My new clothes.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

My new clothes.

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I just received an order for 2 skirts and a dress, I was so pleased with them when they arrived today that I wore one of the skirts to town and went shopping in Wal-Mart. Here is the URLS for the dress and the skirts. I got the orange dress and the chocolate and the heather charcoal skirts

http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing/Sur ... s=1&Splt=0

http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing/Str ... s=1&Splt=0

The fit is fantastic.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: My new clothes.

Post by Sinned »

Both good choices although I would have chosen the black in the dress as I have nothing in my wardrobe to go with orange.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Nice items there. I too would've gone for the black & white version as I have numerous shoes that would match well with that color dress.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Actually when I ordered this the other color was not listed as an option and I do like the orange. The other color is actually a blue color and not black.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

The dress is a pretty bold color for a man. The skirt should be fine so I'd say go for it.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Looked blue on my screen as well but the description said black so I wasn't going to argue. The blue would have been just as good.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Cool choices Fred. I must admit, the orange one is definitely different, but give it a go! It may just come together nicely. I'm not sure I agree with orange not being a man's color. Orange really isn't gendered like pink and blue, nor does it hold any real significance in color symbolism, as colors like purple tend to be.

To me, the dress makes me think of orange sherbet ice cream! :mrgreen:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote:Cool choices Fred. I must admit, the orange one is definitely different, but give it a go! It may just come together nicely. I'm not sure I agree with orange not being a man's color. Orange really isn't gendered like pink and blue, nor does it hold any real significance in color symbolism, as colors like purple tend to be.

To me, the dress makes me think of orange sherbet ice cream! :mrgreen:
I am wearing the dress now and went to the post office yesterday in it. It fits nicely and I do like orange sherbet ice cream as well as the old orange cream cicle. :lol: