I'm busted!

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirtedMarine
Distinguished Member

I'm busted!

Post by skirtedMarine »

I'm busted!
I was awakened by my Golden Retriever, at about 2:30
I love this dog , Even though She sleeps all day, She gets free health care, free food, and She doesn't work... (I think She is a Democrat!) (They would let her vote!)
I can't do anything to punish her, She's a great dog!
I live in a condominium, my wife is quite against my skirt wearing, ( Some of you might remember "Church Lady on SNL...Yes, I do believe It could be SATAN!"...
So I walk out at 2:30 in the morning, figure No one is up ,
The dog needs to pee, i get out to my van, drop my cargo shorts, pull on a skirt, and a neighbor comes out of his car... I figured what the F ....If he noticed, He cant cancel Christmas, not like He's going to shave my head and send me back to Okinawa...!
So I kept walking with my dog, to the grass where She does her buisness, and a car pulled into the parking lot,
F... , I said , This is too much! I'm so Busted! To my relief, it was a couple of dykes I'd had beers with, and mentioned "Honestly , sometimes, i just pull on a skirt when no one is looking , it just makes more sence for the male anatomy " ... Surprisingly, no one said anything, went to their perspective boxes... (apartments)
And the world keeps turning...
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I'm busted!

Post by Gusto10 »

most important thing, did you enjoy the walk?
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

And so it begins.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

We all have that moment when our heart is pounding when meeting a neighbour for the first time whilst skirted. I was wearing a formal pencil skirt with tights (a long calf length), whilst going to the communal bins to put out the trash when a neighbour asked about why I was dressed like I was. :roll:
skirtedMarine
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedMarine »

Gusto10 wrote:most important thing, did you enjoy the walk?
Yep, Seems people dont really care, amd dogs care less! :lol:
skirtedMarine
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedMarine »

kilty wrote:We all have that moment when our heart is pounding when meeting a neighbour for the first time whilst skirted. I was wearing a formal pencil skirt with tights (a long calf length), whilst going to the communal bins to put out the trash when a neighbour asked about why I was dressed like I was. :roll:
And how did you answer?
"MY PANTS ARE IN THE LAUNDRY "
I'M MAKING A STAND FOR WOMENS RIGHTS!"
YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING" LETS ALL HOPE THAT MEN WEARING SKIRTS WILL CONTINUE TO BE A" NON EVENT!" :)
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

skirtedMarine wrote:
kilty wrote:We all have that moment when our heart is pounding when meeting a neighbour for the first time whilst skirted. I was wearing a formal pencil skirt with tights (a long calf length), whilst going to the communal bins to put out the trash when a neighbour asked about why I was dressed like I was. :roll:
And how did you answer?
"MY PANTS ARE IN THE LAUNDRY "
I'M MAKING A STAND FOR WOMENS RIGHTS!"
YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING" LETS ALL HOPE THAT MEN WEARING SKIRTS WILL CONTINUE TO BE A" NON EVENT!" :)
I just spoke to her as normal, said how the weather had gotten cooler, (weather is a failsafe British subject to talk about :lol: ) so I have to get some thicker tights (they were actually thigh high stockings which were a light denier) and I was going to change my skirt as I had worn it the day before. She asked where i bought it, and I mentioned Simon Jersey which is a corporate retailer in the UK, but you have to pounce if you see one on ebay as they disappear quick!

By then, another bloke had come out, to go to his car, he saw me, asked why the skirt and I said it's comfy but I was going to change it for a denim one and put on thicker tights which I think took him by surprise :shock: but at least the cat was out of the bag (just an expression, we don't advocate animal cruelty in the UK :roll: ) so I left and walked back to my apartment, with a little swing in my hips and a smile on my face. There has been more acceptance of LGBT and trans people so perhaps that's why the skirt was not such a big deal. I have a few knee-length denim pencil skirts which are quite 'invisible' and rarely attract comments. The first skirt I had on was a little tight and clung to my bum with a high slit so perhaps that and the stockings got their attention :mrgreen:

I avoid the cliché as men might embrace fashion freedom if it's not so forced upon them. I do sometimes say I didn't feel like trousers but most times just try to act like it's totally normal which gets them questioning themselves :lol:
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

skirtedMarine wrote:I'm busted!
I was awakened by my Golden Retriever, at about 2:30
I love this dog , Even though She sleeps all day, She gets free health care, free food, and She doesn't work... (I think She is a Democrat!) (They would let her vote!)
I can't do anything to punish her, She's a great dog!
I live in a condominium, my wife is quite against my skirt wearing, ( Some of you might remember "Church Lady on SNL...Yes, I do believe It could be SATAN!"...
So I walk out at 2:30 in the morning, figure No one is up ,
The dog needs to pee, i get out to my van, drop my cargo shorts, pull on a skirt, and a neighbor comes out of his car... I figured what the F ....If he noticed, He cant cancel Christmas, not like He's going to shave my head and send me back to Okinawa...!
So I kept walking with my dog, to the grass where She does her buisness, and a car pulled into the parking lot,
F... , I said , This is too much! I'm so Busted! To my relief, it was a couple of dykes I'd had beers with, and mentioned "Honestly , sometimes, i just pull on a skirt when no one is looking , it just makes more sence for the male anatomy " ... Surprisingly, no one said anything, went to their perspective boxes... (apartments)
And the world keeps turning...
post a picture of the skirt if you can, let us see what we're dealing with :!: I generally avoid any thing too sexy like a bodycon or really short mini, but also nothing too feminine either. Bias cut skirts are nice and I used to wear kilts hence the name but that leads to the conversation about what clan I'm from, where's the bagpipes etc :roll: in a pencil skirt no one says much :mrgreen:
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Cherish these moments!
I sort of miss that adrenaline rush now that the locals are familiar with my mini skirt wearing and I don't worry at all elsewhere.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I'm pretty sure there's a corollary of Murphy's Law at work in these situations, something to do with the Boldness:Humbleness Ratio; the Icarus rule: the higher one soars, the more inevitably and invariably shall one also crash and burn. The moment when you first step out expecting to see no one, is the moment at which you will run into an acquaintance who will have the most extensive gossip network.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
robert
Distinguished Member

