Be careful while driving in a skirt !!

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Be careful while driving in a skirt !!

Post by dillon »

moonshadow wrote:Best way to drive IMO... left arm resting in an open window, right at about the 1 o'clock position, and old favorite song you haven't heard in years, blue skies, sunglasses, and a smile!

8)
Then which hand do you hold the beer in? That old Dodge doesn't have cup-holders, does it?
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

only problem I've had getting while driving is getting in a vehicle wearing a skirt that has no stretch. first time I almost fell down before I figured out how to get in there! I don't worry so much about other drivers seeing
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Bamaskirting wrote:only problem I've had getting while driving is getting in a vehicle wearing a skirt that has no stretch. first time I almost fell down before I figured out how to get in there! I don't worry so much about other drivers seeing
Ah, if it is short enough, you can do gymnastics in it ........... if you don't worry about others. I do sit on the seat and swing both legs in together, not step in with one leg first.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Bamaskirting wrote:only problem I've had getting while driving is getting in a vehicle wearing a skirt that has no stretch. first time I almost fell down before I figured out how to get in there! I don't worry so much about other drivers seeing
to be honest most women I've seen don't worry about it when I have observed them getting into a car - just make sure your sneakers are on and not your heels :mrgreen: the likelihood of someone standing right nearby as if to catch a glimpse up my skirt is very rare, and no one sits like a lady when they are driving, no matter what the skirt. If I was a passenger getting out of a limo then I would be more graceful upon getting out of my seat :!:

I'm always in tight skirts but it's never been a problem if I have a generous slit at the back so there's a bit of give in the skirt. Sometimes I pull my skirt up a couple of inches just before I get in if I think there's a chance of it tearing at the back. Wearing a skirt most days, I just do what every other woman does, it's no big deal. Of course looser design skirts are no issue :wink:
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

I think that this YouTube video says it all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8yhQalODME

Real cute chick caution look out for the distracting WINK !

Others in the same view:

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=h ... pe=sbc_dsl

So go ahead and make my day - I dare you to do otherwise !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Don'the have problems with skirts whilst driving. Mine are all between 87cm and 99cm - calf length or longer. Our small car, more suited for my wife, is easy to get in, one leg followed by the other. The other car and my preferred is the Land Rover Defender and that even though some 55cm off the road is easy to get in one leg followed by the other. But I am 2m tall in the first place!

Once in the car if some one sees me then enjoy the look. It is just clothes followed by bear legs! Legs are usually standard items on humans. As to seeing up the skirt, well they cannot see much unless right next to me and those type of people have a name attached to them, men or women. For passing vehicles, you are talking seconds so not much time to register and surely they must be looking ahead. Junctions and traffic lights, just look back, smile and give them a wave if need be. You've just brightened up their day.

I do not have much time for those who get wrapped up by what another wears. Should make sure their perfect before looking at others and no one is perfect in the eyes of another.

Happy motoring in a skirt.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Now I didn't think that bear legs were standard items on humans, but I'm only looking at the humans around here. :o

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

:hmmm: I think he meant 'bare' legs. If indeed he meant bear legs,
he must be one hairy dude :!: :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Well now Uncle Al he might just have bear legs.......You know all furry with big paws at the bottom......... :P :lol: :mrgreen:
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Kirbstone wrote:Now I didn't think that bear legs were standard items on humans, but I'm only looking at the humans around here. :o

Tom
That would make the case for shaving.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

Yes you are right on all accounts about bear or bare. It should have been bare. Must turn off this auto word insert on this tablet. It again changed bare to bear on this reply. Even reading over it before submitting I didn't spot the one talked about above. The worst are words like that's and didn't. Didn't becomes didn'the!

As a passing comment do not need to shave my legs. Below the knee I naturally have little hair. One less job to think about.

I'll concentrate on spelling in the meantime and find out how to turn off this word anticipatory inserter.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

TheSkirtedMan wrote: Must turn off this auto word insert on this tablet. It again changed bare to bear on this reply. Even reading over it before submitting I didn't spot the one talked about above. The worst are words like that's and didn't. Didn't becomes didn'the! I'll concentrate on spelling in the meantime and find out how to turn off this word anticipatory inserter.

I hate auto correct and do not use them. :cussing: :censored: :cussing: If I misspell a word then tell me it is miss spelled but don't try to tell me what I said, just give some options to see.

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Ah, the entry/exit problem!
Simple, park your bum on the seat at right angles to the front of the car.
Keep your legs together and swivel in. The same is true of egress from said vehicle, legs together and swivel.
I appear to have developed a bit of a back problem and decorum aside it is much easier all round.
As for general driving I found a traditional kilt really uncomfortable and cumbersome.
An ordinary knee length skirt is generally good, straight or A-line my preference.
Steve.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Depends on your lifestyle. Exiting from the rear seat of our Roller, the door opens out on rear hinges of course and the chauffeur stands by it with an opened umbrella blocking the plebs' view entirely while one emerges.

The trick then is to give a little smile and wave to your Adoring Public as you take the few steps to the waiting chopper.....Ask Donald Trump!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

So Tom, you finally won the lottery - did you finally buy a ticket?

BTW, I didn't know DT wore a skirt - thought he was too macho for that - all testosterone and no brain. :D

Oops, he isn't one of our readers is he - a closet skirt wearer?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.