Items on eBay

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Items on eBay

Post by Sinned »

There's risk both ways. Thousands of customers demanding cash refunds could push the airline into administration but at least you should get your money unless you are last in the queue. Accept vouchers and the airline will be relieved and possibly prepared to bend over backwards to accommodate you but if the airline goes bust then the chances are that you will lose your money. Hobson's choice.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.

geron
Distinguished Member

Post by geron »

Sinned wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:12 pm
There's risk both ways. Thousands of customers demanding cash refunds could push the airline into administration but at least you should get your money unless you are last in the queue. Accept vouchers and the airline will be relieved and possibly prepared to bend over backwards to accommodate you but if the airline goes bust then the chances are that you will lose your money. Hobson's choice.
Even if the airline goes bust, UK residents who have taken the precaution of paying by credit card (as distinct from debit card) can claim on their credit card provider, which is jointly liable with the airline, where the sum paid is over £100. In my case it is.

Shilo
Distinguished Member

Post by Shilo »

Useful tip.
Even if you only paid part on credit card you can claim the full cost from the card company. It’s section 75 of the consumer credit card. That’s the reason I always pay a small amount this way even for something like a car. Trading Standards pointed this out to me when a company went bust and a boat I had bought was wrongly repossessed as part of its assets.
:roll: