An invitation to action

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

An invitation to action

Post by skirts4me »

Greetings everyone.

There was an article published online yesterday by our local newspaper The West Australian encouraging men to "don a suit", and to "think outside the box" then attend next Saturday's horse racing and enter a competition "Fashions on the Field" which is going unisex from this year. See the article at https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/lifes ... the-races/. I don't think it was intentional, but the writer of the article advises men that if they are going to wear a short dress the top should be covered, or if wearing a low cut top the length should be modest. That advice must be for the guys as it is followed by a comment "for the girls".

If I had enough spare cash I'd organise a good black skirt with matching jacket, a good white shirt - open neck, light-weight no-show socks and good black shoes, and turn up to see what reaction I'd get, even though horse racing is not my cup of tea. Some media coverage would be almost guaranteed. With a forecast max temp of 29°C that's a great opportunity. Alas, it won't be happening.
Shalom
Steven
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Re: An invitation to action

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Doubt they writer realises how many options have been opened with that article!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I would love to be in attendance as I love horse racing and would wear my best skirt and an open neck short sleeve shirt that matches the skirt. :rock:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Franinskirts wrote: :rock:
Agree (rock is German for skirt, in case you didn't already know) :-)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Argh! Horses, they were the reason pants were invented. At least it seems they are now trying to undo the dogma.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Post by skirts4me »

Hi Anthony aka denimini,

It's a pity you aren't closer to Perth. We could go together and create quite a stir.
Shalom
Steven
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Post by skirts4me »

Disaffected.citizen wrote:rock is German for skirt, in case you didn't already know) :-)
No, I didn't, but it creates a new slant on "rock around the clock". Should that be our theme?
Shalom
Steven
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

skirts4me wrote:Hi Anthony aka denimini,

It's a pity you aren't closer to Perth. We could go together and create quite a stir.
Yes, if people saw two skirted men at once they might think it was something more that a personal whim.
But Perth is a long way from the hill.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia