Quick Change

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Quick Change

Post by denimini »

There was a time where a quick change meant changing from a skirt into pants. Now it is changing from a short, frayed and dusty work mini into a respectable mini to go down the street. Quick change it is; I find that I don't even have to remove my boots. It sounds slack but if I am in the middle of doing something and decide to catch the Post Office before it closes; the quickest and easiest is best.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Quick Change

Post by moonshadow »

I too have occasionally yielded to the temptation to change skirts without removing shoes. Although it is most successful with the shorter ones made of durable, less clingy fabric.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

There is a bit of novelty putting on your shoes first and then your skirt.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

I usually do it that way. Start at the feet and work my way up. If a skirt has an elastic waistband, I sometimes even put it on over my head and slide it down into place. Easier than trying to step into it and possibly falling over, if I lose my balance.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

I may do that if I decide to change skirts mid-day but don't feel that I need to change shoes. The weather can be a bit fickle here, and I may start out in a warm skirt in the morning only to need to change into something cooler after lunch.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Arriving at a dance in everyday clothes, it is very easy to chance into a dancing skirt at the side of the dance floor: just pull the dancing skirt over the everyday one, then slip the everyday one out from underneath. It can be done very quickly and discreetly, whereas the wearers of trousers or shorts have to hide away in the 'loos' if they want to change.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

pelmut wrote:Arriving at a dance in everyday clothes, it is very easy to chance into a dancing skirt at the side of the dance floor: just pull the dancing skirt over the everyday one, then slip the everyday one out from underneath. It can be done very quickly and discreetly, whereas the wearers of trousers or shorts have to hide away in the 'loos' if they want to change.
I did see a sketch of Mr Bean changing from swimming trunks into trousters in public, it did look complicated and painful.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I change wet swim shorts for dry undies beneath a skirt almost every time on the beach, slipping sandals off one at a time if doing so on a hot surface or rough gravel such as the parking area. Though once dressed I seldom need to change skirts unless changing from a short one for the day to a longer one for the evening, but if I needed to do so outside of privacy, I wouldn't bother to take shoes off for changing. Just point my toes a bit.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

I also leave my shoes on when changing from skirt to skirt. Except when I'm barefoot, which is a lot of the time! :)

--Rick
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Sometimes I keep my shoes on when changing skirts, usually slide the new skirt up under the old one, zip up the new one, unzip the skirt I want to take off, and slide it down over the new skirt and off.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

One of the advantages of skirt wearing. The other day, I started out for work wearing wind pants, realised when I got to the station that it was a lot warmer than I thought. Grumbled to myself about getting downtown in a state less comfortable than it could have been. Then I realised that the far end of the platform where I was didn't have anybody else around. OK, pull out skirt, pull it up to my waist, pull off pants underneath. Done.
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

I have found the best quick change is with wrap type skirts, of which I have made several, no bending, no sitting, just stand put one over the other and remove the under one. Less than a minute. :D
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

melsav wrote:I have found the best quick change is with wrap type skirts, of which I have made several, no bending, no sitting, just stand put one over the other and remove the under one. Less than a minute. :D
What you are describing applies to a KILT as well - a wrap skirt fastened with straps; Velcro or a belt.

The odd event if not being skirted and being in pants the sox and foot wear have to be removed or an odd mix match of clothing may result.
Even worse if the pants (ankle) leg part is too tight then it is timely project to undress and redress - Tell me this is not happening and pray tell
with the outrage of gender bath/rest room in today's USA politics where the hell are you going to do the changing ! The radical conservative
moralistic types will be on you like something emitted from the back side !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !