Military Style Skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Military Style Skirt

Post by denimini »

The medal decorations don't come cheap:

http://www.farfetch.com/au/shopping/wom ... AU_desktop
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Military Style Skirt

Post by Caultron »

Cool skirt but kinda pricey.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

I like, but not the price, their having a :lol:
Couya
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Couya »

At first glance, it looked like the perfect masculine skirt. But, no.
This is obviously designed for women, who are expected to show off as much thigh as possible while appearing to be quite modestly covered. The open front would be quite unsuitable for a man.

Martin -- who recently bought a short wrap skirt, a knee-length singlet (called a dress!), and a straight mini, supermarket summer sale, at 1/60th the price of the "military skirt".
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

While I like the general concept and detailing, (the buttons, material and construction method) the whole "military" thing rubs me the wrong way, similar to how I feel about "camo" I also agree it's too short and too open at the front for a guy.

I have a knee length skirt with a similar general look that I am trying to modify to fit. Though I think it's just too small and will have to give up on.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Despite women serving in all aspects of the military now, a military look like this still suggests masculinity. And the same style could also suggest a forest ranger or some other outdoorsman.

But I too would appreciate a bit more length and more buttons in the front,

I'm not terribly enthused about all the ribbons and insignia, either, but those are at least removable.

But still, the price, the price....

Perhaps Skirtcraft could do something like this.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

A right no-no for blokes, if you ask me. I prefer to wear my decorations on my chest........which is barely broad enough for all of them! :eye:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Kirbstone wrote:A right no-no for blokes, if you ask me. I prefer to wear my decorations on my chest........which is barely broad enough for all of them!
Actually, the colorful dress insignia and medals don't really go with the skirt, which has more of a combat style, color, and fabric. So I'd limit the decorations to a few olive-and-black patches.

Or maybe there could be a matching shirt, unlikely as that may be since the skirt is being sold as women's wear.

caultron
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

Nice looking garment for sure. But, oh man the price! There are a lot of other things you can buy, including many bottles of single malt Scotch.

John
Last edited by JohnH on Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

I've bought automobiles for less!

As the great PT said, "There's one born every minute."
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Roger that on the price. Perhaps someone will come up with a knock-off for 90-95% less, a little longer, and more buttons down the front.

caultron
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Mighty cool! I'd like it to have a bit more flare. But still... mighty cool! 8)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

If you'll notice one pocket is lower than the other to accommodate the military decorations so they are an integral part of the skirt. I don't like the quilted lower hem - it looks like a later add-on. And of course the price ....
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I do like the overall look of it but with buttons like that on the front and the raised rear hemline, one would have to be doubly careful cleaning a car windscreen.
I think the button up front is fake because of the double stitching visible, although I quite like the mini cannon ball buttons.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
kiltman12

Post by kiltman12 »

Nice addition to the blessed kilt....
~~Kiltman