Corduroy skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Corduroy skirt

Post by Bertino56 »

Any corduroy skirts out there?
I don't own any, but would like to try something like this.
http://www.dressedupgirl.com/wp-content ... -Skirt.jpg
Conventional cut and fit, knee-length, pockets and belt loops, serviceable and durable-
looking. But I would like other colors than just grey.
I have other garments in corduroy which I like.
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Corduroy skirt

Post by Bertino56 »

Here's another good one. North Face Nenana.
http://www.evo.com/outlet/skirts/the-no ... omens.aspx
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I have one that I picked up at a thrift store a couple of years ago. It's 20" khaki pencil skirt that's comfortable because it has a little stretch to it. And on cool day's it's a little warmer than some fabrics.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I've just had a quick scoot through my pics thread and counted seven cord skirts. I have more than that, not least because I bought a short M&S, one on Ebay a few months ago and liked it ... so when someone was selling the same skirt in another colour I bought that one as well ... and so on until I now have six. It seems a bit OTT, but I do wear them quite a lot. The red and the blue are exhibited on pages 14 and 16, leaving four other tasteful shades under wraps. They also did it in dark green, but I've only ever seen it at £15 or so, plus postage, and I don't want to pay that much.

Strangely, although they were all presumably sold as the same design of skirt, they are different from each other in various ways: stretchiness of the material, size of the pockets, width of the pocket openings, style of back pockets (patch pockets or, er ... interior). I find this very odd, but maybe they were made in different factories by different companies and they are given a bit of leeway by M&S. However they are all exactly the same length and width, so there is some strict control involved.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

Unfortunately corduroy seems to have long ago disappeared from fashion. I liked my corduroy skirts, of which I had several. The pictures below are about 13 years old.

GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Nice pics Gerd. It's nice also to know that 13 years ago in Denmark there were green shrubs & trees!
I too like cord, but it does crease easily. The two in the middle, the green and the brown look best to me. I also like the A-line shape, too.
The 'Wickelrock' at the bottom is probably easy to put on &c, but doesn't hang quite so nicely.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !