A lady said...

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
bobmoore

A lady said...

Post by bobmoore »

Yesterday I was hiking in the Pink Beds (a trail at Cradle of Forestry) and I met a couple of visitors from Charlotte. I noticed that the woman has wearing a short khaki cargo type skirt. As we were about to part company she said, both to me and to her husband, "it sure is nice hiking in a skirt!" I was quick to agree....
"You can lead a liberal to truth, but you can't make it think."
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A lady said...

Post by STEVIE »

I reckon that most here would agree.
Steve.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Except for a few rare occasions, all my hiking inthe last 2-3 years has been in utility kilts.

The exceptions are off-trail hikes where smashing through bushes with bare legs leads to injury.

Today I led eight other hikers from our hiking club on an 8.5-mile hike with 1400 feet of climbing. For the first two miles four additional women hiked with us because they didn't know the trails well enough to know where they wanted to go. Along the entire way we encountered 15-18 hikers going the other way. After the hike seven of us repaired to an upscale bar and grill located in a golf club.

And through it all no one said a word about my camouflage utility kilt.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Caultron wrote:Except for a few rare occasions, all my hiking inthe last 2-3 years has been in utility kilts. And through it all no one said a word about my camouflage utility kilt.

I find this to be true where ever I go in my skirt. I have had few words said about my skirts and those that were said for the most part came from women and were good. So the more we own the look the less people will say as they get used to seeing us in our skirts and dresses.

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Franinskirts wrote:I find this to be true where ever I go in my skirt. I have had few words said about my skirts and those that were said for the most part came from women and were good. So the more we own the look the less people will say as they get used to seeing us in our skirts and dresses.
Indeed. Our own fear of rejection is far far greater than any rejection we actually encounter.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Caultron wrote:
Franinskirts wrote:I find this to be true where ever I go in my skirt. I have had few words said about my skirts and those that were said for the most part came from women and were good. So the more we own the look the less people will say as they get used to seeing us in our skirts and dresses.
Indeed. Our own fear of rejection is far far greater than any rejection we actually encounter.
I couldn't agree more. We imagine all sorts of negative reactions from people around us, so it can be rather surprising when none of that happens.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Caultron wrote: And through it all no one said a word about my camouflage utility kilt.
Indeed. That is the nature of camouflage.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Yesterday i was wrking in my gardeners kilt by blaklader in the garden. At one moment the lady nextdoor took notice and asked wheter I was wearing a skirt. I indicated that it was a garderens kilt. She aksed me to make turn around and was enthousiastic. Even indicated that my new other half should wear mirrors on the front of her shoes. In the end she asked for the address of Blaklader so she could order one also for her husband's anniversary as I suggested.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Gusto10 wrote:Yesterday i was wrking in my gardeners kilt by blaklader in the garden. At one moment the lady nextdoor took notice and asked wheter I was wearing a skirt. I indicated that it was a garderens kilt. She aksed me to make turn around and was enthousiastic. Even indicated that my new other half should wear mirrors on the front of her shoes. In the end she asked for the address of Blaklader so she could order one also for her husband's anniversary as I suggested.
I tried looking up the gardeners kilt but the listings for Blaklader here in the states only show pants and not kilts. Do you have an online address for them??

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Franinskirts wrote:I tried looking up the gardeners kilt.
Didn't he object? :lol:
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Disaffected.citizen wrote:
Franinskirts wrote:I tried looking up the gardeners kilt.
Didn't he object? :lol:
He did not! :twisted:

Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Franinskirts wrote:I tried looking up the gardeners kilt but the listings for Blaklader here in the states only show pants and not kilts. Do you have an online address for them?
https://www.blaklader.uk/en/product/147 ... kilt#11289

caultron
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Caultron wrote:
Franinskirts wrote:I tried looking up the gardeners kilt but the listings for Blaklader here in the states only show pants and not kilts. Do you have an online address for them?

https://www.blaklader.uk/en/product/147 ... kilt#11289

Thanks,