Driving in a skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Driving in a skirt

Post by Tackleberry »

Ok I can get into a car ok but how do you get a out of it gracefully? :lol: :lol:
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Driving in a skirt

Post by Caultron »

Tackleberry wrote:Ok I can get into a car ok but how do you get a out of it gracefully? :lol: :lol:
Feet first, knees together.

Use the car door as a shield.

Don't be afraid to pull down your hem either while getting out or standing upright, as needed.

With skirts above knee length, wear protection.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Caultron wrote:
Tackleberry wrote:Ok I can get into a car ok but how do you get a out of it gracefully? :lol: :lol:
Feet first, knees together.

Use the car door as a shield.

Don't be afraid to pull down your hem either while getting out or standing upright, as needed.

With skirts above knee length, wear protection.
(sighs) odd use of contraception but I will give it a go... The things we do for mini skirts :roll:

even with knee length pencil skirts I wear underwear, but swivel out of the car with knees together but to be honest I don't worry too much about it. Dark tights plus dark panties means there's not much to see anyway. People would be more interested in the skirt than in any "wardrobe malfunctions" :)

Getting out of a truck I have never had to do. I would have to hitch up my pencil skirt to my thighs so I can open my legs enough to climb in and out without tearing the slit at the back, not a flattering image, so I would stick to trousers in that regard.

There are YouTube videos on the best way to get out of a car whilst in a skirt. Don't wear contrasting underwear, (white panties black skirt for instance) which would help
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

When I get into a car I do it the same way as I have always done it. One leg in and then sit and bring the other leg in. Getting out is just the opposite. :) I do use the door as a shield since I also use it to help in getting in and out. My skirts are all knee length and not pencil skirts so plenty of room to be able to move around. :eh: I do not worry about the occasional glimpse of panty no matter what color. If some one wanted to be that nosy let them have their fun. :hide: :rofl: :hide:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

The (rear) door hinges at the back, of course and James the chauffeur equips himself with an umbrella which he opens and holds at waist level having opened the door, so One can easily step out onto the red carpet how One will.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

my difficulty is some skirts have no stretch. my denim one does not. my legs move so far and it's like hitting a wall. they just stop!
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Bamaskirting wrote:my difficulty is some skirts have no stretch. my denim one does not. my legs move so far and it's like hitting a wall. they just stop!
Rotate toward the door, put down one foot, swing out and put down the other, check your hem, and stand up.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

This was covered in a set of posts just a few days ago. Start here:
http://www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtop ... 40#p158340

Here's the direct link to the Youtube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI9AgAaOQEQ
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I have been in and out of a car a lot in a mini skirt and with a front hinged door I have always felt completely comfortable that modesty is preserved. The action is so fast that one would need a special camera to capture any overexposure. I do make sure the hem is pulled down at the back before turning to close the door, especially when sliding off the old Land-Rover seat. I don't use the Landy much but if my skirt gets caught on the metal seat frame it can be hiked up to waist level, which isn't graceful but at least it won't let you stray far like that .
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Franinskirts wrote:When I get into a car I do it the same way as I have always done it. One leg in and then sit and bring the other leg in. Getting out is just the opposite. :) I do use the door as a shield since I also use it to help in getting in and out. My skirts are all knee length and not pencil skirts so plenty of room to be able to move around. :eh: I do not worry about the occasional glimpse of panty no matter what color. If some one wanted to be that nosy let them have their fun. :hide: :rofl: :hide:

Fred :kiltdance:
I do exactly the same thing - even in minis (always wearing underwear) - for that split second, there might be glimpse of "something" but so what I say :lol:
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

It all depends on the skirt type. If the hem is snug, or it's a pencil or maxi, I have learned how to sit first then swing my legs in, for the sake of the garment and my comfort, so I don't have to readjust after being seated behind the wheel. For stretchy or loose fitting skirts, I probably enter a car as I would in trousers. For most skirts, I do try to get the length smoothed down in back, before sitting, to cover my legs and backside better.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Caultron wrote:
Bamaskirting wrote:my difficulty is some skirts have no stretch. my denim one does not. my legs move so far and it's like hitting a wall. they just stop!
Rotate toward the door, put down one foot, swing out and put down the other, check your hem, and stand up.
If in a kilt, straighten out the front aprons. The aprons give you enough modesty to allow you in and out of a car. When I am in a regular denim pencil skirt, I don't worry about flashing as wearing a skirt naturally puts you at risk of a little unintentional exposure, most women deal with it so I'm sure we can take it in our stride like they do. I check the hem and pull my skirt down if it's ridden or hitched up a little whilst seated, if in a formal skirt i hope the material doesn't crease too much where the slit at the back of the skirt is. :oops:

Most people are more fascinated with the skirt rather than what's up it :wink: