Too hot for trousers

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Regular Guy

Too hot for trousers

Post by Regular Guy »

Well the warm temps are here for the summer. The 90's (30C).

Wife and I just returned from a week long ride on the motorbike. An entire week with jeans and protective gear. And with that came the discomfort of the heat. I even made mention that a skirt sure would be a lot cooler, albeit not practical. So, when we got back home today, it took each of us about 5 minutes to lose that hot stuffy gear. I opted for a 16 inch chino skirt. Whew, finally a bit of air circulating. Unless I am out and about on the bike, its nothing but skirts in this weather. In fact just purchased a seersucker skirt and a madras in lightweight fabrics off ebay.

Im not complaining bout the heat, its just nice to exercise the option of a skirt and enjoying being unconfined and encased in leg covering.

RG
Just a ......‘Regular Guy’ .......Kilted or Skirted
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Too hot for trousers

Post by Darryl »

Low to mid-90's here, but it needed to be done.

I cut the grass. Wearing a white "Wilson" blue-collared tennis shirt and a white "patchwork" pencil skirt from Lane Bryant (with....pockets and belt loops).

A few cars slowed down and enjoyed the view as they passed while I was in the front yard.

Hopefully it won't rain and I'll do it again Friday or Saturday and it'll be down to where I can manage it a little easier.

Usually I wear my black mini or a black athletic skort...I wore 'dress whites' enough while in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club, but they do have uses in tropical weather. And this skirt was way better than white pants as far as comfort, freedom and cool breezes went. :)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Well the temps here have hot the 100+ degree mark at least twice so far this week. :cussing: And forecast isn't any better. With the humidity at around 60% the heat index was hitting 112 to 117 degrees. :cussing: :thumbdown: Definitely Skirt weather and I am wearing mine. :thumright: :thumright:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

Here in the UK its still a bit on the cool side but we have had a few warmer days. Now I know there are many risks but riding my motorbike in the heat is no great fun so several times already this summer I've been out on my 1200cca 600cc bikes while wearing my mini skirts,It felt great to have such freedom. I used to stay around the country lanes so no one would see me but at last I've shaken fear off. I have slender legs which could be mistaken for female so I have many times had men in cars follow me quite some way, but don't know what they must think when they eventually notice my bikers beard sticking out below the crash helmet. As I say I know the risks if I was to come off but I take the greatest care and I have been constantly biking for 43 years now.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

hairy wrote:Here in the UK its still a bit on the cool side but we have had a few warmer days. Now I know there are many risks but riding my motorbike in the heat is no great fun so several times already this summer I've been out on my 1200cca 600cc bikes while wearing my mini skirts,It felt great to have such freedom. I used to stay around the country lanes so no one would see me but at last I've shaken fear off. I have slender legs which could be mistaken for female so I have many times had men in cars follow me quite some way, but don't know what they must think when they eventually notice my bikers beard sticking out below the crash helmet. As I say I know the risks if I was to come off but I take the greatest care and I have been constantly biking for 43 years now.
Fantastic. Would love to be a fly on the car window of the followers if they do spot your beard but they are probably oggling at the skirt and legs to notice! I should say a fly on the inside not the outside of the windscreen!

UK weather is cooler than that over the pond but theirs is too hot for me even in a skirt. currently 16C at 7.30pm at 1100 ft above sea level on a latitude near to the south shores of Hudson Bay on top of a hill enjoying an 18 mile East West view over the valley. Wifi just reaching the laptop!

21/22 my ideal temperature but temperature doesn't dictate skirts for me. Wear them all year, wind, rain, snow, sun. Depths of winter will put on tights but I'm looking early December then off as soon as I can usually late March.

In the meantime enjoying the lighter summer skirts with good air conditioning, baggy tops and sandals even at 16C. I look at the men in fitted shirts, trousers, socks, shoes and say each to their own.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I was on delivery today at work, that is taking the delivery and putting the stuff on the shop floor. Mostly heavyish stuff, pillows, quilts, bedding and at one stage I was sweating even on my legs. Oh how I wished that I could have been skirted. It was too hot for trousers today.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.