Hiking in a kilt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
jeanfor
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hiking in a kilt

Post by jeanfor »

Unless the weather is really cool, I prefer to wear short running shorts...the type made of a light fabric and very loose. I find skirts too warm
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

jeanfor wrote:Unless the weather is really cool, I prefer to wear short running shorts...the type made of a light fabric and very loose. I find skirts too warm
I find the extra ventilation of a skirt more than overcomes the lesser and thinner coverage of shorts. But mostly, what fun are shorts?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Nolyn

Post by Nolyn »

Later today my wife and I will be heading to Yellowstone National Park for some back country hiking. Coming along is my new UT Kilt and my birthday acquisition, the new version Mountain Hardwear Elkommando Kilt. Can't wait! Hiking and mingling around always garners some interesting comments from other vacationers.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Sounds both comfortable and enjoyable. Have fun!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

I'll be headed to the Blue Ridge in October for the fall colors, since due to drought, they are expected to be magnificent, and I have a place to stay within 90 minutes of the Parkway. Ready to do some outstanding day hikes!

Also pleased to have found elderflower syrup at Ikea; it adds much to my drink of choice, the Old Fashioned.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
skipper5551

Post by skipper5551 »

I just finished a 2 week hiking trip to Blue Ridge Georgia on the BMT. It was too warm to hike well even wearing a 16-17" light weight skirt. The new lightweight fabrics are great for warm weather hiking. Wearing a longer kilt in a heavier fabric would really have been too hot. I would love to buy a utility kilt made with a lightweight poly or microfiberfabric. I have not found any other than the hiking kilt sold by Sport Kilt and I do not like any of the colors or styles offered.
Skipper5551
]Skipper5551
The skirted hiker from Georgia!
Nolyn

Post by Nolyn »

It was a great vacation, with som fun hikes in my kilts (the longest was in my UT Kilt, in which we hiked nearly 20 miles). I was really happy with the El Kommando kilt (Mountain Hardwear), it was very comfortable.