My First Mini - My OH Reaction "OMG it's Ugly"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: My First Mini - My OH Reaction "OMG it's Ugly"

Post by Fred in Skirts »

To thine own-self be true!! Be who you are not some one that others want you to be. I wear skirts all of the time at home and when I am out into the wilds of the towns and cities. I do not worry about what others think or say and neither should you. Enjoy your skirts for all your worth! I do!

See my sig at the bottom.

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

While I do hate to agree with your wife regarding your legs, ultimately I say "IT DOESN'T MATTER. What matters is that skirting makes you happy. Our lives are simply too short to live them in a way that never offends others. If they don't like what they see, let them stop looking. Anyway, I live in the white-trash south; I see 300 lb women in stretch pants when I go to WalMart. If they are oblivious to their own appearance, why should you worry about ugly knees?
Last edited by dillon on Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
mikel

Post by mikel »

Its taken about 5 years to get comfortable wearing skirts in our neighborhood and having the acceptance from wife and children. Yes it's very important for to have my wife's acceptance. When she realized that I wasn't a transvestite or thinking of a sex change the issue was a no brainier. A skirt was just another article of clothing.! It also helped that we moved from Rhode Island to New Hampshire. The people here are wonderful and very accepting. If you are an outdoor type or hard working they accept you with open arms. The same can not be said for Rhode Island.
I can still be comfortable wearing a mini just have to wear tights. No big deal! I like skirt outfits that are coordinated. Often my wife has good advice. A skater skirt just exposes too much. Since I'm an avid hiker, my companion behind me will see everything while I'm hiking uphill.
Cheers
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

Hi Mikel,
the skirt looks great if you want to show off your legs. The only problem you might have is when sitting down. I have a denim skirt a couple inches longer that still is a bit revealing when sitting down. Kilts (or mini kilts) have the advantage of the front apron that folds and covers the gap when sitting down.

Tes
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Your skirt looks great! I have one this length, don't worry about any view when you sit in your skirt, cross your legs and don't worry about it. That's what I do anyway :wink:
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Pdx, where do you get the idea that only if you shave your legs will the tights stay up. I have NEVER shave my legs and the only times my tights have descended is if the elastic at the top snaps. In which case as a temporary measure I tuck the top of the tights all the way around into the top of my underwear. Voila.

As regarding the skirt I think a wider hem and tights to smooth out the profile of the legs. But if YOH is tolerant of your other skirts then certainly listen to her as she has your best interests at heart and is probably trying to be honest. But it's your call.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Wearing a miniskirt can be a damn tricky thing, even for women, and I've seen more than a few ladies who should NEVER wear them. That said, Mikel, you looked nice to me, just keep on working on the sort of look you want to present and public and do your best to achieve that look. Here's a couple of examples of where I walked the walk when it came to wearing miniskirts on past outings. The blue denim is a 15 incher, the black is 16 inches.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.