Went for a little walk

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Went for a little walk

Post by Tackleberry »

I know that this has been done to death on here but anyway!!!
I thought whilst I was out doing a bit of shopping I'd stop by a woodland walk area close to home on the way back and change into a just above the knee denim skirt, all went well until a saw a dog walker and I quickly went back another way :oops:
I know it's not the end of the world and he wouldn't have probably even noticed... :oops: :oops:
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Went for a little walk

Post by dillon »

My wife and I were walking yesterday evening about an hour before sunset. I was in a tee shirt and short white tennis skort. I think about everyone in my large neighborhood has seen me out skirted now, and most are retired or active-duty military. I don't know or much care what they think.

It gets easier, and age is a bit of an advantage, as your social concerns tend to diminish. Too, perhaps, with age, testicles, like arteries, tend to harden?
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

You will get used to going on woodland walks, Its something that I now do quite a lot with just t shirt and a mini. It used to be that I would not be seen out wearing a skirt unless my wife was with me but now I park up my motorbike, change into my skirt and off on nice relaxing walk I go. No longer worried about anyone seeing me because its got nothing to do with anyone what I wear. I'm now much more relaxed, happy and getting plenty of exercise for my bad hip.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

I remember once that happened to me a few years ago. A short evening walk through the local park in a light blue stonewashed denim pencil skirt (what girls used to wear in the 90s so quite dated), saw a woman walking towards me, she looked me up and down, rolled her eyes :roll: and carried on... didn't say anything, perhaps she was disgusted with my outdated skirt... by then it was 2007 :wink: my heart was beating fast, so I quickened my pace and headed home. There was no real obvious reactions but it was like the sky was going to fall in :shock: but I learnt from it, went and bought a more current denim skirt (Indigo midi), went on the same walk a few days later and no reactions :) I figure that as what the previous poster says, what I wear is no one else's business :twisted:
Last edited by Kilty on Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Reminds me of a conversation I had a couple of weeks ago with a lady who said she always hikes in a skirt becaue its cooler and more comfortable. She couldn't understand why more people (including men) don't wear skirts while hiking. I suppose there's tics and the possibility of Lyme disease to consider :(
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

You're all right, it's only clothing and shouldn't care what people think :oops:
image.jpeg
That's the skirt I was wearing yesterday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Charlie wrote:I suppose there's tics and the possibility of Lyme disease to consider :(
Another nice thing about skirts is that it's quite easy to shake ticks and other vermin out of them and astonishingly easy to check of you've got anything crawling up your leg. I'd call both of those points advantages.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Good skirt for a hike. In that combo, I don't think anyone would give your clothing a second thought. The feeling of freedom, personal, physical and social, is worth the initial mental discomfort, IMO. Good going!
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

In your OP the only thing I would have concern about is if the dog and his owner were in ATTACK MODE with all that nice juicy skin to sink the fangs into !
Naw if I was the dog walker I would have gone the other direction rather than have a chance encounter with a dog sniffing upskirt incident ! LOL !
Certainly dogs have more intelligence than the owners regarding the wearing of clothes - except for a collar they are prancing around buck naked ALL THE TIME !
So on that next walk don't let these minor interruptions-intersections alter your mission to skirted adventure !
Yes I was once in that quandary when starting to wear a skirt in public but it did help to start the introduction with a KILT to break-the-ice and be more at ease
in the discussion of men wearing skirts (kilts) !
So on that next went for a little walk go eyeball to eyeball in the encounter - don't look down at the skirt or kilt as if "Guilty as charged" !
You will find the situation interesting and even more so as the conversation tends to avoid discussion of the below waist gear or very interestingly compliments
about the gear and if you are out and about to an event or party. I like it I like what got you started - and remember to tell'em how comfortable the skirt is !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

HA ha, out with wife today in my mini, I was getting plenty of looks, the silent sideway looks and those behind the back comments, but did I care no not one bit. The only moment I felt a little concerned was when a dog off it leash came up to us I became really worried in case of a possible skirt sniffing incident, but in the end the dog walked off and my modesty was intact. I had a good afternoon out and probably gave loads of people plenty to talk about at there tea table tonight.
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Going out and about as a man in a skirt some will look, most do not. Some will talk to me, some don't. When I thought about it, it was no different to when I wore trousers. Some people do look at others as a matter of course, some you think are looking at you and are not. Some will look at others regularly or all the time just because they think they are different even odd for a variety of reasons.

As has been said on this thread it is no business of theirs what you choose to wear. As I say regularly, who asks you if you are happy with their appearance.

Walk about in your choice of clothing with confidence and style. If you look unconfident attention is drawn to yourself. I go everywhere in a skirt, top, cardigan and scarf all labelled as womens wear by society except if the situation makes trousers more practical. As has been said, you will have given them something to talk about. I firmly believe in that situation you have brightened up some ones dull and boring life.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Tackleberry wrote:I know that this has been done to death on here but anyway!!!
I thought whilst I was out doing a bit of shopping I'd stop by a woodland walk area close to home on the way back and change into a just above the knee denim skirt, all went well until a saw a dog walker and I quickly went back another way.
I know it's not the end of the world and he wouldn't have probably even noticed.
The important aspect here is that no worlds ended, no one got beaten up, and your sanity is intact (at least to the level before your woodland walk).

In short, someone saw you and nothing happened. This is the pattern, and you should try it more and more often. Just relax and act as if you were wearing any other garment.

That denim skirt is pretty conventional-looking, BTW, and you look fine in it.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

I dropped my girlfriend off at the station and decided to go for a walk and not care if I got seen or not :wink:
As it happens nobody was around anyway :oops:
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Tackleberry wrote:I dropped my girlfriend off at the station and decided to go for a walk and not care if I got seen or not :wink:
As it happens nobody was around anyway
Keep up the not caring if anyone sees you. Looks fine, but maybe too tight around the knees for what I like. I take big steps and don't want to change for the sake of clothing.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

Jim wrote:
Tackleberry wrote:I dropped my girlfriend off at the station and decided to go for a walk and not care if I got seen or not :wink:
As it happens nobody was around anyway
Keep up the not caring if anyone sees you. Looks fine, but maybe too tight around the knees for what I like. I take big steps and don't want to change for the sake of clothing.
Not as tight as it looks :wink: