Pants Throwing and Menskirts Fashion Show

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
alsachti

Pants Throwing and Menskirts Fashion Show

Post by alsachti »

The video of the event in Strasbourg : https://youtu.be/CrgAPuf2O50

Atlantic City 1968: a group of feminists symbolically threw bras into a "Freedom Trash Can."
Strasbourg 2016: HEJ pay them tribute by throwing pants, to protest against the uniformity and lack of imagination and of comfort of men's fashion.
Orange Apple
Distinguished Member

Re: Pants Throwing and Menskirts Fashion Show

Post by Orange Apple »

Are we ready to do this in the US?
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Orange Apple wrote:Are we ready to do this in the US?
Sure, if we can get enough of us together and then get media coverage.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Orange Apple
Distinguished Member

Post by Orange Apple »

Caultron wrote:
Orange Apple wrote:Are we ready to do this in the US?
Sure, if we can get enough of us together and then get media coverage.
Serious question: This event appears to have been sponsored by an organization of skirt-wearing men. Is there anything like that in the US?
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Orange Apple wrote:Serious question: This event appears to have been sponsored by an organization of skirt-wearing men. Is there anything like that in the US?
Not that I've heard of.

There are some small local organizations (usually Celtic) and some Facebook groups and some other sites but nothing really national.

We remain an emerging micro-trend.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Orange Apple
Distinguished Member

Post by Orange Apple »

Caultron wrote:
Orange Apple wrote:Serious question: This event appears to have been sponsored by an organization of skirt-wearing men. Is there anything like that in the US?
Not that I've heard of.

There are some small local organizations (usually Celtic) and some Facebook groups and some other sites but nothing really national.

We remain an emerging micro-trend.
My experience matches yours. I had hoped I had missed something.

Well, recent trends have proven that society CAN change. I'm thinking about things like the almost instantaneous (in societal terms) cessation of smoking the the office environment, people in the US waking up to what actual coffee and beer are, and even the changes in attitudes towards gender. I'm not holding my breath for this to happen for men's clothing trends, but it could. I'm doing my part . . .
finrod
Distinguished Member

Post by finrod »

There's this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LetMenWearSkirts

The guy who runs it has organized Man-Skirt Metro Rides in Los Angeles for the past three years.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

It'd be cool to have some sort of national orginazation to promote men's skirt-wearing, with activities and press releases. Like, it could designate a Skirts-For-Men day, or week, or weekend. There could be a national convention, perhaps during New York's fashion week, with speakers and vendors and so forth. Groups of skirt-wearing men would congregate in high-visibility areas of the city, preferably with media coverage, and stage pants-burnings or make public speeches or hand out leaflets or just mill about.

But of course if only three or four people show up the effect is lost.

caultron