The worm has turned

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The worm has turned

Post by Daryl »

oldsalt1 wrote:
It's reflexive, not real interest. The instinct to try to see the forbidden fruit is faster than thinking about how fresh that fruit might be. :)
Thats a great line :lol: :lol: :lol:
:)

I probably already related here how a female cop once called me over to her in a crowd specifically to ask what was under my kilt. As tedious as I find that question now, it just about made my day.
Daryl...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Daryl, over here people in official positions have been disciplined for incidents such as this. What concern of hers is what you are or aren't wearing under your skirt as long as you aren't being exhibitionist? This is one case where the question, "Would you ask that question of a woman?" is applicable. Sexism at its worst because it's by someone in authority who should know better.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Sinned wrote:Daryl, over here people in official positions have been disciplined for incidents such as this. What concern of hers is what you are or aren't wearing under your skirt as long as you aren't being exhibitionist? This is one case where the question, "Would you ask that question of a woman?" is applicable. Sexism at its worst because it's by someone in authority who should know better.
Yeah, I could have taken it that way for sure, and it probably would have been all kinds of trouble for her, but I knew she was doing it in merriment. It was a street festival and there was quite a good mood. I just laughed and told her the truth. I think maybe she'd made a bet on my answer with her two male colleagues, from the way they looked when I answerred.
Daryl...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I suppose context is everything and now that you have explained it your reaction seems reasonable. I was once stopped riding through York town centre in an area where cycling wasn't allowed by a couple of coppers whilst I was wearing a skirt. I dismounted, they gave me few words of now don't do it again but said nothing about my skirt.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Sinned wrote:I suppose context is everything and now that you have explained it your reaction seems reasonable. I was once stopped riding through York town centre in an area where cycling wasn't allowed by a couple of coppers whilst I was wearing a skirt. I dismounted, they gave me few words of now don't do it again but said nothing about my skirt.
This is a very good sign. I'm gald I live where I do and not in one of those weird places that decided to enact "masking" laws to make gender conformance something police could use to hassle people over. Here the mood is decidedly respectful of differences, even celebratory of them. It's so much so that it would be wrong to assume that any attention given to difference is de facto disapproval or oppression.
Daryl...
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I consider this a real turn of events. As with just about everybody on the cafe I got my first skirts from the thrift stores or discount racks. As I am maturing in skirt wearing I have tried to upgrade the overall quality of my skirt collection. Nothing extravagant I still look for discounts. In any event I have amassed a sizeable collection. I am cleaning out my closet and started packing a box of things that I am going to bring to my churches thrift store.

I am actually packing skirts in the box.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

oldsalt1 wrote:I consider this a real turn of events. As with just about everybody on the cafe I got my first skirts from the thrift stores or discount racks. As I am maturing in skirt wearing I have tried to upgrade the overall quality of my skirt collection. Nothing extravagant I still look for discounts. In any event I have amassed a sizeable collection. I am cleaning out my closet and started packing a box of things that I am going to bring to my churches thrift store.

I am actually packing skirts in the box.
That actually says something. I have sent two skirts to the thrift shop in my life so far.
Daryl...
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Just a simple observation. I was doing some laundry this morning After i wash I dry them a little than hang them to avoid shrinkage.

I was hanging up the last load and I realized that something is missing.

I have just gone thru an entire summer and have had very few pairs of shorts to hang up. There is always skirts but hardly ever any shorts.

I used to be a fanatic about wearing shorts. Id wear them well into the winter. It now seems that I have replaced my shorts wardrobe with skirts and everytime that I would have worn shorts I now wear a skirt.

I used to have running shorts for my walks now I have running skirts. Heck I even have a skirt that I set aside for painting.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

oldsalt1 wrote:Just a simple observation. I was doing some laundry this morning After i wash I dry them a little than hang them to avoid shrinkage.

I was hanging up the last load and I realized that something is missing.

I have just gone thru an entire summer and have had very few pairs of shorts to hang up. There is always skirts but hardly ever any shorts.

I used to be a fanatic about wearing shorts. Id wear them well into the winter. It now seems that I have replaced my shorts wardrobe with skirts and everytime that I would have worn shorts I now wear a skirt.

I used to have running shorts for my walks now I have running skirts. Heck I even have a skirt that I set aside for painting.
Same here, I used to be a great shorts wearer in summer (real shorts, Stubbies, not knee length). Now mini skirts have totally replaced shorts as the choice for warm weather.
I used to be shy about skirts hanging on the line when visitors came but now it is common knowledge that I wear skirts, it is unremarkable to have skirts on the line.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sinned wrote:Daryl, over here people in official positions have been disciplined for incidents such as this. What concern of hers is what you are or aren't wearing under your skirt as long as you aren't being exhibitionist? This is one case where the question, "Would you ask that question of a woman?" is applicable. Sexism at its worst because it's by someone in authority who should know better.
"What was under a kilt" could have been with regard to a firearm - over there. A response could have been "Don't worry, I am unarmed"
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

denimini wrote:Same here, I used to be a great shorts wearer in summer (real shorts, Stubbies, not knee length).
Now mini skirts have totally replaced shorts as the choice for warm weather.
I used to be shy about skirts hanging on the line when visitors came, but now it is
common knowledge that I wear skirts, it is unremarkable to have skirts on the line.
I know what you mean, most of my shorts had a 5 inch inseam .

I don't hang my clothes out on the line. I have some hanging racks in the laundry room.
I do make sure that if anybody walks into the laundry room, the skirts are the first thing
they see :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Uncle Al on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Formatting and punctuation errors
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

My shorts are also quite short, 5 cm (not 5 inch :wink: ) inseam and all of them I had to shorten myself. From an old pair of jeans or a "regular" shorts. Before my skirt wearing I heard a remark from a guy to his mates that the 60s wanted their shorts back when I came back from shopping.
In my household everything goes in the dryer. We have clothes lines in the back yard but also a lot of birds without diapers.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

denimini wrote:
"What was under a kilt" could have been with regard to a firearm - over there. A response could have been "Don't worry, I am unarmed"
Over where?
Daryl...
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Daryl wrote:
denimini wrote:
Over where?
Dennis wrote "over here ..............." so over there meant where Dennis wasn't. Sorry, I didn't look at the location of your posting when citing the firearm example and on reflection was not appropriate as Canada rates fairly low on gun ownership.
My point was; what was under a kilt needn't be interpreted stereotypically , hence the reply needn't be predictable:
"Are you accusing me of shoplifting?"
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

denimini wrote: My point was; what was under a kilt needn't be interpreted stereotypically , hence the reply needn't be predictable:
"Are you accusing me of shoplifting?"
My favourite witty reply is "your sister's lipstick", but that probably wasn't a good idea in that situation (female cop asking). Maybe some reference to shoplifting would have gotten me frisked, but alas I am not quick witted enough in such situations.
Daryl...