Another one for the Books

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Another one for the Books

Post by Darryl »

Gusto10 wrote:
Caultron wrote:We'll see how extensive the upgrades are. The difference between Windows 10 service pack 99 and Windows 11 is strictly marketing.

And I think Microsoft has to give up on this common UI for PCs, tablets, and phones. All three platforms come out worse. The iPhone and the iMac have different UIs and I think that's been a strength, not a weakness. And Android, of course, isn't like anything on a PC or Mac. Windows Phone, OTOH, has been a crushing failure.

And really, who wants to run Word or Excel on a phone?
I do prefer a windowsphone over apple or andriod
I carried, used and loved three generations of Windows 8/10 Phone (all at the top-end) and finally switched to Android after I dropped my Lumia and cracked the screen and Microsoft released their new high-end Windows Phone...but I couldn't buy it, they had it out there and available (kinda) but I would have to wait for it to be released to the carriers...and got tired of waiting. MS seems to have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot. Still, everything I wanted to do on Windows Phone, I could do.

And the basic phone-based versions of Office work well enough if you need to look at a document or spreadsheet while on the move and prior to or even during a phone discussion of the material. So...it's handy, up to a point.

-- my unsolicited $.02 :D

Wore my new khaki pencil skirt out and about today, 4-button "fly" and belt loops big enough for my trouser belt.

Also took my new Lane Bryant Ponte black jacket to the tailor to get the sleeve's hemmed up to fit. Hopefully next time I want to wear a skirt-suit I'll look better than using my Navy blazer. :)
Judah14
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Judah14 »

Caultron wrote:We'll see how extensive the upgrades are. The difference between Windows 10 service pack 99 and Windows 11 is strictly marketing.

And I think Microsoft has to give up on this common UI for PCs, tablets, and phones. All three platforms come out worse. The iPhone and the iMac have different UIs and I think that's been a strength, not a weakness. And Android, of course, isn't like anything on a PC or Mac. Windows Phone, OTOH, has been a crushing failure.

And really, who wants to run Word or Excel on a phone?
I use GNU/Linux and some GNU/Linux distributions that have mobile versions (like Ubuntu) use a different UI than their desktop versions. And a viewer for documents on phones IMO would be enough for most people.
らき☆
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Back on topic, good look phathack. Nice and simple.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Yes, back on topic; That looks very smart, although I am unsure about the nonsocks with that almost formal style.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia