Out at supermarket shopping

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Out at supermarket shopping

Post by hairy »

I've come along way with my skirting and not yet had ANY remarks. Yesterday I went Sainsbury's food shopping for the first time. Normally I've stayed at what I would call "safe places" not that supermarkets are not safe but I am slowly getting to go more and more places without remarks. Heck I'm even thinking about my biker pub now. The only one place I find difficult is right outside my own garden, which is because of all the old gossips in my street who add a bit on every time.
Anyway here's a pic, its not one of my better outfits but its my latest skirt and denim don't seem to be my best choice, even worse when my T shirt is almost as long as the skirt. It not a great pic of me
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out at supermarket shopping

Post by hairy »

SECOND TRY with my pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I used to feel the same about wearing a skirt in the neighborhood Than I realized out of all of my neighbors there are only 2 or 3That I care about .They have seen me in a skirt. They haven't commented, but Their attitude hasn't changed and the act the same no matter what I am wearing. I figured screw it . Yesterday I cut my lawn wearing a skirt
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Plain denim skirt about knee length - nobody notices it. I have discovered you can even have a conversation with someone and they don't spot it. It's like you are wearing denim shorts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

hairy wrote:...The only one place I find difficult is right outside my own garden, which is because of all the old gossips in my street who add a bit on every time...
After a while they've all seen you in shops or the grocery store or buying gas anyway. So just do it.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Another step for exercise I go for walks, cant jog too much stress on knees. I walk around the neighborhood. I admit that it was a little towards evening, but tonight I did my 2 mile route in a skirt. said hi to a few people along the way. I don't think half of them even noticed what I was wearing
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

oldsalt1 wrote:Another step for exercise I go for walks, cant jog too much stress on knees. I walk around the neighborhood. I admit that it was a little towards evening, but tonight I did my 2 mile route in a skirt. said hi to a few people along the way. I don't think half of them even noticed what I was wearing
I've been taking 2-mile walks five days a weel and hiking on the other two for three years now, all in skirts or utility kilts, and never received a negative comment.

Outstanding freedom of movement, great ventilation, no chaffing...

And If anything, people accept what you're wearing to exercise even more than they do at any other time.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

your right very comfortable. tonight I will try my longer route.
PalmBoy

Post by PalmBoy »

I often wear a denim skirt to the supermarket, sometimes to HomeDepot. Last week I wore it to the movies and went to a steakhouse bar with my wife. I get uncomfortable at times so I don't always wear it. One woman at the supermarket (a checker) complimented me. I do wear a mini sometimes with a long T shirt so it's not obvious. I love skirts because they are so comfortable. I don't wear underwear but I am very careful about my movements and sitting. I wish skirts could become more the norm for men.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Welcome to Skirtcafe, Palmboy. I prefer the short skirts also when it's hot.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

PalmBoy wrote:....I wish skirts could become more the norm for men.
Welcome, PalmBoy, and don't we all here!

caultron
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Palmboy,
Welcome too, from me.
The simple fact is the more we wear skirts at the most mundane levels the sooner they are likely to be accepted.
Let's face it, in what other universe would you have commented on shopping in trousers?
Still, well done you!
Steve.
PalmBoy

Post by PalmBoy »

Thanks for the welcomes. It's great to hear times and attitudes are changing, albeit slowly. It would be nice if there were a national skirt day for men. Probably silly but heck, they have days for just about everything else. If someone in the fashion industry or a notable celeb would announce something like this it could really help to grease the wheels. Clothing makers could benefit greatly but, I blabber on. Keep the skirts on guys.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Hi Palmboy :D

:welcome:

I STRONGLY recommend NOT going 'commando' wearing a short skirt.
This, with an inadvertent 'flash', could get you accused of all sorts of
'things' that you don't want to have happen. Play it safe :!: Commando
is for Kilts :!: They are heavier, more pleats, don't blow up with a gentle
or light breeze.

Enjoy wearing your skirts & kilts :!: Don't end up some place you don't
want to be because you chose not to wear a "supportive" garment.

If in doubt about a given situation or location, error on the conservative
side, enjoy the event and have peace of mind.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Just wear a straight skirt, Palmboy, and Uncle Al's nightmare scenario will never come to pass.

But do wear something underneath, i.e. a slip. Denim on the derrière is not the most comfortable.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair