Camouflage skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Camouflage skirt

Post by Bertino56 »

About 6 months ago two things happened. My 75th birthday, and I bought and wore my first skirt.
I now own 7 skirts. All knee-length, zipper fly, belt loops, pockets front and back.
Three are navy blue denim, three are khaki, and one is a camouflage pattern.
I think they all look good. And certainly they feel good. But the camouflage is my favorite.
Something about rugged readiness and military gear, regardless of the configuration of the
garments, or who is wearing them. It looks natural for a man to wear, whether it's shorts or a skirt.
Does anyone else here wear camouflage skirts?
Regular Guy

Re: Camouflage skirt

Post by Regular Guy »

Hi ....just wore a camo skirt tonight. Mine is from GH Bass. From ebay for $14. Pockets front and back, zip and button front with belt loops. Length was advertised as 17 inches with a 3 inch back slit. More of a pencil style, as there is almost no extra material to tuck between legs when sitting. Therefore, probably not something I would wear out if we were going to a restaurant for instance because of the sitting dilemma. But for just being out walking, it fits the bill.

My wife and I got home from a motorcycle ride and I couldn't wait to get out of my riding gear and slip on a skirt to help cool off. (FL is home). I was sitting on patio when wife says we need to take the dog for a walk. So i just got up and went along in my camo skirt. I can't help but believe that she thought the camo pattern was "manly" enough that me wearing a skirt would be ok. If that is in fact is the case, I'll be getting a few more like this one !!

I have about 6 kilts, most of which are heavy weight and dont really seem to 'hang' like I would prefer. Although they DO provide plenty of material to tuck between my legs when sitting. When warmer weather gets here I will be searching for some lightweight skirts.
But for now, this camo one may be a new 'go to' skirt.
Just a ......‘Regular Guy’ .......Kilted or Skirted
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

I have a couple of rip-stop cotton camo Utilikilts. They are light weight and very comfortable in hot weather, even with 21" hem. 21" is just above the knee on me. I like 19" for hiking as it doesn't drag on me knees climbing hills. They're old school military camo, not the pixilated new stuff. They don't draw much attention. Maybe it's me looking like an old couldn't care less hippie. Nothing to see here.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
melsav
Member Extraordinaire

Post by melsav »

I have 4 cargo kilts that I made myself, 3 are denim type materiel and 1 is poly cotton camo, the camo one I wear 95%
of the time, love it. :D
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I did once order and get a very short camouflage miniskirt (12" long) through e-bay and that barely covered anything! :shock:

Though I liked it, it was too short for any real use and it has since been recycled in the clothing bank. :(

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Bertino56 wrote:About 6 months ago two things happened. My 75th birthday, and I bought and wore my first skirt
Does anyone else here wear camouflage skirts?
Congratulations! One good thing about being an old man is that you get to be a crazy old man!

As to the camo, yes, I have two camouflage utility kilts and often wear them hiking.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I have two. You can see one in the Pics forum.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I bought a camo skirt in knee length and one mini. Further I made a camo kilt and two mini skirts from left over material.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Not very frequently, but, yes...

One of the early neo-trad nightwatch camo Utilikilts. Early in that it has the narrow front apron, even though it's a size 44 waist. Was chopped by the previous owner to the XS length (20"). Utilikilts did the work, but, it wasn't originally a 44XS, since the "XS" tag is missing.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Great look, John -- I love the t-shirt!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

My camouflage skirt came from Columbia Sportswear. When purchased it cracked me up that my first piece of camo clothing was a skirt!

It comes down to just above my knees and is cut like a denim skirt, complete with belt loops, a fly and 5 pockets.

As far as the concerns about being able to sit in short skirts go, do as the ladies do: cross legs or at least your ankles or simply keep your knees together. It's really not that tough.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

John I really like that
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

IMG_0467.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
danielobvt

Post by danielobvt »

5.11 Multicam TDK. Useful pockets and, as far as I am concerned, it's my clan colors (same pattern that I wore while serving my country in AFG).
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

crfriend wrote:Great look, John -- I love the t-shirt!
Bamaskirting wrote:John I really like that
Thanks guys... Shirt can be found on the Bad Ideas T-shirts website... I actually need to replace it. My formerly 16 lb Maine Coon Cat is typically a rather huggy boy, complete with the kneading of the paws. So, it became shredded after a while.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo