A nice conversation and interesting incident :-)

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

A nice conversation and interesting incident :-)

Post by Kilted Musician »

This morning I went to my local coffeehouse for my usual coffee and pastry [almost like a Sunday ritual] and talked with some friends who know I wear kilts and skirts. A friend said, "I see you're wearing a kilt." "Nope. It's one of my skirts," I said with a smile. My friend Christine said, " Why not!" To use the phrase someone here on the forum came up with, I said, "I was thinking about it and realized that in biblical times, no one wore pants." She looked at me, paused for a bit, and said with a smile, "You're right!" :) So... here we are, talking about guys wearing skirts. I'm standing up, my friends are sitting at the table, when all of a sudden, my friend's dog came up from behind, stuck his nose up my skirt, and did what dogs usually do! Christine said I had the most surprised look on my face! :shock: Not surprised!

Here's what I was wearing...
KM1.JPG
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A nice conversation and interesting incident :-)

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Kilted Musician wrote:I'm standing up, my friends are sitting at the table, when all of a sudden, my friend's dog came up from behind, stuck his nose up my skirt, and did what dogs usually do! Christine said I had the most surprised look on my face! :shock: Not surprised!
KM1.JPG
I almost ruined my monitor when I read that as I had a mouthful of tea. :rofl:

Someone should have taken a picture :lol: :lol: :oops:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gregg1100 »

Was the dog traumatised, lol ??
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Franinskirts wrote:I almost ruined my monitor when I read that as I had a mouthful of tea. :rofl:

Someone should have taken a picture :lol: :lol: :oops:

Sorry if your monitor got a little wet...

Yep... I wish someone could've gotten a pic of that. That's one thing about spontaneous stuff... you never know what's going to happen! :)

--Rick
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Gregg1100 wrote:Was the dog traumatised, lol ??
Ha! I never thought of that! The dog's a pervert anyway! ;) Actually he's a neat dog. Half sheperd, half ??? His name's Bruce!

--Rick
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Kilted Musician wrote:
Gregg1100 wrote:Was the dog traumatised, lol ??
Ha! I never thought of that! The dog's a pervert anyway! ;) Actually he's a neat dog. Half sheperd, half ??? His name's Bruce!

--Rick
As in Bruce the Pommy new professor in the old Monty Python sketch? 8)
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Kilted Musician wrote:This morning I went to my local coffeehouse for my usual coffee and pastry [almost like a Sunday ritual] and talked with some friends who know I wear kilts and skirts. A friend said, "I see you're wearing a kilt." "Nope. It's one of my skirts," I said with a smile. My friend Christine said, " Why not!" To use the phrase someone here on the forum came up with, I said, "I was thinking about it and realized that in biblical times, no one wore pants." She looked at me, paused for a bit, and said with a smile, "You're right!" :) So... here we are, talking about guys wearing skirts. I'm standing up, my friends are sitting at the table, when all of a sudden, my friend's dog came up from behind, stuck his nose up my skirt, and did what dogs usually do! Christine said I had the most surprised look on my face! :shock: Not surprised!

KM1.JPG
I'm sorry for asking, but are those white tights or is that the shade of your skin?
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

dillon wrote:I'm sorry for asking, but are those white tights or is that the shade of your skin?
I'm going to say... it's the shade of his skin, as a closer look reveals he's wearing flip flops indicating no "footie" in the tights.

Let's see if I'm right...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

dillon wrote: I'm sorry for asking, but are those white tights or is that the shade of your skin?
That is the color of his bare skin. :laff: He needs to get out in the sun a little more.

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

And the winner is... Moonshadow! :hooray: Second place goes to Fred!

No hose, no tights... at least this time! Whenever I take pics with my Nikon, I usually just leave it on Auto because most of the time the colors and exposure turn out good. But this time, it over exposed and everything looked washed-out. I think next time I'll try under-exposing a bit and see what happens. I would've done that this time but I was trying to beat the rain.

I'm glad I've got a good camera with a timed remote control and a rock-solid tripod!

--Rick
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

The camera exposure, your outfit, and your skin color look fine. It's the way we Caucasians look this time of year. You look natural. It sometimes seems like unhealthy tanning is a reaction to a bit of white shaming. This is how we look and people need to accept it.

People don't think much about that, but I feel we can find a bit of truth there. I'm not trying to start a war, just being thought provoking.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Taj wrote:The camera exposure, your outfit, and your skin color look fine. It's the way we Caucasians look this time of year. You look natural. It sometimes seems like unhealthy tanning is a reaction to a bit of white shaming. This is how we look and people need to accept it...
It's true that although we associate a tan with being outdoors, fit, and healthy, it's actually a reaction to overexposure and burnt skin, both of which also lead to skin cancer.

Not that I expect to see swimsuit models with ghostly white skin any time soon.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

According to the EXPERTS the best time to get a tan is when the sun is directly overhead. You get fewer UVA [the burning and cancer rays :( :evil: ] and more UVB [the tanning rays :) ] I was, in my youth [twenties and thirties] a beach bum I was as tan as I could get. I would lay out in the sun on the beach all day. It was good source of Vitamin D. :D Now I have to take Vitamin D tables everyday and don't get much sun. :(

Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Fred, that bit about tanning and the angle at which the rays hit the atmosphere would fit with my experience. At the UK latitude if I try and sunbathe ( in one of the four days in the year when the sunshine is hot enough to sunbathe ) then I burn but if I go south then I tan and tan well. I can also lay out with minimum suntan lotion and not burn.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

I used to live in Tucson AZ back in the '80s and did a little sunbathing and realized it didn't take much for me to burn. Nowadays, if I want some nice color on my legs, I just wear suntan hose! :lol:

--Rick