Difficulties with partners

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Difficulties with partners

Post by Sinned »

I get frustrated, but not angry. Anger is destructive. I just try and go my own way as best as I can. Sometimes I have gone out in a skirt and she has not known. I don't tell her but if she asks I don't lie to her. On occasion she has asked and I have been truthful, that there was no problem, nobody said anything and acceptance was there from the public. What she thought at the time I don't know and I didn't ask. So far there has not been any blowback but she does say to put shorts on when she is around and I have to go out. If she ain't around then it's open season.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Hello Jenn03,

I just read your piece and I LOVE IT!!

It's well-written and I feel, accurate.

Thank you so much for saying all that and in such terms that no one can mistake your meaning.

Well done.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
JennC03
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JennC03 »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:05 am
Hello Jenn03,

I just read your piece and I LOVE IT!!

It's well-written and I feel, accurate.

Thank you so much for saying all that and in such terms that no one can mistake your meaning.

Well done.
You're welcome and thanks for the compliment 😊
“To become the best possible you, you must first focus on becoming a better you.”
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

My other half is aware that I enjoy wearing skirts/dresses and is acceptable but just not in front of him which is a bit of a shame but it means I'm not having to fully hide it
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!