Difficulties with partners

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Difficulties with partners

Post by skirtyscot »

Give him a chance, Tom, he's only just started posting pictures of himself! The professional photoshoots can wait. Mind you, my phone can do 10 seconds self-timer...
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Hi Kilty,

You do look great in your kilt suit.

Don’t let the photo snobs get to you. You’ll notice in most of my pics I’m holding my phone.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Hi Kitty I have to agree with both Tom and Pdx don't get pressured but a camera with a tripod would be nice.

The outfit is very nice. I am not to familiar with kilts .I only have one utility kilt. But its hard to distinguish what makes it a kilt it looks like a very nice skirt suit. Which I think are great.

I am by no means a computer or camera expert it is still a struggle for me to get a photo posted. I am afraid to use my phone because I fear I may be sending my photos to the entire world.

If you had a camera it would give you a chance to present you fine outfits in a more relaxed and complimentary setting. Dan
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

Kilty, when I first read this I was not logged in so I had to log in to see your picture. Nothing wrong with it what so ever, the outfit suits you good and you could go out and and about where you want like that ,Its good. I take ages trying to resize my pics and post them here.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

hairy wrote:Kilty, when I first read this I was not logged in so I had to log in to see your picture. Nothing wrong with it what so ever, the outfit suits you good and you could go out and and about where you want like that ,Its good. I take ages trying to resize my pics and post them here.
Try these on for size... a variety of Kilt Suits
k5.jpg
k4.jpg
k3.jpg
I still have the first one in the picture, the other two were sold off (to finance another kilt suit) - the Pinstripe one was mistaken for a ladies' business suit if I had no sporran :roll:

The mirror and phone is lazy but will do :wink:
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

... and a more casual outfit with a denim jacket
k2.jpg
or a Colquhoun tartan teamed with a jumper (sold this kilt as it was too baggy and gathered at the top)
k1.jpg
Kilts are my favourite, hence my username - kilts now outnumber skirts :mrgreen:
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Hey kilty, all those look gorgeous. You could wear them anytime although I bet they will be expensive to clean! 8)
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

kilty wrote: Kilts are my favourite, hence my username - kilts now outnumber skirts
I think you mean other skirts. Kilts are a variety of skirt, right?
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Sinned wrote:Hey kilty, all those look gorgeous. You could wear them anytime although I bet they will be expensive to clean! 8)
True... I wear them now and then, but more for functions... like their non pleat relatives, kilts require accessories too... sporran, hose, boots or brogues with smart casual jumper or jacket and tie, more towards the formal. With a jeans skirt, I can get away with a T shirt, or pencil with tights, booties, smart mens shirt, 'Mark as in Mark' style :mrgreen:

Dry cleaning is expensive, but I wear a slip under my kilts to keep them clean, as well as add some warmth in winter. Also with kilts come the inevitable questions of underwear, funny enough when in a regular skirt, no one asks me :roll:
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

Jim wrote:
kilty wrote: Kilts are my favourite, hence my username - kilts now outnumber skirts
I think you mean other skirts. Kilts are a variety of skirt, right?
Kilts are a type of skirt, but not all skirts are kilts :lol: I have 3 denim pencil skirts (one a longer midi for winter), of the work/formal ones there's one grey, one tartan, one floral, one navy, one brown tweed, one black, one crimson... I try not to buy any more, the royal blue one was cute but too tight for trips to the loo so that's gone... compared to over 35 kilts, 3 kilt suits plus Highlandwear accessories such as hose (socks), sporrans etc :shock: :roll:
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hey kilty, they are all good. The tartan jacket is a bit much, that is a loud enough tartan even with a dark jacket. Maybe there should be a rule against double tartan just like the one against double denim. The pinstripe and the plain suits are excellent, so I hope you got something extra special with the money from selling them! And you can never go wrong with a kilt and a big thick jumper in a matching shade.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilty »

skirtyscot wrote:Hey kilty, they are all good. The tartan jacket is a bit much, that is a loud enough tartan even with a dark jacket. Maybe there should be a rule against double tartan just like the one against double denim. The pinstripe and the plain suits are excellent, so I hope you got something extra special with the money from selling them! And you can never go wrong with a kilt and a big thick jumper in a matching shade.
Lol the Hebridean Fire is not for the faint hearted... very bold tartan, I usually save it for summer as it's quite light. Both the Pinstripe (from KiltStore, now 8 Yards) and the 21st Century Kilts Navy has gone, but I have calmer peat brown jackets with Henderson Weathered and richer brown coloured tartans for something more low profile :wink:
Keystone

Post by Keystone »

WOW! Reading through all 26 pages of this blog is exhausting and somewhat grim, especially the struggle faced by Dennis. The moment of him sitting by himself, isolated by his family, reflects my worst fears. I hope his skirt-wearing relationship with his wife has improved.

That being said, I have not told my wife about my skirt-wearing passion but I have already worn a homemade skirt in front of her. My approach is to downplay my interest and make it insignificant. I'm taking the "slow boat to China," "boil a frog in water" approach. To test the waters, I started off wearing women's thermal tights in the winter. My wife's reaction was extremely positive. She said she loves the way my a$$ looked in them and was also "turned on by the thought of seeing me wearing women's clothes." She couldn't decide what was more of a "turn on." She liked it so much that she bought a pair for herself and we both started to wear leggings around the house when it's chilly. However, the tugging and agitation of the tights on my leg hairs caused some hair follicles to get infected. My doctor drained the infected area and he gave me antibiotics. This gave me an excuse to start shaving my legs. At the same time, I also started to wear skirts secretly at home. Teaching part-time, I began to wear my skirts after class for my walk back to my car. At home, I decided started by wear cheap boxer shorts during my grading time as an opportunity to introduce skirt-wearing. After a month, I cut out the crotch and hand-stitched a hem to create a skirt. I wore my boxer skirt every time I was grading but it took her over 3 weeks to notice. Finally, she stated,
"What did you do to your shorts?"
"I cut-out the crotch, it was uncomfortable for long periods of sitting."
"So you turned it into a skirt?" "Yeah, I guess that's what it is." "You know you won't be able to turn it back into a pair of shorts."
"Yeah but I don't care, I have 9 other pairs of boxers."
She shrugged her shoulders. In a subsequent encounter, she lifted up my boxer skirt and started rubbing my a$$. Since that time, I took every opportunity to wear my boxer skirt during grading to reinforce the comfort argument. She would occasionally comment (with a little smirk)
"are you wearing your skirt?" Not even looking at her I'd respond "yeah" and continue working unfazed.
My goal is to treat my skirt-wearing as a minor, non-eventful activity. I want to convey the idea that it's just another article of clothing, like socks, that is of no consequence. With the coming of winter, the house temperature drops to 65 (18C or 291 Kelvin) and it's too chilly for a boxer skirt with bare legs but then we both jump into our leggings. When temperatures warm up, I'll purchase a terry cloth (sweat) skirt that is the same color of the boxer skirt. I'll wear that for a good while and eventually transition to less conservative skirt styles from there. I don't know how long it will take me but I'm willing to be patient to gain full acceptance. I have no interest in moving too far too fast only to have a set-back or give my wife more than she can chew. I have no interest in forcing a public skirt appearance or confrontation that would make her uncomfortable or embarrassed. Although I want full acceptance and encouragement from my wife, I'm willing to be content with half a loaf. I believe that If I can get acceptance to wear skirts within the house that I will eventually win acceptance to wear skirts wherever I want. Gaining full acceptance from my wife is most ideal and would increase my confidence in wearing skirts publicly. Moonshadow’s comments below reflect the uneasiness that skirting can be without the presence of our wife and or our children to reinforce our heterosexuality.

Postby moonshadow » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:01 pm
This was the FIRST TIME I had EVER went out in a skirt with someone other than my wife or daughter, and let me just say... it was WEIRD.
We stopped at a gas station right on the TN/VA border. I found myself somewhat embarrassed and made it a point to walk about 15 feet away from him as I felt as though onlookers would think "I was his woman". *yuck!*

As such, I’m hoping in the end to gain her full acceptance. Who knows what the future holds. For now, I'm cherishing every sweet but brief moment I get to wear a skirt when I can. Thanks to all who lead by example!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Keystone, I'm not sure if you can ever make skirt wearing "insignificant" as to most it is SUCH a big deal. But you seem to be successfully doing just that. YOH does seem positivish but then I think back at the start and so was MOH and remember that minds can be changed in a heartbeat. Yes, I have my struggles with her over my skirt wearing and most of the time she's ok with my wearing a skirt around the house as long as I don't try and over do it. It's wearing a skirt out of the house that's the sticking point. Having said that I'm going for walks around a local lake on an evening and doing it skirted [0] and I'm hoping to get my wife to join me while it's dark on an evening so that she can see that the few people I meet just don't react to my skirt. That first time is the hardest step. Maybe then I can push things a bit further. Oh well, I can but dream.

[0] Or dressed at the moment as I'm for the moment wearing a different dress each time.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Keystone,
Sinned is quite correct but I will also add another facet from my own experience.
My wife displays more rancour at my skirts when she has witnessed more people being totally accepting.
However, she can be perfectly sanguine with it when there is just the two of us in or out of the house.
She also happily accepts that I go to work in a skirt each day too but will tell me how much she disapproves too!
If you ever get an answer to such conundrums of life, you are one very lucky and wise man.
Steve.