Difficulties with partners

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Difficulties with partners

Post by tesjolts »

Hi Highlander,
the skirt looks great with the front pleats. It resembles somehow one of the original Utilikilt skirts that is now no longer sold.
Keep up the skirting. I'm sure your wife will get used to it.
Cheers
Tes

K_Highlander wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:03 am My wife objects to my wearing skirts, but still goes out with me while I am in a skirt: shopping, restaurants (currently in Florida on vacation), visiting family (spent the weekend with my son, his wife and two grandsons (youngest just 9 weeks old).
Recently purchased a skirt from H&M (https://www2.hm.com/en_us/productpage.1044163005.html) Pleated denim skirt.

I will keep it, wear when out without her, maybe get her to come around eventually (knock wood).
Ken
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Guys,
Yesterday marked my 41st wedding anniversary.
My wife has known about my skirt wearing for around 43 years.
Skirts aside, many marriages flounder simply because one, or both of the parties expects some future "change" from the other.
Perhaps your other halves reckon your skirts are a passing phase and that you just have to get it "out of your system"?
Sorry to be pessimistic but that is equally valid and misplaced as expecting your partners to eventually "come around" to your way of thinking.
Simple fact is that my wife's acceptance simply equates to ignoring what I wear and pretty much me. along with it.
Good luck and I wish you more success than I!
Steve.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by STEVIE » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:02 pm

Guys,
Yesterday marked my 41st wedding anniversary.
My wife has known about my skirt wearing for around 43 years.
Skirts aside, many marriages flounder simply because one, or both of the parties expects some future "change" from the other.
Perhaps your other halves reckon your skirts are a passing phase and that you just have to get it "out of your system"?
Sorry to be pessimistic but that is equally valid and misplaced as expecting your partners to eventually "come around" to your way of thinking.
Simple fact is that my wife's acceptance simply equates to ignoring what I wear and pretty much me. along with it.
Good luck and I wish you more success than I!
Steve.
Hola Steve;

Yours's has been such a painful journey, especially given there have not been any 'surprises' or deceptions involved. And while I truly can feel your pain, I do wonder if some of the "skirt" issue is displaced anger -- with the skirts taking the blame for other things? It does not appear at this time that regardless of what the issues may be -- they are there, entrenched and not giving either of you much comfort.

It is also true from the limited sample we see on this forum that few of us have S.O's in support. Many are single; some hide their preferences and skirt wearing; some persist with grudging acceptance from their spouses, and a few of us are lucky enough to have S.O's that stand by us. Despite this seeming imbalance from our S.O's, might it not also be correct, and helpful, to allow that though it is often a challenge to bring a spouse around, that too does happen -- sometimes.

I hope you both find some relief in your new together but apart arrangement; as arose in your recent meeting with an old friend, and more comfort will derive from neither of you working so hard to impose your will on the other. I've actually known two long married couples whose relationships were failing, come to much greater appreciation and support for one another after the, in their cases, divorce. One going so far as to be the best man at his ex's remarriage! Anyway, I'm hoping you both may grow/change in ways that brings out your best, and a few of us will help more women come to honoring 'their' man in a skirt.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Stevie, you made that paragraph about your 41st wedding anniversary seem like a sentence.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

denimini wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:08 am Stevie, you made that paragraph about your 41st wedding anniversary seem like a sentence.
There have been some good times along the way, we produced two fantastic kids who are now well adjusted adults.
The current situation casts a shadow over past memories I guess.
Besides, murder would have meant an even briefer sentence.
Steve.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Nah! Stevie, Murder is a messy business and my freezer is full anyway.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Kirbstone wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:29 am Nah! Stevie, Murder is a messy business and my freezer is full anyway.

Tom
Ah bur there is more than one way to skin a cat,
My dear departed Mother told me that!

Thanks Tom, you brought a smile.
Need as much cheer as possible.
Steve
Sherkhan

Post by Sherkhan »

I will just consider myself Extremely lucky :shock: . Was commenting on my wife's hiking skirt and wondering if I should try one. She just said - go for it, now I am hardly ever wearing anything but... home or out shopping.