Granddaughter's comments

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Granddaughter's comments

Post by rick401r »

My 10 year old granddaughter came over yesterday while I had on my camo skirt. She said 'Your wearing your man-skirt." Now, she has seen me in kilts often and in a denim skirt before but I've never used the term man-skirt before so I don't know where she came up with it. She also said I have "girl hair". My hair is blond and wavy and hangs past my shoulders.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Granddaughter's comments

Post by moonshadow »

Well... thats odd. Calling a skirt a "man skirt" when most people call them "ladies clothes" and saying you have "girls hair" when clearly the hair belongs to a man! :lol:

Kids..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I find that young children are some of the most honest with their comments. They at a young age have not learned the art of lying yet. They tend to say what ever crosses their minds.

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Franinskirts wrote:I find that young children are some of the most honest with their comments. They at a young age have not learned the art of lying yet. They tend to say what ever crosses their minds.

It also indicates an upper boundary for the age when children get socialized at to what is woman's clothing and women's hair styles.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

skirted_in_SF wrote:
Franinskirts wrote:I find that young children are some of the most honest with their comments. They at a young age have not learned the art of lying yet. They tend to say what ever crosses their minds.

It also indicates an upper boundary for the age when children get socialized at to what is woman's clothing and women's hair styles.
I'd say the age at which young people begin to question what adults do and why. She may have found it odd years ago but simply presumed that it was a grown-up thing.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...