Items on eBay

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Items on eBay

Post by geron »

Comme des Garçons -- but, in that case, possibly not pour les garçons....
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

denimini wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:46 pm A nice little denim Kilt-like item
https://picclick.com.au/RIVER-ISLAND-UK ... 06303.html

Cute denim mini. Would pair really well with sun tanned legs and a pair of nude pumps.

NZF
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Not sure that sitting on those pleats would be comfortable. Certainly not without a sweep or two and a bit of wriggling. Apart form that a nice looking number. I've not been on ebay to look for a skirt for ages.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Probably a perfect fit for nzfreestyler ! LOL !

Now about sitting on the pleats having done the customary sweep -
forget about it that skirt is so short the pleats are going to be standing at attention -
and a bare or under-covered backside is going to be in contact with the sitting surface.

Why don't they ever have these skirts in much larger sizing ?
Pleats or no pleats.
Always the petite dang it !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Wouldn't dream of having anything to do with anything that short

I submit a nice little denim number I took for a walk along the banks of the Bann a few years ago. Wouldn't go shorter and that number had no back pleats to sit on.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

It would fit me and the price is right but the back pleats put me off, which get scrunched -up when sitting on them, particularly if driving. I have a couple of similar skirts and don't wear them much because of the time it takes to rearrange the pleats after washing. I am intrigued that a stretch denim (3% elastane) can hold such a defined pleat - maybe they would spring back into place after being seated.
I prefer something with a ruffled hem which does not need pressing or something like Tom is wearing looks practical and low maintenance ......... and not tooooo long.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

r.m.anderson wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:32 pm Probably a perfect fit for nzfreestyler ! LOL !

Now about sitting on the pleats having done the customary sweep -
forget about it that skirt is so short the pleats are going to be standing at attention -
and a bare or under-covered backside is going to be in contact with the sitting surface.

Why don't they ever have these skirts in much larger sizing ?
Pleats or no pleats.
Always the petite dang it !
Alas r.m..anderson a UK12 is too big for me.. it would sit too low on my hips.
I think its a nice style - although I prefer to avoid pleats in a shorter skirt. It feels more modest with a tighter more fitted mini skirt than a full skirt in a mini style. From the pics - that skirt doesn't appear too short, I think it would be an easy skirt to wear.

as for sitting - well you get used to having your derriere on seats etc.... its par for the course in a shorter skirt....
Lucky for me I don't use public transport much cause I don't like sitting on those sort of seats. Its also really hot/cold depending on the weather and can be hard to sit down in a shorter skirt.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

I've just seen this Ted Baker skirt..I have quite a few Ted Baker branded dresses and I enjoy them - this skirt looks great with a digital print...

https://picclick.com.au/TED-BAKER-Rainb ... 83727.html
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Interesting, it is made from neoprene and is waterproof ........... which makes sense. Says a size 2 (Ted), 10, S in the title but later says a size 5 (Ted), UK 16, US12 in the description ....... which is a worry as that is huge for the likes of us ........especially when so stretchy.
Not cheap at half the price though.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Oh what fun. You never see so much variety in pants

https://picclick.com.au/Genuine-Stunnin ... 15989.html
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

denimini wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:59 pmOh what fun. You never see so much variety in pants
That is absolutely fabulous, Anthony. Such a thing couldn't be done to trousers.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

You know, the skirt, for such a simple garment, can become immensely complicated!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

denimini wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 1:55 pm Interesting, it is made from neoprene and is waterproof ........... which makes sense. Says a size 2 (Ted), 10, S in the title but later says a size 5 (Ted), UK 16, US12 in the description ....... which is a worry as that is huge for the likes of us ........especially when so stretchy.
Not cheap at half the price though.
Yes, I sure wish they'd have measurements in centimeters or inches (I don't care which.) Sometimes I message the seller with this question even if the chance of me buying it is very low. Just a male asking is good for our cause.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sinned wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:22 am You know, the skirt, for such a simple garment, can become immensely complicated!
I do like the simplicity of skirts on a functional clothing basis .............. but I can appreciate a bit of nice design work .......... when I see it.