skirt at dunkin doughnuts and free coffee

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

skirt at dunkin doughnuts and free coffee

Post by Bamaskirting »

I'm definitely not accustomed to getting free stuff when I go into businesses. today, I had to deliver some Adirondack chairs across the bay from where I live. I figured it would be much more comfortable wearing a skater mini skirt. on the way home, I stopped by dunkin doughnuts. I went to pay for my coffee and the lady told me not to worry about it. I can't help but to wonder if it was because of my skirt.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: skirt at dunkin doughnuts and free coffee

Post by Caultron »

Bamaskirting wrote:I'm definitely not accustomed to getting free stuff when I go into businesses. today, I had to deliver some Adirondack chairs across the bay from where I live. I figured it would be much more comfortable wearing a skater mini skirt. on the way home, I stopped by dunkin doughnuts. I went to pay for my coffee and the lady told me not to worry about it. I can't help but to wonder if it was because of my skirt.
Hard to say, but interesting things do tend to happen when you're wearing a skirt.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

WOW! I am jealous I am often in the local DD and in my skirts at that and have never received free anything!! :x

Maybe I should ask the next time I go in. :rofl:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

Franinskirts wrote:WOW! I am jealous I am often in the local DD and in my skirts at that and have never received free anything!! :x

Maybe I should ask the next time I go in. :rofl:

Fred :kiltdance:
yeah it's wierd. it probably didn't have anything to do with skirt. I'd like to believe it did. sure was a blessing. I really didn't have the money to spend on coffee!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

No free stuff, but I have noticed more attentive service from my bank if I visit it skirted.
They don't know me on a personal basis, most transactions are electronic these days, so branch visits are very rare.
I reckon that they assume that I am a test/mystery shopper and treat me accordingly.
I will not try to "milk" that because it would devalue any attempt I make to simply be a guy in a skirt, no better no worse than any other customer!
A free coffee and doughnut, I'd accept!
Steve.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

I especially like going to the bank skirted. I always found it annoying to have to show ID when depositing funds to my accounts.

Now that I've been wearing skirts for a while, they no longer ask for my ID - they seem to recognize me on sight. :mrgreen:

Got a skort that's apparently a skater skirt with the shorts being a wicking material to remove moisture from the skin, love wearing it and plan to do my first 5K in it. :P
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Here in Australia the Banks never asks for ID if you deposit money. Recently in the Bank I was wearing a maxi skirt with a Puffer type jacket, the teller noticed and asked about the jacket but no mention of the skirt!

John
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

Did you have any pockets? to carry money?
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

When you said Maxi skirt and jacket I said gee you must be hot Than I realized that it is winter where you are. I question we some times refer to Australia as Down Under. Is that ok to say. I have always wanted to visit Australia. Its on the top of my bucket list.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

I'm on a quest for a silky, red, long-sleeved blouse so I went back to the resale shop where I had gotten my Valentine's Day dress. This time in my red, Columbia Sportswear skirt. The manager immediately said, "Hi there, haven't seen you in awhile!" So yes, our skirts, or even just buying one, makes us memorable, and usually in a good way.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Yes, Down Under is fine, because we are, It was about 10C that day with a southern wind almost gale coming of the Southern Ocean, it was cold!

John
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Stay warm. and yesterday we were complaining about the heat.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:I'm on a quest for a silky, red, long-sleeved blouse so I went back to the resale shop where I had gotten my Valentine's Day dress. This time in my red, Columbia Sportswear skirt. The manager immediately said, "Hi there, haven't seen you in awhile!" So yes, our skirts, or even just buying one, makes us memorable, and usually in a good way.
Yes, that happens. A few weeks ago I was driving with some fellow hiking club members to northern Arizona for a hike. We stopped to use the washroom at a McDonalds and as I was leaving, a man approached me and stated, "I remember you! We met on the trail about a year and a half ago!" It took me a moment to recognize him but then I did and we had a nice little conversation.

Another club member observed all this and was amazed. He remarked, "So that guy remembers you after a year and a half? That's amazing!"

Score another point for hiking unbifurcated.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

yes! I tried buying a beer after hours in a skirt. didn't work. no sale