Getting better

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Getting better

Post by Tackleberry »

I went to pick up my new ankle length skirt this afternoon and decided to try it on...
Drove to the riverside park and put it on and had a nice longish walk 8)
There were people around but they were in the distance, so I'm starting to get the courage up :oops:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Getting better

Post by Caultron »

Tackleberry wrote:I went to pick up my new ankle length skirt this afternoon and decided to try it on...
There were people around but they were in the distance, so I'm starting to get the courage up :oops:
Good going!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I went to a film with my wife Monday night, called "The Innocents". It was European, so naturally depressing, but otherwise excellent, even with a happy ending though the happy parts seemed to have been rushed and diminished in favor of the tragic and depressing parts (hence its obvious Euro-style). I wore a grey maxi with drawstring side seams, slightly drawn, and a pale blue henley shirt.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

Tackleberry wrote:I went to pick up my new ankle length skirt this afternoon and decided to try it on...
Tackleberry your in England, so just go out and wear your skirt. All my skirts are either knee length or above, some are VERY short. I've been out loads of places and never had a problem.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

hairy wrote:
Tackleberry your in England, so just go out and wear your skirt. All my skirts are either knee length or above, some are VERY short. I've been out loads of places and never had a problem.
I went for a nice long walk earlier and never saw a soul :roll:
I tried the new knee length denim one and yep it's now one of my favourite skirts 8)
After the walk I drove to the drive through Costa as I fancied a coffee, if the server noticed he never batted an eyelid.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

No one will bother saying anything with you looking like that. Just be confident.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Tackleberry wrote:...I went for a nice long walk earlier and never saw a soul...
I tried the new knee length denim one and yep it's now one of my favourite skirts...
After the walk I drove to the drive through Costa as I fancied a coffee, if the server noticed he never batted an eyelid...
Yes, as I've often said, wearing a skirt in public is no big deal to anyone but you.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Looks just great, thats the exact length and style I like. Very simple. No one is really bothered if you just act yourself :wink:
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

In fact, people generally prefer when you act just like yourself just so long as you're not belligerent about it.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

kilty wrote:Looks just great, thats the exact length and style I like. Very simple. No one is really bothered if you just act yourself :wink:
Well tonight I went for another walk, down by the river and then back to the car park through town, passed several people, loads of cars went by and walked past a few pubs and a takeaway and didn't hear or notice any comments or looks... 8)
Oh, and even managed to climb a gate - not easy in a skirt :oops:
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

Tackleberry wrote:....... Oh, and even managed to climb a gate - not easy in a skirt :oops:
With a skirt you have to re-learn doing the things you are doing for years. :wink:

Years ago in Holland I had a girlfriend. She was quite boyish and like to vault over the three feet high poles that are used to keep the cars from the sidewalks. But then one day she wore a skirt instead of her usual jeans .......
She was lucky we were close to a hospital.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

beachlion wrote:
Tackleberry wrote:....... Oh, and even managed to climb a gate - not easy in a skirt :oops:
With a skirt you have to re-learn doing the things you are doing for years. :wink:

Years ago in Holland I had a girlfriend. She was quite boyish and like to vault over the three feet high poles that are used to keep the cars from the sidewalks. But then one day she wore a skirt instead of her usual jeans .......
She was lucky we were close to a hospital.
What is the trick to climbing a gate in a skirt?
Because I think I did really undignified and there might have been an unintended flash or two :oops: :oops:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Tackleberry wrote:What is the trick to climbing a gate in a skirt?...
Use the latch.

caultron
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

Caultron wrote:
Tackleberry wrote:What is the trick to climbing a gate in a skirt?...
Use the latch.
Oh groan... :lol:
This gate was padlocked so had to climb some what undignified :oops:
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Tackleberry wrote:
beachlion wrote:
What is the trick to climbing a gate in a skirt?
Because I think I did really undignified and there might have been an unintended flash or two :oops: :oops:
It depends on the height of the gate:

For a high gate, at the hinge end, climb the gate until your crotch is just above the top bar. Try to finish up with your back to the hinge and the foot furthest from the gate taking your weight. Lean forwards and grip the top bar firmly, then swing your free leg behind you, over the top bar and down the other side; if you don't try to lift it any higher than is necessary to just clear the bar, you shouldn't expose anything. Feel for a lower bar with your free foot and then transfer your weight to it. Now swing you other leg over, allow your body to turn towards the gate and climb down.

For a low gate, at the hinge end, stand with your back to the gate and place your bottom on the top rail (you may need a bit of a jump and a 'bunk-up' with your hands to do this). Swivel to face away from the hinge and swing the leg nearest the gate up and over the top bar, followed in one smooth movement by the other leg. You can almost keep you knees together as you do this. Continue swivelling in that direction as your legs come down the other side, so that you are facing away from the gate as they hit the ground. The whole thing is done in one swinging movement and it helps if you have a good sense of balance.
[These notes are for guidance only, no responsibility can be accepted for any injuries sustained as the result of following them]
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.