Its lonely out here

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Its lonely out here

Post by Couya »

Hi, Alastair,
I should have added that I did not think the only skirted men I actually spoke to were weird !!! (you and Greg from Denmark)
skirtyscot wrote:Tut, tut, Martin, you do yourself a disservice. I don't think you're weird in the slightest. Stop talking yourself down!
Thank you. But I am sure other people think so.
Mind you, when I saw a skirted man recently, I didn't speak to him...
Exactly.

Sorry I missed you this summer, by the way.
Martin
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I don't really think skirted men are weird. But that being said, I probably won't run across the room and yell "HEY!!!! I LIKE YOUR SKIRT!!!!" If we're standing pretty close I might say something if he has that "approachable vibe", otherwise it's the usual head nod, "how are ya" and on my way I go....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

If possible, I'd probably walk toward him as if I were going that way anyway, pass close enough for him to notice me, and then just say, "Hi, I like your outfit."

My wife won't be seen in public with me skirted but when we are out together, and I see another guy in a skirt or kilt, I always point him out. This rankles her a bit but not enough to make me stop. The wave keeps chipping away at the rock.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Actually I think all of you are a bit weird. After all if you're going to push the fashion bounderies and fight for the right to express yourself it take a bit of the weird to put up with the naysayers and antognists that will push back. Plus to fight of the demons in your own head takes a bit of weirdness too, especially if you're going to come out victorious in the end. It really the same old same pld attitude that keeps everyone under the thumb of the societal structure that keeps everyone dressing in a certain expected manner and labels those that challenge that "weird". So lets all get weird and wear and what you want and tell society that they can shove it where the sun don't shine and get on with our lives.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

hoborob wrote:Actually I think all of you are a bit weird. After all if you're going to push the fashion bounderies and fight for the right to express yourself it take a bit of the weird to put up with the naysayers and antognists that will push back. Plus to fight of the demons in your own head takes a bit of weirdness too, especially if you're going to come out victorious in the end. It really the same old same pld attitude that keeps everyone under the thumb of the societal structure that keeps everyone dressing in a certain expected manner and labels those that challenge that "weird". So lets all get weird and wear and what you want and tell society that they can shove it where the sun don't shine and get on with our lives.
I agree. How much fun can you have being normal?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

You may see a guy in a skirt/kilt when you least expect it. Last week I was thinking to myself that I hadn't seen another guy skirted (lots of attractive women though :D ) since I saw a guy twice at the farmer's market several months ago. I walked out of the building I work in one lunch hour last week and saw a guy in a black UK walking toward me. It had been a long time since I had seen any male besides me in a skirted garment downtown.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco