Physiological Reaction Leading to Embarrassment

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
GothScot

Physiological Reaction Leading to Embarrassment

Post by GothScot »

I realize there are some younger folks on here so I will try to couch this in as euphemistic language as possible in hopes of getting my question answered because it's genuinely troubling.

I've been wearing skirts more frequently since I entered adulthood and got a place of my own. Haven't worn them out in public all that much due to the area in which I live (if the weather doesn't get you, the hilljacks will) but when I wear them it's fairly standard to go: long skirt, half slip, and tights/pantyhose (if I've shaved the legs). I love the way it looks and I love the way it feels.

It's the latter that's getting me into trouble.

In short, the sensation of my legs in the tights/pantyhose brushing up against the differing fabrics of the skirt and half slip when I move in them results in, well, physical expression of how much I'm enjoying how I'm dressed. I don't mean arousal. I've managed over the years to maneuver things to where I can sustain the appearance of a flat front. I mean the culmination of said arousal. Brief euphoria aside, it's grown more annoying than anything, as the hosiery and half slip are too thin to prevent bleeding through. I don't want to look like I bought my outfits at Monica Lewinsky's yard sale. What can I do outside of stocking up on stain remover spray?
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Physiological Reaction Leading to Embarrassment

Post by dillon »

Not to diminish your problem, but this was a post I could have done without reading. That being said, get yourself some Depends Shields - they make them for men - then consider getting some sort of therapy. ~shaking my head~
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Underwear will also help. Sloggi briefs will hold everything in place as well. Wearing tights without knickers is a bit... eww :roll:
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

As Kilty said, wearing something under your tights will help. Also there are liners (marketed for both men and women) for the garment that you wear under your tights. Finally, advancing age will diminish your problem. (Speaking strictly as a geezer here. :( )
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

Way back when, when we all first started wearing the clothing of our choice it is more than likely that we all got excited about the garments that we choose. In our younger years it was exciting to impress our friends with the duds that we choose. In later years it became exciting to ourselves and we drew pleasure from the garments of choice. At times those choices became exciting and led to frustrations that we had to take in hand. After a while though the excitement wears off and it simply becomes a pleasure to wear what we want to wear. If your excitement is a source of embarrassment to you then stay at home and enjoy the clothing you are wearing. once the excitement factors starts to wear off then start making excursions outside and soon it will be old hat to simply wear what you want to wear and what others think about it be damned, just be yourself. As others have pointed out once you become comfortable with who you are and are comfortable with what your are clothed with then 99.99% of the people you interact with will accept you for who you are and what you are wearing will likely not even be noticed or at least not commented on. Yes there will be the occasional jerk that will try to embarrass you but remember that person most likely hasn't got the intestinal fortitude to break the societal expectations and to be themselves. Be happy with who you are and let the jerks stew in their own misery.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

kilty wrote:Wearing tights without knickers is a bit... eww :roll:
Wear a clean pair every day, and what's the problem? It's also one way to avoid having a VPL!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
DonaldG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by DonaldG »

Hi GothScot, I have only ever experienced what you refer to when I first put on a particularly sensuous garment, and this happens at home, so no great problem. Once I'm out, it's just ordinary clothing.
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

http://www.tights-for-men.com/index.php?main_page=index

Tights and other undergarments for men..
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

As a bloke gets old things will only happen when they want things to happen,Just a little self control is all it takes. If I let my thinking takoverthen something would show even while wearing heavy jeans.