New Macabi skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

New Macabi skirt

Post by moonshadow »

Fellas, I am disappointment in you all!

In my brief absence from the forums, nobody has even bothered to notice that Macabi has a new knee length (short) skirt out on the market now!

Gheeze... do I have to keep up with everything for you all!?! :lol: :wink:

Macabi knee length skirt

I've even had time to find it, order it, and model it....

I discovered the knee length skirt while shopping for a standard red one (I've always wanted a red Macabi ever since I first started wearing skirts)

-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New Macabi skirt

Post by hoborob »

All right we can call off the search and rescue mission. Moon found his own way back...... :D :roll:
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

Nice to see you back here Moon. :D
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi Moon & glad to see you back in print :!: :D

Nice pic's BTW. The short Macabi is a bit too short for me.
Do they make any exceptions :?:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

P.S. - Say hi to Jen & Amber for me :D
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Moon I nearly resorted to the PM to try and locate you but I figured that maybe you were in a situation where you wanted your privacy for a short while. The skirts look fine though your blue and white striped top does strange moire-like things on my monitor.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

The short Macabi looks good, and practical with pockets. Great choice of colour too.

Here is a mini for Dennis's monitor
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

I like the short Macabi. It looks a little stiff and hopefully would break in and relax after some launderings. On the other hand the ventilation would be great.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Although the patterning is quite dense I think from a distance the skirt would look to be grey so would actually blend in quite well. Looks a good skirt to wear.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

About time that they finally started selling something that isn't ankle-length... Looks good. Might have to get a couple this summer.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Uncle Al wrote:Do they make any exceptions :?:
My best suggestion would be to try the "standard" (original) Macabi in the "short" length. On me, that skirt comes a few inches below my knees.

The red one is the standard length. I don't have any of the "long" length.

This is me wearing the "short" length large size black Macabi.

-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Today I ordered a knee length Macabi. :D "Purple haze" in color. (I believe that is the color that Moon Shadow is wearing at the top). Size ordered is extra large.

I looked at the Macabi web site. Measured the circumference of my waist with a fabric tape measure. I called using the number provided by the web site, and talked to a man named Mike Kingsburg. He confirmed that the knee length is indeed supposed to be Unisex. Using the waist size that I provided, he helped determine the appropriate size of the garment. Went ahead and put the purchase on my Visa card while I was talking to him.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Wait a minute Moonshadow $2.36 for ice cream Ill take 2 Rocky Roads and a cookie dough :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

oldsalt1 wrote:Wait a minute Moonshadow $2.36 for ice cream Ill take 2 Rocky Roads and a cookie dough :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fred can sure send you up some provided it doesn't melt! That was taken in the Aiken S.C. walmart.
-Andrea
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote:
oldsalt1 wrote:Wait a minute Moonshadow $2.36 for ice cream Ill take 2 Rocky Roads and a cookie dough :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fred can sure send you up some provided it doesn't melt! That was taken in the Aiken S.C. walmart.
That sale has ended. :blue: The price is now double and the quality is not great either. and because it is so hot it would be melted before it even leaves the P.O. :( :(
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

The new knee length skirt arrived today. I was somewhat surprised to find it in my mailbox-it is soft enough and compact enough to fit. Removed it from the package. The skirt is quite simple, of thin material. Good pockets in front, gives me someplace to put my hands. It has an elastic waist, drawstring, and belt loops.

When I sat down at the computer I noticed that the skirt somewhat restricts the degree that I can spread my legs. This takes some getting used to. One difference from kilting.

I am sitting without a shirt, in front of a fan. The apartment tends to get a bit toasty during the summer. Rematching an episode of Primeval on DVD. This one features a raptor dinosaur on the loose inside a mall.