The worm has turned

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

The worm has turned

Post by oldsalt1 »

With politics and the elections there has been a lot of stress and tension. I thought I would throw in something on the lighter side as we all can hopefully get a few chuckles out of it.
Now that we are the ones wearing the skirts certain situations have reversed themselves.
When we saw a women in a skirt we looked. Maybe back then to see what we can see and Now we still look but it is to appreciate the finer things.

Back in the 60's one of my first jobs was driving a small truck for a construction company. Driving the truck you were sitting up a little hi. Back then most women wore skirts. and the greatest thing was to come up to a women driving a car. From your vantage point you had a great look into the car and if the skirt was up a little wow what view.
I was on my way to the mall tonight. I wear my skirts a little short. and when I am driving a good deal of leg would show. And from a car driving along side if all you can see is the skirt and the legs you can't really tell who is driving. As I was driving an SUV pulled up along side and I could tell that the truck driver could only see my legs and skirt. He stayed exactly with me for a couple of miles. When we finally stopped for a red light. The look on his face was priceless when he realized it was at a man driving.

When I got to the mall I ran into another situation. I had to go into Penny's to pick up an order. The pickup desk was on the second floor. The only way up up was a very very long escalator in the center of the floor with glass sides. Like I said my skirt was a little short . I am sure nobody even looked or cared but it sure felt like the whole world was there trying to look up my skirt. I was chuckling all the way and I had proper undergarments on so there was problem. But it sure made me wonder how the ladies felt in the same situation.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: The worm has turned

Post by crfriend »

oldsalt1 wrote:I was on my way to the mall tonight. I wear my skirts a little short. and when I am driving a good deal of leg would show. And from a car driving along side if all you can see is the skirt and the legs you can't really tell who is driving. As I was driving an SUV pulled up along side and I could tell that the truck driver could only see my legs and skirt. He stayed exactly with me for a couple of miles. When we finally stopped for a red light. The look on his face was priceless when he realized it was at a man driving.
That one goes in the "priceless" category. "Sorry, pal, I'm not your type."
When I got to the mall I ran into another situation. I had to go into Penny's to pick up an order. The pickup desk was on the second floor. The only way up up was a very very long escalator in the center of the floor with glass sides. Like I said my skirt was a little short . I am sure nobody even looked or cared but it sure felt like the whole world was there trying to look up my skirt. I was chuckling all the way and I had proper undergarments on so there was problem. But it sure made me wonder how the ladies felt in the same situation.
They whine and gripe about it.

In my prior gig, the company erected a brand new specially-commissioned building as the show-piece, and one of the architectural elements was a vast central space that went from the ground floor to the top floor and with a full skylight above. It also had a fabulous glass-tread staircase going all the way up for four stories.

The women were horrified by it, and more than a few filed formal complaints. My last act of defiance there was to wear a short skirt and to transit said staircase.

Light and contrast are your friend in this regard. It's much brighter from above than it is from below. This means that what's under your skirt is going to be too dark to perceive versus the ambient light. Modern "women" should think about science from time to time and not knee-jerk by what the "feminists" are telling them.

It was a fun couple of minutes. Sadly, no photographs (that I know of) exist, and even if they did, nothing was on display and I would have picked up a flash of light from below if anybody was being funny.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

oldsalt1 wrote:With politics and the elections there has been a lot of stress and tension. I thought I would throw in something on the lighter side as we all can hopefully get a few chuckles out of it.
Hasn't there just! With a little bit of luck, we'll get out the other side relatively unscathed, albeit with a few ruffled feathers :D
oldsalt1 wrote:Now that we are the ones wearing the skirts certain situations have reversed themselves.
When we saw a women in a skirt we looked. Maybe back then to see what we can see and Now we still look but it is to appreciate the finer things.

Back in the 60's one of my first jobs was driving a small truck for a construction company. Driving the truck you were sitting up a little hi. Back then most women wore skirts. and the greatest thing was to come up to a women driving a car. From your vantage point you had a great look into the car and if the skirt was up a little wow what view.
The vantage point from a motorcycle isn't bad either, possibly better!
crfriend wrote:
oldsalt1 wrote:I was on my way to the mall tonight. I wear my skirts a little short. and when I am driving a good deal of leg would show. And from a car driving along side if all you can see is the skirt and the legs you can't really tell who is driving. As I was driving an SUV pulled up along side and I could tell that the truck driver could only see my legs and skirt. He stayed exactly with me for a couple of miles. When we finally stopped for a red light. The look on his face was priceless when he realized it was at a man driving.
That one goes in the "priceless" category. "Sorry, pal, I'm not your type."
Carl, you took the words from my mouth.
oldsalt1 wrote:When I got to the mall I ran into another situation. I had to go into Penny's to pick up an order. The pickup desk was on the second floor. The only way up up was a very very long escalator in the center of the floor with glass sides. Like I said my skirt was a little short . I am sure nobody even looked or cared but it sure felt like the whole world was there trying to look up my skirt. I was chuckling all the way and I had proper undergarments on so there was problem. But it sure made me wonder how the ladies felt in the same situation.
In roughly equal measures, they love the attention and detest the vulnerability of exposure. In both cases, the male viewer is the bad guy.
crfriend wrote:Light and contrast are your friend in this regard. It's much brighter from above than it is from below. This means that what's under your skirt is going to be too dark to perceive versus the ambient light. Modern "women" should think about science from time to time and not knee-jerk by what the "feminists" are telling them.
Sadly, "equality" and science remain uncomfortable bedfellows in this instance. Emotional detachment rarely occurs, such that modern social conditioning takes precedence.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

That reminds me of the day I was helping my neighbor work on his car in the backyard. I was wearing a skirt that came to a few inches above my knee, but when you bend over, you know how those things ride up. I'd say it was showing just a few inches below my butt cheeks. An RV repair man pulled up from behind in his service van asking for the owner. He had a "hheeeeeyyy" about his greeting, I stood up and turned around, he grinned ear to ear as he asked his question.

I couldn't hear him being so far away, so I walked towards his van. The closer I got, the more his grin turned into a frown. When I keyed up my hillbilly boy voice, he wasn't impressed, and made a quick exit! :lol:

What can I say... it was a cute little skirt. :D

The only other incident I had that we can look back on and laugh now, but wasn't funny at the time was when I got the Pennsylvania state police called on me for attempting to break into my mother in law's house. (she died that weekend). While I maintain that the lock was already busted, I later learned that the nosy neighbor that called it in called in "two women are attempting to break into a house". Those "two women" were my wife and me. :lol:

I came mighty close to spending a few nights in the Pennsylvania penal system, yes... in a skirt!

Oh the stuff me and those skirts have gotten into!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Great read. Chuckled all the way through.

Man or woman, if you are to wear short skirts then in certain situations modesty may be retained but partially compromised. Man or woman, if you do not like it, use alternate means of access, wear longer skirts or like I've read above enjoy every moment perceived or not perceived.

Cannot recall any known experiences like that but if I've brightened up some ones day then that's great. Nearest for me is airport scanner whilst in a skirt. Alarm went off, female attendant instantly moved towards me, split second later did a 180 turn and beckoned to the male attendant without word said. Patted down as expected but stayed away from the crown jewels area.

At the end of the day it is just clothing and underwear noting some readers here may quote article 3 at this point. Your are not flashing or being sexually explicit. It's the behaviour of the other individuals that is the issue and quite honestly shouldn't have the need to look, especially if cannot cope with what you see. Many do look and some cannot cope, it's part of human nature.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

LOL!! Loved that account, Old Salt!

Actually had the same thing happen to me. We have a lot of "jacked-up" pickups around here...almost to the point of being "Monster trucks." It was a driver of one who got his eyes full. I was a little concerned that he might be armed, and so many rednecks around here are. But I think he was suddenly questioning his own sexuality...as he drove away, stony faced.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

dillon wrote:I think he was suddenly questioning his own sexuality...as he drove away, stony faced.
Goll-ee, I didn' expec' that!

Cue up Aerosmith's Dude looks like a lady (at least until you see his face). :lol:
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

It happened again Was out driving. This time it was a big pickup. They pulled up along side and stayed with me . I changed speed and they did the same. I decided to have some fun. AS I was driving I pulled my leg back a little showing a little more. Still decent. When we finally pulled up to a light. and our eyes met it wasn't the look of shock and disappointment that I expected. In fact SHE actually gave me a smile and a chuckle.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Great story!

What happened next?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

What happened next In my mind you wouldn't believe it. in reality what do you think I went and finished my shopping.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

oldsalt1 wrote:What happened next In my mind you wouldn't believe it. in reality what do you think I went and finished my shopping.
Try me.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

oldsalt1 wrote:It happened again Was out driving. This time it was a big pickup. They pulled up along side and stayed with me . I changed speed and they did the same. I decided to have some fun. AS I was driving I pulled my leg back a little showing a little more. Still decent. When we finally pulled up to a light. and our eyes met it wasn't the look of shock and disappointment that I expected. In fact SHE actually gave me a smile and a chuckle.
Love it!
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I am an accountant so I am busy this time of year. I was just sitting at my computer doing a corporate tax return. and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't comfortable.

When I got up this morning I had to run out to the deli. IT was about 20 degrees so I threw on a pair of jeans and ran out. When I came home I went to work.

Then It dawned on me I wasn't comfortable because I still had my jeans on. I had to get up and go put a on a skirt.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

This happens to me too!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I have not had this happen in a long, long time. Why because I no longer wear the double tube garment. :lol:

I don't know what I would do if I was told I could not wear my skirts, I think I would just go naked and that would cause people to pour bleach into their eyes. :boohoo: :pale:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.