Ignored = No Sale

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Ignored = No Sale

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

moonshadow wrote:
bobmoore wrote:Thanks for the feedback. The customer service angle is probably right. I went to Piercing Pagoda yesterday, kilted, and was kept waiting close to an hour while the lone clerk messed with one customer. She didn't even glance at me for the first 40 minutes. She was clueless about customer service. I didn't say anything to her, but I sure did talk to corporate about it, and their online satisfaction survey got an ear full.
I get that a lot, even in trousers. I think customer services has just gone down the tubes in recent years. In fact, in my skirted transactions, for some reason, SA's seem to be more attentive to me. Except for the auto parts stores.... for some reason I can tell I make them uncomfortable.
I'm guessing it was just poor customer service generally at Piercing Pagoda. They probably have quite a diverse mix of customers.

As for auto shops, Moon, I used to go everywhere in a skirt, including getting the car serviced and new tyres. The main dealers treated me like just another customer. The most surprisng reaction was getting new tyres. After the fitter had finished and was handing back the keys he said he'd shake my hand except his were very dirty! Since that had never happened before, nor since, I can only assume it was the skirt and boots! That was in another life :-(
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Disaffected.citizen wrote:As for auto shops, Moon, I used to go everywhere in a skirt, including getting the car serviced and new tyres. The main dealers treated me like just another customer. The most surprisng reaction was getting new tyres. After the fitter had finished and was handing back the keys he said he'd shake my hand except his were very dirty! Since that had never happened before, nor since, I can only assume it was the skirt and boots! That was in another life :-(
I had only dealt with an auto shop (mechanic) one time while skirted, and that was just to get my truck inspected (annual state inspection). It passed, and consider that just a few months later I noticed the muffler about to rust in two, I'm rather surprised it passed. Was it my sex appeal in the skirt? :lol: I'll never know!

That said, I doubt I'll get away with that twice, skirt or not, and it'll be needing a muffler job by next September for sure. Although I could go a little shorter on the hem, wear one of those tanks, and some nail polish.... just to see. :D

But to be clear, the uncomfortable SA's were in auto PARTS stores. I've been in a few of those skirted.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote:But to be clear, the uncomfortable SA's were in auto PARTS stores. I've been in a few of those skirted.
As to the SA's comfort that is his or her problem. :boohoo: :eh: Their job is to help you in your shopping experience. :thumleft: I am comfortable in my skirts and don't let the SA's worry me. :lol: If they can not provide good customer service I shop else where. :arrow: I also let the management know why I am no longer a customer. :censored: :censored:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
bobmoore

Post by bobmoore »

Customer service is critical
My lovely wife sells Pandora, and their fixed policy is that everyone entering the store MUST be acknowledged within 30 seconds. I doubt that a skirt would be remarked there. One of the associates, a young man, wears the Pandora "Leading Lady" charm on his necklace.
"You can lead a liberal to truth, but you can't make it think."
skirtedMarine
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedMarine »

Sinned wrote:Thank you KM,

It's not hard to provide this level of service. In fact I don't really think of myself as selling rugs, for instance, and many times a purchase hasn't been made there and then but the customer has gone away to say make some measurements in order to come again and finalise the purchase. All I am doing is clarifying the thoughts through astute questioning of the customer. The right rug sells itself, after all the customer wants to buy, all I am doing is helping.
Shute,
I have medals ,Ribbons, And badges on an old worn out uniform thay don't compare to the pride you should feel !
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Aye one of dem cheapo Scotfolks came by today and expected the red carpet to be rolled out at his feet.
Well I showed him !
Those fancy pleated skirts look great with him leaving and I didn't have to waste my breath on the sales spiel !
Should have pulled up the doormat when I saw him coming !
Probably was some amateur pipe band blowhard anyway !
Now where was I when I was so rudely interrupted !
Oh yeah one of those DYKWIA ("Do You Know Who I am") !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Thank you SkirtedMarine for your compliment. It's not really pride I feel, more satisfaction that I have been of some assistant without having to really try. I have lots of chats with customers and tease them rotten at times but I treat them as people not as walking purses. But the real test is that the customers come back and often make a beeline for my particular checkout. There is a customer that comes in from a nearby town and expects a short poem or a joke from me. Something I started and can't seem to get out of now.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

This reminds me of a time when I was wearing my scruffy leather biker gear and went to a jeweller shop to buy a £1000 watch and no one wanted to serve me, but when I went in same shop all dressed smart the sales team pounced on me. it does make a difference what clothes you wear in some places. I brought my watch in a different shop.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

hairy wrote:This reminds me of a time when I was wearing my scruffy leather biker gear and went to a jeweller shop to buy a £1000 watch and no one wanted to serve me, but when I went in same shop all dressed smart the sales team pounced on me. it does make a difference what clothes you wear in some places. I brought my watch in a different shop.
I would have told them that their stupidity cost them a big sale. And show them that new watch you just bought at their competitors shop. :lol:

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

Yes Fred I should have done that but too late now as it was couple of years back. I'll do that next time.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I am reminded of the scenes in Pretty Woman where Vivian goes into a boutique decided under-dressed to buy some clothes and is basically shown the door. She then goes in later in a chic outfit and the following conversation ensues:

Shop assistant: Hello, can I help you?
Vivian: I was in here yesterday, you wouldn't wait on me.
Shop assistant: Oh.
Vivian: You people work on commission, right?
Shop assistant: Yeah.
Vivian: Big mistake. Big. Huge. I have to go shopping now.

The only other idea that occurred to me is that it is difficult to tell the status of a person in a nudist colony.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.