Side slits

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Side slits

Post by Bertino56 »

This little detail makes skirt wearing much easier, at least for me.
My knee-length, blue denim skirt ($2.49 at a thrift store, a lucky find),
well broken in, but not faded, in perfect condition. Old Navy, size 18.
It has 4 1/2 inch slits at the side seams. These make walking, working,
and getting in and out of my car much easier, and the skirt generally
more comfortable. I have limited experience thus far, but I find I don't
care for the back slit, and I would never consider wearing a front slit.
It appears to me that side slits like these are the ideal configuration for
a knee-length man's skirt.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Side slits

Post by Big and Bashful »

I don't like slits and try to avoid them, I would rather have a skirt with more of an A line to give movement. I have one with very short side slits, more of a style thing, but I feel the top of the slit is a stress point and is more likely to tear that a straight hem. I have a couple with short rear slits but again I would rather there was no slit in them. However I confess that one of the things I like about some skirts is the way they limit movement, Different skirts for different activities suits me.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

For pencil skirts, some slitting is usually needed unless the fabric has substantial stretch. I prefer a rear slit, but can deal with side slits. I wouldn't even mind a maxi with side slits, though some are a bit higher toward the waist than I am comfortable with. Still, I'm not above revealing a peep of tights-clad leg through a side slit in a slender maxi.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Sorry, I don't have any pencil skirts so have no need of any slits. I like A line or skater-type skirts, which constitute all of my skirts, with plenty of hem width to allow me to stride away or run freely. I like to feel the hem move and sway against the back of my legs as I walk. So whether the slit is at the back, front or side is of no concern to me.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

This is a case of what's practical.
Full or pleated skirts are really great for the freedom.
Straight skirts are better for less settled conditions, weather wise!
Slits just help!
Steve
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Never really cared for side slits, and as a pencil skirt afficionado it's a rear slit that's preferred as opposed to one at the front. Some skirts have slits at both front and back which I have never liked. Pencil skirts are great for colder or blustery weather, though a chino or denim one is fine in the summer. :wink: