Unisex Skirts for Children

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Unisex Skirts for Children

Post by crfriend »

Grok wrote:I suspect that many of those who try skirting in middle age...are simply sick and tired of the status quo.
And, also, given our age and status, are likely to be doing so in a position of strength that our younger brethren do not necessarily enjoy.

I'm not saying that the above is right, just that it likely is.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Liam

Post by Liam »

Grok wrote:I suspect that many of those who try skirting in middle age...are simply sick and tired of the status quo.
That certainly the case with me. I wanted to try out a kilt ever since seeing "Spinal Tap" perform live around '92 and Christopher Guest was wearing a kilt - as a guitar player, I thought that was the coolest look I had seen on stage. But it wasn't until 17 or 18 years later that I decided to do it myself... well, in my own style, of course. :D :D :D
Liam

Post by Liam »

crfriend wrote:And, also, given our age and status, are likely to be doing so in a position of strength that our younger brethren do not necessarily enjoy.
That is true as well. I was well established by then, and wasn't nearly so concerned about possible negative reactions I might get. Come to think of it, I haven't had any negative reactions until a few weeks ago when I said something to a guy that unsulted him (he deserved the insult) - and his response was to call me a fag for "wearing a dress". I actually thought it was funny that he wasn't clever enough to come up with something better. At least call the kilt a skirt, it surely wasn't a dress.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Liam wrote:
crfriend wrote:And, also, given our age and status, are likely to be doing so in a position of strength that our younger brethren do not necessarily enjoy.
That is true as well. I was well established by then, and wasn't nearly so concerned about possible negative reactions I might get. Come to think of it, I haven't had any negative reactions until a few weeks ago when I said something to a guy that unsulted him (he deserved the insult) - and his response was to call me a fag for "wearing a dress". I actually thought it was funny that he wasn't clever enough to come up with something better. At least call the kilt a skirt, it surely wasn't a dress.
Yeah the jerks that can't tell the difference between - a dress - a skirt - a kilt - a kilted skirt - and so on !
A dress should not be mistaken for a skirt or a kilt - the garment is an all in one but the skirt or kilt is a two piece
outfit split at the waist and easily identified especially if the fabric is a tartan.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Liam wrote:...I haven't had any negative reactions until a few weeks ago when I said something to a guy that unsulted him (he deserved the insult) - and his response was to call me a fag for "wearing a dress". I actually thought it was funny that he wasn't clever enough to come up with something better. At least call the kilt a skirt, it surely wasn't a dress.
Take it as a cheap shot and then have another beer.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Liam

Post by Liam »

Caultron wrote:Take it as a cheap shot and then have another beer.
Exactly what I thought too. :lol: :lol: :lol: