In all seriousness how do you sit?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Re: In all seriousness how do you sit?

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

Kiltieman wrote:
Disaffected.citizen wrote:
Kiltieman wrote:I always wear brief style pants under my kilts in either plain black or the colour of the kilt I am wearing so its never a drama if I accidentally flash when I sit down.
Although I find the idea of tartan underwear somewhat amusing, to all currently discussing such articles there is supposed to be a forum rule about not mentioning articles that are not intended to be seen and having no bearing upon your presentation.

Do we really need to keep saying "I wear" etc, etc, etc? It is pretty much irrelevant to any topic. The only time it becomes a problem is when a skirt (not kilt) wearing man is "exposed" commando, such as the "lawnmower guy" a few years ago, and deliberately trying to do so. Such action then brings us into disrepute. Otherwise, we are probably cut almost as much slack as women if there is an accidental flash in unavoidable circumstances.
If you read the posts from the start of this thread you will find quite a few references to what is worn under skirts/kilts by various posters.

Why single my post out??
Hi Kiltieman

Sorry if there has been a misunderstanding here.

Your post was the most recent, of many in the thread, that was heading into the details of style, colour, etc. My use of the quotation was for the humourous purpose of "tartan" underpants; had that line not been there, I'd just as likely not made any quote but merely pointed out the sensitivity of the topic.

I specifically referred to "all" to highlight the fact that several others had also made similar references, with the intention that you wouldn't feel singled out. Clearly my intention missed its mark! Again, my apologies.

D.C.
Kiltieman

Post by Kiltieman »

OK D.C. Its fine. Apology accepted. I work on the basis on here that all posts are vetted by the mods before they appear so any inappropriate content will be blocked.

No hard feelings.

Ian
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Kiltieman wrote:?..I work on the basis on here that all posts are vetted by the mods before they appear so any inappropriate content will be blocked.
I believe that's true only for a member's first ten posts after joining.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

If you manage to trawl through all the threads and posts you will find that the mods intervene only in extreme circumstances and for a VERY diverse group we get on pretty well. Please just remember that nearly all of us are just trying to be supportive and to discuss things in an amicable manner even if some of the things said can be controversial. If you feel upset about something then IM the person or one of the mods before lashing out. I think that you'll find that no offence was deliberately intended.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

I'm finding its not only about how to sit, Its also about how to get in/out of cars. How to hold a light weight skirt down from a sudden gust of wind when both hands are carrying bags, How to bend to pick things up from floor. Being skirted in a mini or any skirt is a new way of life, I often ask my wife and daughter if the girls all have same feeling and they tell me they do. Then with thin material there is the see through issue too, like should I wear two skirts today? I often find I hold my skirt up to the light to see if its too see through. NOW I know why women take so long getting dressed up. My wife plonks her trousers on and get ready (still takes longer than me) I spend ages choosing what skirt to wear, and will it go with this top/shoes.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

hairy wrote:I'm finding its not only about how to sit, Its also about how to get in/out of cars. How to hold a light weight skirt down from a sudden gust of wind when both hands are carrying bags, How to bend to pick things up from floor. Being skirted in a mini or any skirt is a new way of life, I often ask my wife and daughter if the girls all have same feeling and they tell me they do. Then with thin material there is the see through issue too, like should I wear two skirts today? I often find I hold my skirt up to the light to see if its too see through. NOW I know why women take so long getting dressed up. My wife plonks her trousers on and get ready (still takes longer than me) I spend ages choosing what skirt to wear, and will it go with this top/shoes.
I think light and floaty mini skirts are great to wear in hot weather but still not game to wear one in the street for the reasons you have mentioned. Good old denim just hangs there in a gale. Getting in and out of a car is not too bad thanks to front hinged doors these days - just make sure the back is pulled down properly when standing.
I think I have mastered getting out of a low armchair in a mini; an odd manoeuvre, putting the right leg out straight and twisting sideways on the left leg but it now comes naturally and is quick.
Being skirted in a mini is a new way of life; it is fun, it makes a challenge of something normally boring.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

That was a distinct advantage to my skort as I was chauffered in my son's car down in Houston...for a 6'3" guy to get out of a Mazda Miata, like 3 inches off the street...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

dillon wrote:That was a distinct advantage to my skort as I was chauffered in my son's car down in Houston...for a 6'3" guy to get out of a Mazda Miata, like 3 inches off the street...
I have driven a Mazda Miata -- precisely once, one time in Florida. I had to do so with the top down and me looking at the road over the windscreen.

I used to drive a Nissan 240SX (a delightful little car), and it was said that watching me get in and out of the thing was like watching self-propelled origami in action. This may have been the reason for the look of sheer terror on a driver who once rear-ended me and got to see me alight from my car -- her eyes were the size of saucers, and growing larger as I stretched out of the vehicle. Her car took more damage than mine (a busted licence-plate bezel) and everything was fine, but it was a howl when I picked the parts from her car off the back end of mine where they landed and handed them to her. Since she was a nun, she must've thought be the devil incarnate just from my size. "I believe these are yours, ma'am. There's no other damage to speak of, so we shall call it a day."
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

crfriend wrote:
dillon wrote:That was a distinct advantage to my skort as I was chauffered in my son's car down in Houston...for a 6'3" guy to get out of a Mazda Miata, like 3 inches off the street...
I have driven a Mazda Miata -- precisely once, one time in Florida. I had to do so with the top down and me looking at the road over the windscreen.

I used to drive a Nissan 240SX (a delightful little car), and it was said that watching me get in and out of the thing was like watching self-propelled origami in action. This may have been the reason for the look of sheer terror on a driver who once rear-ended me and got to see me alight from my car -- her eyes were the size of saucers, and growing larger as I stretched out of the vehicle. Her car took more damage than mine (a busted licence-plate bezel) and everything was fine, but it was a howl when I picked the parts from her car off the back end of mine where they landed and handed them to her. Since she was a nun, she must've thought be the devil incarnate just from my size. "I believe these are yours, ma'am. There's no other damage to speak of, so we shall call it a day."
But you must admit...it was a FUN car to drive.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

dillon wrote:But you must admit...it was a FUN car to drive.
Not when your head is getting hit by the bugs that the windscreen would usually stop! Do you have any idea how long it took me to "fix my hair" after a jaunt from Satellite Beach, FL to Canaveral and back? The Nissan was definitely fun, and I mourned when that one passed into the great beyond -- the Miata, not so fun.

As far as all-time fun goes, I might have to put that down to the few times I drove a (very old) pal's TR-6 way back when. However, I have had cars more recently that I've had a heck of a lot of fun with. I'm not one for big muscle and prefer slamming around curves on back roads. Even mini-vans (at least the early incarnations thereof) could be quite good at that. Give me a windy country lane over a drag-strip any day!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I drove his two hours from Raleigh home last summer. No bugs, lots of fun, but my small bald spot got sunburned!
Disaffected.citizen
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Disaffected.citizen »

crfriend wrote:As far as all-time fun goes, I might have to put that down to the few times I drove a (very old) pal's TR-6 way back when. However, I have had cars more recently that I've had a heck of a lot of fun with. I'm not one for big muscle and prefer slamming around curves on back roads. Even mini-vans (at least the early incarnations thereof) could be quite good at that. Give me a windy country lane over a drag-strip any day!
Are you sure you're not British, Carl? :lol: