Going out in public skirted for the first time

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Going out in public skirted for the first time

Post by Caultron »

GerdG wrote:We had the night before talked about the injustice of women being able to wear everything, men only what men used to wear.

No, I didn't change. The shorts I had been wearing were very much looking like my new skirt, the major difference it being a skirt. In fact my wife didn't notice that I was wearing a skirt until I had been back for quiete some time. She accepted it in the first place. And I wore it several times during the holidays. But after some time she started to worry about it.
That's not a bad reaction at all. Now just keep up the gentle pressure.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

She is fine with me wearing kilts, which I do most of the time.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

My suggestion for wearing a skirt in public would be to visit a hiking trail. You can decide how close or far you can be from other people. Most people are there to hike, take pictures, and are in their own world and don't notice what you might be wearing. If they do notice, they would probably envy you and might try it themselves. Take a loop trail or walk around a lake. I suggest an above the knee skirt what resembles shorts. No one has ever noticed what I was wearing. Yesterday my wife and I drove home from a weekend trip for 2 1/2 hours. I stopped at a gas station to fill up and visit the restroom and buy a lottery ticket. No one, my wife included, noticed my skirt. She only noticed after I brought up the subject that no one noticed, including her. She is definitely used to me wearing skirts. I prefer not wearing a skirt near where we live because I might run into someone I know and I don't feel like dealing with that. I was wearing a stretch light weight denim skirt above the knees. Perfect for driving. Keeps my crotch from being crimped and allows air conditioning comfort.
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

Lakes are good, because you often must follow a path, meaning that you cannot just chicken out and even if some shall take your skirt for shorts you will be noticed. And your world shall not fall apart.
You are a man who has chosen to wear a skirt. For whatever reason. Point.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.