(Good) Comments are king.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: (Good) Comments are king.

Post by oldsalt1 »

Nice shot Dave I would send in the same but I would need a step ladder to get on the hood :lol: :lol: :lol:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:...The next warm, sunny day (Yeah, we do have them in the Pacific Northwest) your remark will get me thinking, "Do I need to coordinate my outfit to Ginger (my Miata)?"..
Looking good, there, Pdxfashionpioneer!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

oldsalt1 wrote:Nice shot Dave I would send in the same but I would need a step ladder to get on the hood :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are that short that you would need a step ladder to sit on the hood of a Miata?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would need a crane to get out of one though!! :rofl: :hide:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Fabulous pic!

Great car and great outfit.

Only gripe is the black wheels. Great on a Ford Model T: naff otherwise.

Love the skirt/hose/heels combo.

Once again, raising the bar!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Fred in Skirts wrote:I would need a crane to get out of one though!! :rofl: :hide:
I can get into and out of 'em easily enough, but it's impossible to put the top down if I'm sitting in one. Sat normally, I gaze happily out over the top of the windscreen. This caused much hilarity in Florida one year when my late ex- and I borrowed her friend's Miata there for a drive to the Kennedy Space Center.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Fred in Skirts wrote:
oldsalt1 wrote:Nice shot Dave I would send in the same but I would need a step ladder to get on the hood :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are that short that you would need a step ladder to sit on the hood of a Miata?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

MY red car a Subaru crosstrek SUV
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Thank you OldSalt1, Caultron & Ray! Btw, the photo was taken by a professional.

Ginger's black wheels are part of the original 25th Anniversary package that includes the red exterior with a black MX-5 stripe running along the rocker panel, a black retractable hard top, and a black interior with red accent stitching on the seats and a true red insert running across the dashboard. To your point Ray, my gearhead brother doesn't care for black wheels either. I didn't think I would like the red band running across the interior, but it's grown on me!

The silk blouse came from ThredUp and the leather skirt from a resale store. The pumps I bought new, from Payless Shoes. Christian Siriano designed them. My point is you can look like a million bucks for cheap!
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:Good grief Old Salt1, now you've done it! The next warm, sunny day (Yeah, we do have them in the Pacific Northwest) your remark will get me thinking, "Do I need to coordinate my outfit to Ginger (my Miata)?"

DSC_0141 (2).jpg
Love it! Nice skirt!!!
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

I've gotten a fair number of good comments over the years in utility kilts. On of my favorites was a simple "I like your outfit," from a gentleman with a foreign accent. My best guess was that he was from Africa somewhere.

I figure that folks with more exposure to other cultures are far more accepting of more unusual fashion choices.

Another was a guy I met at the airport (another American this time) who got so excited he asked for a picture with me. I agreed, and his wife was kind enough to take it.

The airport guy asked a question that I've gotten multiple times, that always strikes me a bit odd: he asked if I was wearing it for work. Ironically, work is one place I haven't yet worn a kilt.

Both of the above were on actual Utilikilts, but I've gotten short positive comments on my 511 Tactical kilt also. The 511 actually got an inquiry about where I got it, from one of the guys working at the local hardware store.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Dust wrote:I've gotten a fair number of good comments over the years in utility kilts...
Me too.

The latest was yesterday (Saturday) when I was out hiking with my club in the woods. I was wearing a 5.11 Tactical woodland camouflage utility kit and a married couple passed me going the other way. The husband remarked, "I almost didn't see you in that camouflage outfit," and I told him, "Well, I like to be one with nature," and then the wife remarked, "Honey, you should get one!"

When this happens I often look at the husband, jerk my elbow with a thumbs-up, wink, and remark, "Hey, she likes it, eh?" but in this case they passed by too quickly. Oh well.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Caultron wrote: When this happens I often look at the husband, jerk my elbow with a thumbs-up, wink, and remark, "Hey, she likes it, eh?"
Okay, not my style, but hopefully a new kilt wearer. I don't think I've had quite this situation though. I do remember taking to a lady at an airport who was interested in one for her husband, but didn't seem certain. I told her, "trust me, he'll love it!"
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Caultron wrote:
Dust wrote:I've gotten a fair number of good comments over the years in utility kilts...
Me too.

Me three. Especially the denim one.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

My wife & I were out to dinner last night. The waiter, when bringing the
check, said he like my kilt(black below the knee skirt). He told me he was
a groomsman at his brothers wedding. Being heavy with Scottish ties,
all groomsmen wore the 'Full Rig'. He said the Scots had it right. Cool
and completely comfortable. :D :D :D :D He couldn't wear one at work
as 'jeans' are required, being a Country Western restaurant.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
(who is recovering from medical trauma)
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I get a little chuckle every time I cross the term Uncle Al . I have a very good family friend we always called "uncle Al" actually He was US Senator Al Damato. going back a few years.

How are you doing the little clip about having a medical condition almost slipped by. Hope you are feeling OK.
vendeebeaches

Post by vendeebeaches »

Just had the first ever comment while skirt wearing. Popped to the local supermarket wearing t shirt and 10" mini. Shop assistant said "you look good but its a shame your legs look better than mine" Good comments are definitely king, it really made my day.