Skirted on the bike

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Skirted on the bike

Post by beachlion »

Last Wednesday I went for a bike ride along the canal. The last time I went on the bike to the start of that trail through dense traffic. This time I took the car, already in the denim skirt. After a few minutes along the canal a schoolclass approached me. One kid did not pay attentention and after a slide his bike landed under my bike. He had a few scratches, he cleaned himself up and apologized himself a few times. I straightened his handlebars and asked if he had cuts or pain. He seemed OK. About 10 to 15 classmates were watching us but not a single comment about my skirt.
I rode almost 50 km in 3 hours. There were a lot of bikers, joggers and dogwalkers. Most of them were greeting me friendly. No negative reaction whatsoever. One woman on a racing bike looked at my skirt and had a smile from ear to ear. I had a similar smile because she showed quite some decoletë hanging in her low handlebars.

I'm feeling more and more at ease after those excursions. The next step will be shopping groceries in a kilt.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirted on the bike

Post by RichardA »

Good for you well done
Last edited by RichardA on Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirted on the bike

Post by Caultron »

beachlion wrote:...I'm feeling more and more at ease after those excursions. The next step will be shopping groceries in a kilt.
Good going! After that, grocery shopping should be a piece of cake. Oh, and please buy yourself a six-pack of beer from me.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron