The worm has turned

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The worm has turned

Post by JeffB1959 »

oldsalt1 wrote:How about this for a laugh.
I attend a weekly PTSD group. This past week we went to a horse farm .
This is a new therapy working with horses. The interaction promotes a feeling of calm and distraction.

I questioned our group leader if there was going to be any riding or is it just caring and mingling with the horses.

She said no that no riding was involved. than she asked why I was concerned. I said I was wondering that since I was wearing a skirt if there was riding would I have to do it side saddle :?: :roll: :lol:
Heh! That would’ve been interesting!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I think I remember reading somewhere that trousers were invented so people could ride astride horses, otherwise there would have been no need for them.!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Kirbstone wrote:I think I remember reading somewhere that trousers were invented so people could ride astride horses, otherwise there would have been no need for them.!

Tom
That is correct. One of my post-rationalisations for wearing a skirt "Oh, I don't ride horses"
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I realize my laundry is not a major issue but I get a kick when I do it and it comes out and as for bottoms 3 skirts to one pair of pants
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

To save energy I dry clothes on a line on our back porch. I have upon the line at present four tee shirts, two skirts, one pair of leggings and a few undershorts...and one pair of Columbia nylon swim shorts, in which I do yard work. So yeah, favorable ratio.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I get my Practice laundry/dry cleaning people to attend to my unbifurcated things as MOH wouldn't tolerate seeing them hung out to dry at home.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

With the seasons changing and winter coming on I was spending some time re arranging my closet . I always had a pretty large selection of shorts which I usually wore from early march until November as I was moving the shorts it dawned on me that I had only worn a pair of shorts maybe a dozen times over the past spring and summer just about all of the times that I would normally have put on a pair of shorts I was wearing a skirt instead
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Lets face it as we were growing up we were all pubescent little perv's running around ever watchful of ladies in compromising positions trying to get that fleeting glance at a pair of panties as she got out of her car or stood up or sat down.

It is some 60 years later and I am engaging in a discussion (SKIRTS DO"S AND DONT"S) about the proper actions to prevent some pubescent little perv or anyone else from getting a glimpse .

I never go commando and with the cold weather it is not only panties but usually tights. I try to maintain my decorum but I feel if getting a flash is going to make someone's day screw it
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

oldsalt1 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:38 am Lets face it as we were growing up we were all pubescent little perv's running around ever watchful of ladies in compromising positions trying to get that fleeting glance at a pair of panties as she got out of her car or stood up or sat down.
It is some 60 years later and I am engaging in a discussion (SKIRTS DO"S AND DONT"S) about the proper actions to prevent some pubescent little perv or anyone else from getting a glimpse .
I never go commando and with the cold weather it is not only panties but usually tights. I try to maintain my decorum but I feel if getting a flash is going to make someone's day screw it
I quite feel the same way. If it makes their day to get a glimpse of my unmentionables who cares I don't. It is not illegal in most places to be seen in public in your undies as long as everything is covered. Have you ever been to the beach lately to see all of the women running around wearing only 3 inches of cloth total and a couple of pieces of string for their bathing suits. :shock:
I never go commando in Summer or Winter, It makes me feel positively naked to do so. :oops: :oops:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

denimini wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:50 am
Kirbstone wrote:I think I remember reading somewhere that trousers were invented so people could ride astride horses, otherwise there would have been no need for them.!

Tom
That is correct. One of my post-rationalisations for wearing a skirt "Oh, I don't ride horses"
I think trousers would have still been invented at some point during the start of the industrial revolution.
There are too many hazards in industrial environment to safely wear a skirt.
Just in mine alone there are cut, burn, chemical, and physical hazards. Where a skirt would not be a benefit, if anything it would be a greater hazard to wear one.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:48 pm
I think trousers would have still been invented at some point during the start of the industrial revolution.
Just in mine alone there are cut, burn, chemical, and physical hazards. Where a skirt would not be a benefit, if anything it would be a greater hazard to wear one.
I think that you are correct. Even those who don't partake in equestrian pursuits may still encounter things like motorcycling or skydiving. Wearing a non-bifurcated wetsuit would be like a mermaid.

Interestingly, overalls are now banned in many industries because they are so slow to remove if they catch fire. I wear a mini skirt when I am welding or grinding and could have that off in a couple of seconds :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:48 pm

Tom
I believe in Europe they first were worn by the "barbarians" to the north of the Roman empire, for riding on horses in cold climates. This was long before the industrial revolution. Other cultures in other parts of the world also had pants, such as the Oriental cultures. At least one region had women wearing pants centuries before they were adopted for women in the West. Pants likely became mandatory in many settings for workers during the industrial revolution, but already existed in various forms prior to that. I believe that was when skirts for men really started to go away.

The French Revolution also killed fashion generally, since such things emphasized class differences, signified wealth, and were seen as going against the revolution's "cult of reason." Anyone dressing fancy was likely nobility, and would be sent to the guillotine. Women's fashion recovered much better than men's, for whatever reason.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Tom
denimini wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:50 amI think trousers would have still been invented at some point during the start of the industrial revolution.
Well, such was already earlier. The horseriders from the far east wore leg covers when riding their horses. Also the women of the "barbarians" had legcovers all the way up when searching for berries etc.
denimini wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:50 amThere are too many hazards in industrial environment to safely wear a skirt.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Don't want to get gross but we have all had the situation when we were out wearing a skirt and nature calls. I get a chuckle every time that I am standing at the fixture and I go for the zipper . Than I realize just lift the skirt up .

Than I sometimes wonder what the other men in the restroom might think if they notice a man relieving himself with his skirt lifted up.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Well I usually use the stalls so no one sees how I lift my skirt. When I do have to use the stand up out side of the stalls I usually try to be as concealed as possible. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.