Post by robert »

I have been busted a few times. Even though many people knows I like skirts and dresses I am not open to everyone. My wife prefers me not to be. She knows I go out in public where I risk being seen by someone we know, but that’s a risk we must accept. We made this agreement after a long period with don’t ask don’t tell. I stay away from our neighbourhood and I am not dressing at home when she is there.

The first time I got caught I was walking into a grocery store. When I entered I looked right in the eyes of a close friend of my sister. I panicked and just kept on walking. I called my sister later and told her what happened. My sister called her friend, but she didn’t say anything and has never done so. From the expression on her face I know she recognized me, but maybe she wasn’t shore.

The second time I was more lucky. I walked through a campus when I suddenly heard someone shouting out my name. I just kept on walking, but I realized I had to turn around. It was the wife of a close friend of my. She has seen me dressed several times, and she was just happy to see me out wearing a dress and wanted to say hello. We ended up talking for about 30 minutes before we said goodby.

The third time I was caught was when my wife and I had a strict don’t ask don’t tell period. She didn’t know I was dressing that day, and I never told her when I did in that period. As I walked in a shopping mall I ran straight into a former colleague from where I worked, and she also work at the same place as my wife. She knows a lot of people I work with today. I saw she reacted when she saw me, but she didn’t say anything as she was surprised to see me dressed like this. This time also I panicked and just kept on walking as my heart was beating intense. As I turned a corner I could look back and could see that she was turning around to see where I just walked. I knew my wife would not have been very happy if she would hear this from someone she works with. As we in that period had a strict DADT I didn’t tell her, and was nervous for the next week if she had heard anything. She hasn’t heard anything about it so I think it is ok.

This is some time ago, and today I tell my wife when I go out, and we have talked about that I may risk meeting someone we know. She has accepted that risk, so today I would have told her. I also know that if, or when, I meet someone I know in the future I will stop and talk to them. I go out in the same city I live in, so it will happen again some day.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

robert wrote:I have been busted a few times...
It sounds like you and your wife are making progress, so congratulations on that and let's hope for more progress in the future.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

It does sound like progress is being made, but hearing stories like this always makes me sad. After all, why should there be so much angst over a piece of cloth -- angst that makes us hide and feel ashamed. It's not like we're injuring anyone with what we wear -- yet sometimes even our own inner-circle make us feel like pariahs.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
jeanfor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jeanfor »

crfriend wrote:It does sound like progress is being made, but hearing stories like this always makes me sad. After all, why should there be so much angst over a piece of cloth -- angst that makes us hide and feel ashamed. It's not like we're injuring anyone with what we wear -- yet sometimes even our own inner-circle make us feel like pariahs.
Usually family and friends can be the toughest critics. But with time it usually gets better. Some have a problem with it others don't. It is often the fear of what other people will say. But once they realize that nothing happens and in fact we get compliments then it is no big deal. I am also a barefooter. I have to say I get more questions about being barefoot then wearing a skirt. In fact I find that today even where I live in the country wearing a skirt is a non issue. Things have changed greatly since 2010 when I started to wear skirts and kilts. The next step is to be a non issue when going to work. I am lucky enough I work from home. If men only knew how much they lose for not wearing skirts. So much better than pants. Women can keep the pants if they want to..... I usually wear a nice pair a man's dress shoes or black boots when I wear skirts or kilts. Yes I run 10k barefoot a day so wearing well fitted shoes rest my feet a bit and I dont mind. Also, barefoot with a skirt is sometimes a bit too much....
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

jeanfor wrote: I am also a barefooter. I have to say I get more questions about being barefoot then wearing a skirt. In fact I find that today even where I live in the country wearing a skirt is a non issue. Things have changed greatly since 2010 when I started to wear skirts and kilts. The next step is to be a non issue when going to work. I am lucky enough I work from home. If men only knew how much they lose for not wearing skirts. So much better than pants. Women can keep the pants if they want to..... I usually wear a nice pair a man's dress shoes or black boots when I wear skirts or kilts. Yes I run 10k barefoot a day so wearing well fitted shoes rest my feet a bit and I dont mind. Also, barefoot with a skirt is sometimes a bit too much....

I am also a bare footer! been barefoot as much as possible since I was in my teens, I hate shoes. So now I have a hard time finding even mens shoes that fit. :boohoo: My feet have become very wide. I call them my Flintstone feet. :laff: I tend to wear Flip Flops when out and I wear skirts all of the time now everywhere I go. So I do not think it a bit much it just is!!

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.