It all makes perfect sense now

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

It all makes perfect sense now

Post by moonshadow »

As many-a-frustrated husbands and many late night comedians have already bantered about, it becomes clear to me why women take so long deciding what to wear....

It's amazing... when you have more to choose from than simply "jeans and a t-shirt"... yes, it does take a while to make up one's mind.

It's rather like trying to pick out a DVD to watch.

I sit here preparing for a beautiful Saturday, and I am just staring at the skirt drawer. Hummmmmm.....

Unfortunately, it's still too cold for my favorites.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: It all makes perfect sense now

Post by Sinned »

As I have loads of skirts I find it difficult to choose which one to wear so I have resorted to starting at the left hand side of the skirt rack and, moving to the right, wearing each skirt in turn and choosing the appropriate top to go with it. Since there are different lengths there is a wee bit of adjustment in the order on the rack to suit the occasion but it has worked out twice and now it is time to start a third round.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I agree with you Moonshadow. On days (weekends) when I wear a skirt to go out and about, it' a tough decision as to which one, and what shirt goes with it, then what color tights and what shoes should I wear. But I sure do enjoy the hell out of it. :D
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I keep finding skirts I forgot I had. I even ended up with two of the same because the online price was so good, I forgot I had already bought one.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Sinned wrote:I have resorted to starting at the left hand side of the skirt rack and, moving to the right, wearing each skirt in turn and choosing the appropriate top to go with it.
I find my choosing really comes down to a few factors... above all, what am I in the mood for today? I've got some "conservative" skirts that I can wear if I don't want to draw a lot of attention to myself, maybe I'm a little down about something, or I just don't feel like putting up with society's crap. The Macabi's are among them, as well as a few "plain Jane" skirts. If I'm in a pretty outgoing, scandalous mood I may pick something about mid way... a little pop, but nothing over the top. Then there's the days where I feel as though I could spout poetry on the street corner! That's when the really femme, frilly, "peahen" like skirts come out!

Good, warm, sunny, green, non on call days tend to bring out the best in me. On these days, expect full skirts with lots of fabric, lots of flow, lots of twirlability, and lots of color. Then again, I've got a really cool all white one that just screams "I'm in an EXCELLENT mood today!" :flower:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

moonshadow wrote:As many-a-frustrated husbands and many late night comedians have already bantered about, it becomes clear to me why women take so long deciding what to wear....

It's amazing... when you have more to choose from than simply "jeans and a t-shirt"... yes, it does take a while to make up one's mind.

It's rather like trying to pick out a DVD to watch.

I sit here preparing for a beautiful Saturday, and I am just staring at the skirt drawer. Hummmmmm.....

Unfortunately, it's still too cold for my favorites.
Yes, I fully understand what you mean. For me in particular, it's never about just picking a skirt, since I wear women's clothes and shoes on my outings, I also have to coordinate with an appropriate top, footwear and a handbag.

In winter: do I go with a thicker, longer skirt, do I pair it with boots, will I need tights?

In summer: Polo shirts or tank tops? Denim skirts or print skirts? Pumps, flats or sandals?

Decisions, decisions! Usually, I spend an hour or so trying on stuff the day before an outing, then set aside what I choose to wear. That works best for me.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.