Why shouldn't I go out in a mini

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Kilty
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Why shouldn't I go out in a mini

Post by Kilty »

hairy wrote:
New Image.jpg
I was going to ask if this is too short to be out in public but looking at it now I think I know the answer. This is only 10inches perhaps I should use the 14inch or longer ones.
Had problems with pic size.
Looks cute! Though due to the length, I would feel quite exposed even if I had boy shorts or black knickers on... I think the 14 inch ones would be better :wink:
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

hairy wrote:
New Image.jpg
I was going to ask if this is too short to be out in public but looking at it now I think I know the answer. This is only 10inches perhaps I should use the 14inch or longer ones.
Had problems with pic size.
Not too short for a beach area or where you would wear short shorts.

Or just be very brave like guy pictured.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I have seen this guy (on the internet) a few times - here is an article about him from the Shenzhen Daily (around 2010):-

http://www.szdaily.com/content/2011-07/ ... 845485.htm

His only real problem seems to be finding the right girl who would accept him as he is. He only wears these skirts when not at work and not in his home village. He is not gay but just likes the style and the looks from people.

Ross
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

I think that is too short, but each to their own, the way I look at it, we are outside the normal way of dress to most western country's so we are “ambassadors to our cause” and the more we look “OK” and not outrageous we will get excepted more easily that's my penny worth.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

I like my short skirts but now that guy takes things too far, has he got nothing to hide under it?
That pic from skirting today I'm wondering how long the skirt is and how tall you are, I think mid thigh like yours should be OK, would you go out in that one?
r.m.anderson, you wouldn't be saying I have big butt would ya? cuz I've not, large dm in deed. I only wear the socks on colder days and yes the back is pleated. crfriend, its the first time I've used photography to get others point of view.
I think the aspect ratio on mine seemed OK except I now know 10 inches is far too short in public, but wife likes me in it at home. I might chance #10 Downing street. Even 14 inch might not quite be long enough, but I know a 24 inch kilt is far too long on me.
Any way that other guy might have legs almost as good as mine but wearing only a belt is too much. He does not look straight to me.
I still don't like how girls get away with it.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I suppose he's either taped up or wearing a gaff, wearing featureless and/or matching panties, and being very careful how he moves and sits.

The sacrifices one makes for art.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Caultron wrote:I suppose he's either taped up or wearing a gaff, wearing featureless and/or matching panties, and being very careful how he moves and sits.

The sacrifices one makes for art.
Some of us are just less well endowed than others. :thumright:
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

hairy wrote:I like my short skirts but now that guy takes things too far, has he got nothing to hide under it?
That pic from skirting today I'm wondering how long the skirt is and how tall you are, I think mid thigh like yours should be OK, would you go out in that one?...
hairy - thanks for the compliment! :D The skirt 12 14" long but as it is a stretch denim, i wear it an inch or two down from the waist. I am also 5' 11" (1.8m) tall..

I do wear it in public - shopping, DIY shops and a couple of times on a charity walk. See pic below for the charity walk:-
charity walk.jpg
I agree that 10" is probably too short (depending on your height) - I have worn a couple of very short ones (about 11") - even once on a bicycle :shock: - and realised that fairly quickly. This mini is about the shortest I would go. I have another cream/beige cargo skirt (15" long) but that is worn close to my waist-line. Not worm this outside yet as it is fairly ligh material but I intend to do so when it gets warmer!
IMAG1829-resized.jpg
FYI a 24" kilt on me is just about knee-level, and is the longest "skirt" I would wear (I now have 3, one tartan one, and two UK's one black and one beige)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

Going by that I'm a bit shorter than you so I should be able to get away with a little shorter than 14inch, maybe a 12inch if I'm careful. I found the 24 inch kilt far too long, but it would be good for winter. Thanks to everyone.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Yesterday it was really warm and the sunshine too appealing for me to stay in so, since MOH was at work, I went into town yesterday. I wore a purple sleeveless top, 14" denim mini and purple trainers. No tights as it was too warm for them. No reactions at all from the masses. I went into BHS to buy a 14" waist slip and the checkout lady didn't bat an eyelid when I told her that I was wearing a BHS 14" slip now, but I found that they had stopped doing them. I returned to checkout to buy a white 18" slip at £5 only to find that they were half price so went back and got the other slips in my size and bought three. As I walked about I didn't feel at all self-conscious about the skirt and the slight cool, airy feeling was exhilarating! The more I wear a skirt the more normal it feels. I'm 5'8"" and a 14" skirt doesn't feel too short to me but though I have others shorter I think that those will stay for house use only!!!!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

I don't think describing skirts by the overall length is very meaningful, as we are all built differently, and can wear them at different positions. It might be more useful to talk about height above the knee? Also, with our different builds, and different styles of skirt, they behave differently when we sit down.

I have been wearing my skirt at work sometimes over the last few days, and yes, the cool airy feeling is very pleasant, but it keeps jangling alarms in the back of my head that tell me I've forgotten to put something on, or not zipped something up! ( knee length skirt. )
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

partlyscot wrote:I don't think describing skirts by the overall length is very meaningful, as we are all built differently, and can wear them at different positions. It might be more useful to talk about height above the knee? Also, with our different builds, and different styles of skirt, they behave differently when we sit down.

I have been wearing my skirt at work sometimes over the last few days, and yes, the cool airy feeling is very pleasant, but it keeps jangling alarms in the back of my head that tell me I've forgotten to put something on, or not zipped something up! ( knee length skirt. )
I totally agree. Just our preferred waistline height alone can make a big difference in a short skirt. Some men wear skirts almost as they would kilts, around the navel. Not to mention our proportional pelvic differences and leg lengths. For example, Tom (Kirbstone) and I, I think, may be of similar height, (he may have me by a couple inches...I'm 6'2" to 6'3" depending on shoes) but he has a very different build, longer legs, and consequently the same skirts would look quite different on each of us. Telling us how far above the knee or below the crotch, or waistline, the hem falls might be a better way for us to appreciate your descriptions.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Kiltieman

Post by Kiltieman »

There is no reason why you shouldnt go out in a miniskirt.
As previous posters have said though its best to wear appropriate underwear as the shorter the skirt is the easier it is to slip up and expose yourself accidentally hence giving the naysayers the ammunition they need.
I personally wear kilts all the time and always wear pants/gym knickers of a colour to match the kilts colour or indeed just plain black ones.
At this time of year I also have a few lighter weight kilts which are also much shorter than my normal kilts. I usually wear a 'normal' kilt to just above the knees but these ones are about 6inches above my knees. I'm always careful how I sit etc but if you have underwear that blends with the skirt its no major deal if you get careless when you sit or the wind flips the skirt or kilt up at the back. I dont always wear sporrans either so the kilts can be quite flouncy if thats the word.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

No reason at all. I have worn my 14" frayed denim mini in most situations now, except for anything formal. Busy streets, shopping centres, a restaurant and shopping in a very conservative country town, where the young women at the checkout offered to carry my bags out to the car (I think it was good old fashioned service rather than the skirt). It was very windy at times but short denim skirts behave well in wind. I test my skirts with mirrors set at heights and angles that will mimmic a child's eye view to ensure there will be no obscenity with standing nearby or bending. I can lean enough to clean the car windshield knowing all is well.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I'm not into mini's... but if I were, I'd just do like I've been doing for as long as I've been alive.... just wear a good fitting pair of briefs!

Just keep in mind, you may have not only the ever present (on this site) bulge in the front, but you may hang a little from under the hood too! :oops: They say that men who wear skirts have bigger ... ... to begin with... so yeah.... just sayin.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.