Fashion show pic

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Fashion show pic

Post by skirtpettiman »

This is taken from the Kolor range for 2015. The model is wearing a skirt and... has a lace edged petticoat showing under the hem! Strangely enough I don't think it looks too femme but I'm not sure if this will catch on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Fashion show pic

Post by crfriend »

skirtpettiman wrote:This is taken from the Kolor range for 2015. The model is wearing a skirt and... has a lace edged petticoat showing under the hem! Strangely enough I don't think it looks too femme but I'm not sure if this will catch on.
The poor chap in question looks dejected, dishevelled, and depressed. With "practitioners of the art" looking like that, why would it catch on?

I'd say that image is a good advertisement as to how not to look in a skirt.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

crfriend wrote:
skirtpettiman wrote:This is taken from the Kolor range for 2015. The model is wearing a skirt and... has a lace edged petticoat showing under the hem! Strangely enough I don't think it looks too femme but I'm not sure if this will catch on.
The poor chap in question looks dejected, dishevelled, and depressed. With "practitioners of the art" looking like that, why would it catch on?

I'd say that image is a good advertisement as to how not to look in a skirt.
i agree. Why would you not want the people modeling your clothing line to look as if they were happy to be wearing it?
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

dillon wrote:...Why would you not want the people modeling your clothing line to look as if they were happy to be wearing it?
Apparently, designers feel that smiling faces draw attention away from the clothes.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

In my opinion the designers are the fools that are the reason the style doesn't make it out into the street. If the models don't look as if they are enjoying wearing the clothing the impression is that they are being forced into them and they don't like it at all. It's sorta like the commercials that say they are messages from real people but the dialog is so legalistic that you know its a script. Real people don't look or talk that way. If you are really attempting to market a look to real people then let it look like real people are wearing them.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

If you watch a lot of the TV fashion shows the women seem to smile a lot more than the men. :D If the model looks like he or she was forced to wear the designers clothes I would not even bother to buy it.

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I recall a comment that fashion designers indulge in a form of art. Model + outfit = art.

(Which would explain the "unisex" fad)
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

hoborob wrote:...If you are really attempting to market a look to real people then let it look like real people are wearing them.
They are not.

Haute couture sells to people who can afford to pay thousands of dollars for a garment with the main purpose of showing others they can afford to do so. And the designs eventually sold are seldom straight off the runway.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Yes, I would have a facial expression like that if I had paid full price.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

It's too much top for too little bottom.

As a matter of personal taste, I think closer, shorter skin hugging tops work good with skirts, especially smaller skirts like the one featured in this thread. The top here is too baggy.

As another avenue of men's fashion freedom- like women we should not be afraid to show off our curves! :P
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Over all the years that I have looked at mens fashions shows I cant think of a case where the fashion shown on the stage ever makes it into the stores on main street. These days mens fashion evolves real slow compared to what it did in the 1960's-70's

:ugeek:
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

On the other hand, if you look at a women's catalog (e.g. WomanWithin) you see the models having ecstaticly happy expressions on their faces. I guess that helps to sell clothes.

John
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

JohnH wrote:On the other hand, if you look at a women's catalog (e.g. WomanWithin) you see the models having ecstaticly happy expressions on their faces. I guess that helps to sell clothes.

John
You're right! And now I've figured out the difference. The skinny, pale, dour models just have low blood sugar from starving themselves. A good pizza and maybe some cheesecake, and they'd be smiling too! I CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...