Is this the right site for me or not

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Is this the right site for me or not

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote:BTW I currently have long hair and have had most of my life but at 62 I have had it proved that the ravages of time are taking their toll. Even though I war a pony tail most of the time there is an ever increasing area of pate appearing and the pony tail has got rather thin over the past year or so. So I have made the decision that before I go to Jamaica next week I am going to have it all off although whether I will go completely bald or just a very short stubble I will make on the day. I will naturally get before and after photos. I am actually more nervous of this than I ever am about wearing a skirt outside.

Don't worry or be nervous about getting your hair cut to just very short stubble. :D I too had to make a decision about cutting my hair short or leaving it long and balding. I decided when I got into the chair and told ol'e Sweeny to take it down to high and very tight. :think: I have never regretted that at all. I now have it cut to very short stubble every time. Easier to care for and it looks good as well.

Fred :kiltdance:

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thanks for that Fred, that makes me feel better although after a lifetime's long hair it will be a drastic move for me. I have plenty of people around me with stubble so I have support. MOH has often commented on my having long hair as if it is a female characteristic and one more item to my looking female. So if I have one less characteristic then it's one less argument on her part and I hope a bit towards acceptance, I wish. I haven't any particular vanity about hair but I think it's just the unfamiliar and once it's done, it's done.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Dennis,

Just remember - If you don't like 'the cut' it will always
grow back :) B.T.D.T. ;)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Well, some of it anyway.

Thanks Uncle Al for that reassuring thought. I'll probably be retired by the time it gets back to this length. I do have a wig or two that I could wear - but they are of the plastic dress up type ones so they may not exactly look natural. Not sure if my employers would appreciate a long purple wig. I'm sure I will get used to it - but it's one of the few signs that I'm not so young any more. And I'm proud of the fact that I don't have a grey hair in my head. A colleague at work asked me once if I dyed it. I said in an offended voice that I didn't - it died all on its own. Then I explained that I wouldn't dream of dyeing my hair - only blue or purple or ....

Just a thought, as we're off to Jamaica next week I'll have to remember to wear a hat at all times or my head may be one of the few places that will need sun cream. :lol:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Orange Apple
Distinguished Member

Post by Orange Apple »

Sinned wrote: Just a thought, as we're off to Jamaica next week I'll have to remember to wear a hat at all times or my head may be one of the few places that will need sun cream. :lol:
Seriously, wear the hat. I just had some abnormal skin removed from the top of my head where my hair is thinning because I forgot to wear the hat.
Judah14
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Judah14 »

Sinned wrote: Then I explained that I wouldn't dream of dyeing my hair - only blue or purple or ....
Blue hair? Sure, why not? :lol:
らき☆
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

Dennis I'm the same, at one point my hair was over a meter long but gone very thin now and I had losing it. Last week my wife had a should operation so because she would not be able to help me with it for a couple of months we've had to cut it to around a foot long/short. At least I've still got me beard, all beard no hair. Male baldness hey it gets us all in the end.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

I've never had really long hair, for a while it hovered around collar length, but that was decades ago.

I went for a very short cut about 25-30 years ago, when the male pattern baldness started creeping in. It was very Phil Collins at the time. About 8 years ago, I was persuaded to try shaving it all off. I found it actually made me look younger, so I kept it like that. These days I do shave it, but not every day, and have sometimes gone a week between shavings. Like that, it shows my age more, but it's not a problem.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

yes this site is for you as long as you're not going out presenting as a female. a lot of my skirts are more feminine but I wear them with band tshirts. I want better shoes and heels but settling for vans at moment. lots of great guys here. check out skirtsdad's pictures. he wears some wild stuff. if it fits you and makes you happy, wear it!