First Flight (Skirted)

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: First Flight (Skirted)

Post by Fred in Skirts »

hoborob wrote:Who is to say that the woman in question did not feel that she had been intentionally flashed even if it was unintentional? However its more likely that she decided that she was offended that a male would wear an article of clothing that she felt should have only been worn by a woman and decided to physically harass and embarrass the gentleman in question.

He did not flash at all as I said I was sitting across from him facing him. There wasn't any exposure at all. She was just trying to cause trouble. If it had been me I would have had charges pressed against her for the wrongful use of the 911 system and filing a fraudulent complaint with the police.

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Thanks Fred that was what I suspected. It is a shame that there are such people in our world, that wish to force everyone else to bend and accede to their version of what is acceptable. Just look at the Muslim world if you don't believe this is so. In the end it is a power and authority issue, these type of folk want to make the decisions for everyone else because they know what's best for everyone. They fail to understand that in the end we will all stand and answer for our own actions and not for the actions of another. If you have caused harm to another you will answer for it and probably lose any benefits you may have built up. In the end the statement that must be heeded is "Judge not, for you also will be judged." and "forgive and it will be forgiven you, for what you forgive in earth will be forgiven you in heaven, what you hold in earth will be held against you in heaven."

Let others live as they see fit so long as you are not overriding, denying, or preventing them from their rights and they are not doing so to you there is no problem, As soon as one affects the rights of another the ones rights end.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

My first flight 'kilted' was flying back home from a visit with my parents. I packed my Utilikilt in my luggage on the way there and wore it a few times on the trip. When I first wore it around my parents, my dad gave me a strange look and said, "What is that thing??" I smiled and said, "It's a new version of a kilt." He seemed satisfied but still a bit confused. Anyway... I wore it back home and going through the TSA check, the guy smiled and said, "Would that fall down if you took the belt off?" I said, "Only if I let go of it!" I took the belt off, went through the metal detector, put the belt back, and continued on my way. No problems...

--Rick
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8paaGglino
A bit difficult to hear, but it is the story of her first flight 'en femme' and the professionalism of the staff.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Just two "women" on a sofa. Couldn't make out what they were saying. Fast forwarded through most of it. Gave it a miss.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Sinned wrote:Just two "women" on a sofa. Couldn't make out what they were saying. Fast forwarded through most of it. Gave it a miss.
Pamela's Irish accent is sometimes difficult to follow and the sound was hastily rigged up with inadequate equipment; but, from 5:55 onwards, Amanda's airport security story is fairly clear and well worth hearing.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
skirtedMarine
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedMarine »

As far as flying with mostly Marines, most of us would fight for your freedom, and some of us prefer skirts! :shock:
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

skirtedMarine wrote:As far as flying with mostly Marines, most of us would fight for your freedom, and some of us prefer skirts! :shock:
Glad to hear it. I have never had any issue from any member of the USMC. My neighbors are mostly active duty or retired, here in Richlands, NC. If you're a career Marine, I'm sure you passed through LeJeune and/or adjacent facilities at some point. I have only the highest regard for them. They are friends and neighbors, and vital contributors to the community. I wish only that the locals were as intellectually diverse as the military.
Last edited by dillon on Wed May 18, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

My first time flying skirted was almost four years ago, flying from Dusseldorf to Cph. And it was a rather spontaneous thing, because I had planned to change to trousers at the airport. Nevertheless when arriving there I took a fast decision and checked in my luggage. Point-of-no-return.

The picture was taken a few hours before leaving Düsseldorf. I was wearing my USA Casual in American Heritage tartan with Velcro fastening, i.e. no metal parts to set any alarms - I thought. Since then I have been flying a few more times wearing this great kilt. By the way: Contrary to many other kilt wearers I have nothing against white knee socks.

You may read more about my first time flying skirted here:
http://blog.dress2kilt.eu/#post30
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Great photo, Gerd. Love the white kilthose and the shoes are very sensible too. That's a particularly nice tartan.

As you know I like to post pics too but have not been able to to that on Rockmode.de for some time now, so I just browse other peoples' posts there.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
TheSkirtedMan
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TheSkirtedMan »

I've been on an aeroplane in a skirt several times with no problem. Grantedly only in Europe but from what I hear countries like USA, Australia etc should be no different. There are quite a few countries I would not go to in a skirt but then I have no desire to go to them in the first place even in trousers.

I will get the odd look and stare from some but then that happens where ever. One woman once whilst in a fairly squashed queue whilst departing the plane itself thought she would have a look up my skirt by lifting it. I was immediately aware of the movement turned to her and what ever turns you on love. The name for such men applies to women as well. She was very sheepish and a male passenger said well said.

Once on a UK airport whilst in a skirt the body scanner alarm went off. Don't know why as apart from my watch I had no metal on me. Two security guards were opposite and one immediately responded. I obviously stood still upon the alarm trigger. The guard that responded was female obviously the visual appearance of the skirt made the instant reaction for her to react not the male guard. Seconds later the réalisation of a man in a skirt she stopped and turned to her colleague who then sprang into action, no words were said. I got patted down from top to bottom via arms and legs on top of my clothes and seconds later he said thank you, have a good trip. Went back to his colleague and I moved on. I was not aware of any other passengers standing and looking and seconds later the scanner picked on another person.

Not had problems at airport secure car parks even those where the car is parked for you or at an airport car hire whilst skirted. One French airport where the departure lounge is glass fronted south facing, many passengers were complaining of the heat even with air conditioning on. I'm sure only my wife and I were skirted. The free movement of air around our legs and the loose tops we had on helped. Others wore jeans, trousers, t-shirts button up shirts. It also helped that around the edge of the room were floor grills where all or some of the air conditioning was expelled. The air from the grills was gentle so although the skirt moved it was not compromising. Three passengers remarked on how envious they were of me but all added it still wouldn't encourage them to wear a skirt. I said they should try it. It is just as cool even without air conditioning.
Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I've flown skirted many times and never had an incident. It's no different from being skirted at as shopping mall, a department store, a sports event, or any other large gathering.

A couple times the x-ray machines beeped at my kilt buckles ot buttons but after being led aside for a five-minute hand scan I was on my way. And on one of those occasions, one of the TSA agents told me he had a kilt of his own at home and enjoys wearing it.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Another observation -- and I could easily be mistaken about this -- but I think flying in a skirt results is a better-that-usual chance of having an empty seat next to you.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

And when the seat next to me was occupied, I never sensed a negative reaction.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Orange Apple
Distinguished Member

Post by Orange Apple »

Caultron wrote:Another observation -- and I could easily be mistaken about this -- but I think flying in a skirt results is a better-that-usual chance of having an empty seat next to you.
Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
And when the seat next to me was occupied, I never sensed a negative reaction.
Unless you fly Southwest [they still don't assign seats, right?] I doubt it makes any difference. Most of the flights I've been on recently have been completely full, and the seat assignments made by the airline's computer based on whatever bizarre algorithm they use to do so . . . but said algorithm can't include whether the seat occupant is wearing a skirt.

I admire the courage of all of you who have described your experiences in this thread. I have enough trauma making it thru TSA already and the idea of doing it in a skirt is a bit scary.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

It is unusual to be on a flight with empty seats, but it does sometimes happen.

As to computer-assigned seating, some people do move round if there are empty sets they prefer or can talk people out of.

caultron