What to wear under a skirt?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Bbath2003

What to wear under a skirt?

Post by Bbath2003 »

I was just wondering seeing what you guys like to wear under your skirts. Iv tried underwear,boxer,spandex/yoga shorts. I have found I like the spandex/ yoga shorts. There comfy and provide covrege in the event of a blow up or an exposure.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What to wear under a skirt?

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Sorry, but I think forum rule 3, which can be found here applies. Underwear is not for public display.
Bbath2003

Post by Bbath2003 »

If need to be removed it can be. I would but don't know how to. U appolagize if I offended anyone.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Not to worry. Just realised you're fairly new here; don't be put off from joining in and :welcome:
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

Although there is indeed Rule 3 which proscribes discussions about underwear, in practice this is sometimes a legitimate area for discussion when it is directly concerned with the practicalities of wearing skirts. Hence you will find threads about underskirts and petticoats, for although these items are not usually visible, they can be crucial to the techniques of wearing and managing a skirt and therefore definitely relevant to our forum. Similarly for legwear - tights, hose, etc., Indeed, the interactions of skirts, underskirts and legwear are important when it comes to how a skirt moves and hangs.

The situation becomes far more questionable when it comes to underpants, etc. Rule 3 is designed to restrict or prevent discussions about what you wear next to your private parts. If you want to wear spandex, boxer shorts or lacy panties or whatever, that's fine, but as a general rule we don't want to know about it here.
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

I would digress that is why these items are called "UNMENTIONABLES" !
Whether needed for protection or hygienic reasons Victoria's Secret should be just that a Secret
and only the wearer has a need to know !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Bbath2003 wrote:I was just wondering seeing what you guys like to wear under your skirts. Iv tried underwear,boxer,spandex/yoga shorts. I have found I like the spandex/ yoga shorts. There comfy and provide covrege in the event of a blow up or an exposure.
Briefs (usually dark), tights (pantyhose), and nothing seem to be the most popular choices.

Wearing pants or baggy leggings under a skirt is usually seen as a sellout.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

I always use a half-slip. Feels good, and keeps the skirt hanging and flowing much more smoothly.

Three doctors in a row have said it's a great idea to wear support hose, and I'll add opaque tights and leggings of various types depending on the weather and/or the look I am trying to achieve.

Like I told a friend, it's a great idea to wear a slip or even a light skirt UNDER the kilt. Keeps the expensive kilt cleaner longer. :mrgreen: Especially since I sweat a lot, easily, the under-kilt or under-skirt (whatever) helps distribute the sweat and the waistband of the skirt is a little drier. (Maybe I should wear a dress to the gym....) 8)
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I've occasionally worn a slip as well, but only when a skirt is made of clingy fabric, and when it's too warm to wear tights.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

I frequently wear a half slip under my skirts for extra warmth.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

skirted_in_SF wrote:I frequently wear a half slip under my skirts for extra warmth.
+1

I wear what most people would wear under their skirts. Tights too when its cold :!: :wink:
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Usually long socks and always underpants for decency but the rest depends on the weather. In Summer the skirt alone is sufficient, but in Spring and Autumn I wear a long full cotton underskirt, almost as long as the skirt itself. In Winter I sometimes wear two underskirts if the weather is really cold.

I have been experimenting with flounced and doubled hems on the underskirts, they can make a worthwhile difference in windy weather.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

In summer only under pants to prevent exposure and flip flops. In winter If the weather is cold enough I add heavy knee socks and shoes, If it is really cold I add a half slip to the mix. Skirts are usually knee length even in winter. I do have and wear mid calf length skirts too.

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
SkirtedWelshman

Post by SkirtedWelshman »

Black briefs work for me. Maximum movement, discrete if someone looks up your skirt.

Martin
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

When in Scotland, wear what a Scotsman wears. When in England wear what you feel.