Too many skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Uncle Al

Re: Too many skirts

Post by Uncle Al »

dillon wrote:Or a maxi under a midi under a mini?
A designer will think someone stole his 'Layered-Look' design ;)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Uncle Al wrote:
A designer will think someone stole his 'Layered-Look' design ;)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Not the way I coordinate clothes! There is a reason I wear a lot of black! And it's not just my love of Johnny Cash, LOL.

Dillon
The man in black...skirts...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I'd go there!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I sometimes do that the other way around and use a shorter skirt as a base layer under a longer one. It provides additional warmth and fullness.

Have fun,

Ian.

PS About 20 skirted garments at present, most in regular use.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Let me count now:-

1 tartan kilt knee-length (24")
2 Utilitikilts (1 black, 1 beige - both approx 24" long))
1 denim skirt 20" long (from M&S)
1 stretch denim mini 13.5" long
1 light khaki cargo skirt 17" long
1 black faux-leather mini 14" long
1 beige mini approx 14.5" long
1 dark khaki cargo skirt approx 15" long
That makes 9 in total

And soon to get the kickstarter Unisex skirt (November delivery) which makes 10
Fairly meagre compared to the rest of you!
But then the missus doesn't like the idea at all so have to keep them hidden... :( :blue: :eye:
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

I currently have only 8 skirts and 4 kilts in my closet. I'm not sure, but there's probably another dozen skirts packed away in a suitcase. I also got rid of another dozen or so by selling them at a consignment shop.
johnb
Member Extraordinaire

Post by johnb »

Its surprising how quickly numbers can build up. I've four different kilts, three are the plain utility type, one is camo. Then three commercially made skirts, eight of the home made wrap around variety, and couple of sarongs. Like one or two others here I also have one of the Skirtcraft unisex ones on order.

John
Jetblasted

Post by Jetblasted »

moonshadow wrote:It really is quite fun! But I'm certain it will wane down a little eventually as soon as I discover my next great find (watch it be dresses LOL) But although I know it will slow down as newer interest enter my life, I'm fairly certain that skirts will be in my wardrobe for the rest of my life.
Now that you're shaving your legs, give a pair of fine thigh-high hose a try. They feel awesome on smooth skin. I can't stand panties these days, but 15 years ago when I first started shaving, one girl I dated for a few months liked to have sex with me wearing thigh-highs & a silk camisole top. It was soooo sensual !!

I don't wear them anymore, but if you're looking to expand to some other wardrobe ideas, that's a good choice to at least try to see how it feels. Which is fantastic.

But, getting back to shaving, it generally gets easier time & again, after about a week. Something to consider is the "dolla shave club". Their great razors are a tiny fraction in cost, compared to Gilllettte, etc.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Not to brag or boast, but I have exactly 60 skirts in my closet (I counted yesterday) at present. Every length from a 15 inch mini to a 40 inch floor duster; denim, corduroy, wool and other fabrics; A-lines and pencils; and in various colors, solids, plaids and patterns. Yeah, they can indeed accumilate!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Aaughh!! Why did you revive this thread? LOL! Now I'm going to have to go through my closet and count...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

JeffB1959 wrote:Not to brag or boast, but I have exactly 60 skirts in my closet (I counted yesterday) at present. Every length from a 15 inch mini to a 40 inch floor duster; denim, corduroy, wool and other fabrics; A-lines and pencils; and in various colors, solids, plaids and patterns. Yeah, they can indeed accumilate!
Keep your closet doors open and the lights on. I hear they breed the the dark. :wink:
I plan on donating four from my skirt rack this weekend. That will make room the the three that will arrive soon.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

skirted_in_SF wrote:
JeffB1959 wrote:Not to brag or boast, but I have exactly 60 skirts in my closet (I counted yesterday) at present. Every length from a 15 inch mini to a 40 inch floor duster; denim, corduroy, wool and other fabrics; A-lines and pencils; and in various colors, solids, plaids and patterns. Yeah, they can indeed accumilate!
Keep your closet doors open and the lights on. I hear they breed the the dark. :wink:
I plan on donating four from my skirt rack this weekend. That will make room the the three that will arrive soon.
I will follow your sage advice. Heh! :lol:

The only sort of skirt I don't have in my closet is a leather (or pleather) mini. I'm gonna see what I can do about that!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I just recently aquired my first leather skirt for $55 on Etsy. I shopped ebay and Etsy for months before I found one in my size.
Last edited by Gordon on Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
rick401r
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rick401r »

I bought my first leather skirt from Ebay for $30.00. It's knee length (24"). I later found another one at Goodwill. Not sure of the length but it's shorter. Maybe 20". Both are fully line3d and zip up the back.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I've got a suede one, 4 years old and still going strong. That skirt is one of my absolute favourites, £65, money very well spent.
As for a total, I wear one at a time a few times over.
Steve.