The times they are a changing

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

The times they are a changing

Post by hairy »

IMG_0122.jpg
IMG_0128.jpg
Look who wears the trousers in my family now. It was my silver wedding yesterday so we had a nice day out and have loads of pics me skirted and even went out of my door to car with this fine skirt on. Normally I have to change in the car but lately I've been walking out to garage while in skirt so I think I'm getting there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The times they are a changing

Post by melsav »

Getting to any destination starts with small steps. Keep going further and further in your chosen attire and you will get there :D
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

If you have no qualms being seen in a skirt elsewhere, you should have no qualms with the neighbor's seeing you either. They're all just people. Keep telling yourself that.

Or have I misread something?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

My neighbours are all a bunch of narrow minded old people. I have a tall hedge just so they can't see in my house and garden, so they complain about that, and if I was to cut it and leave a leaf on the footpath they would complain about too. If they were to see me in a skirt they would prob be calling the police. They make up stories and add on a little bit each time. There's only a few people in my road that I talk to so I can do without those stupid gossips seeing me in a skirt, but its about to happen anyway. They all talk about me enough as it is just because I don't join in their gossip.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Then by all means give them something to talk about! ;)
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

That's true, while they are talking about me then they are not talking about someone else I always say. Time to practice what I preach.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

From what I've read in these forums over time, I've come to the conclusion the UK is pretty tolerant of men wearing skirts. If you won't get arrested for it in the U.S. south, then I'd say you've got NOTHING wot worry about over yonder.

As far as your neighbors go, let 'em talk! But I'd be willing to bet it won't be as bad as you think. I can assure you these demons live only in your head.

I've got strange neighbors too, and I'm sure they talk all the time about "the fa___ot next door/up the road". One attempts to bait me into a confrontation every time I walk by in any one of my flamboyant styles, I won't give in. I don't give a crap about them. As I've often said, they don't know me, I don't know them, I don't owe them anything, nor to the owe me. So if they've got a problem with me... that's just it... it's THEIR problem... NOT MINE! I just walk away smiling, glad that my family tree didn't grow straight up and actually has branches. Glad my teeth aren't rotting out due to all the meth mouth. Glad I don't have a 19 year old wife, of whom I've been married 4 weeks, and already has six kids by six different men. Glad the law doesn't have to make a weekly appearance at my door step. Glad I can legally drive a car because my license has yet to be revoked for not paying my court cost.

Glad I'm not them!

When it comes to being me, I've got a lot to smile about, and I won't let society tear me down to their level just because they hate their lives... and you shouldn't either!

Be happy, be free!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

hairy wrote:My neighbours are all a bunch of narrow minded old people...
Don't let small-minded people run your life because I promise, it won't be much of a life.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:Then by all means give them something to talk about! ;)
You just may be tempted to tell them to go to a warm place, and I don't mean Texas, where the highs right now are 38 degrees C (100 deg. F). Of course that would not be nice. :D

John
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

I'm not doing too bad really, I'm now wearing my skirt to the car, and don't much care who might have seen me.
Today I wore skirt to a formal appointment in our home town, I was early and decided to go for a walk in buzy park. There were some drugged up youths who asked that boring question about what did I have on underneath. I shrugged and told them it would cost to find out, they offered me a joint which I calmy turned down and we all went our different ways. I'd just had my first words about skirting in public, felt very confident and happy with the outcome. Who knows, just maybe one of them might think about trying it too, it all certainly put a smile on my face. I'm fast getting to feel like I could soon be publicly more in skirts than jeans. I don't drink these days but if I did I think I'd even walk into my old bikers pub in skirt.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

hairy wrote:I'm not doing too bad really, I'm now wearing my skirt to the car, and don't much care who might have seen me.
Today I wore skirt to a formal appointment in our home town, I was early and decided to go for a walk in buzy park. There were some drugged up youths who asked that boring question about what did I have on underneath. I shrugged and told them it would cost to find out, they offered me a joint which I calmy turned down and we all went our different ways. I'd just had my first words about skirting in public, felt very confident and happy with the outcome. Who knows, just maybe one of them might think about trying it too, it all certainly put a smile on my face. I'm fast getting to feel like I could soon be publicly more in skirts than jeans. I don't drink these days but if I did I think I'd even walk into my old bikers pub in skirt.
Great progress!

It really is true: People don't care much what you wear.

Plus, you're old enough to pick out your own clothes.

Plus, your demeaner is far more important than your clothes. Be confident, be friendly, smile, greet people, and be yourself. Because, like, who else can you be?

caultron