Why shouldn't I go out in a mini

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Why shouldn't I go out in a mini

Post by hairy »

I like my skirts to be short and light weight, I feel long skirts are just as uncomfortable as trousers so most of mine are mini's. Now my wife say's she would go with me in public and has said things to encourage me to go out in one but I feel this is as a sort of dare. Now what she does say is that it would be illegal for me to go out in a mini skirt. This I don't understand and would in my view be illegally sexist if females can be public in them but not males. I am talking of skirts around 12 inches length, but I'm not overly tall and if nothing improper is on view then why shouldn't I go out in my mini's.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Why shouldn't I go out in a mini

Post by skirtingtoday »

A bloke wearing a miniskirt is NOT illegal. Assuming of course you also wear some undergarments for skirts that short. No-one wants to "flash" their goodies.

There have been a few times where policeman must have seen my mini and they took as little notice as the general public, if at all.

So go for it!! Especially if your wife is accepting. (or has she changed her tune recently?)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

Just wear undies the same colour as your mini skirt sorted
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Take the dare, just make sure you'd be decent even without the skirt.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

So Richard say's black skirt, black undies. Caultron say's wear a pair of shorts under the skirt. Can't I chance wearing a mini as a Scotsman would so long as I don't use stairs?
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Most know my objections to going commando. I feel it makes skirted men look like perverts, and one slip-up reflects negatively on us all, and just for one person's transient titillation. We don't need the bad press. In our situation, we are like civil rights marchers in the sixties. We need to show our best character, and not give ammunition to those who don't understand us, and would tar us all with the same brush. Whatever you do, it is NOT a solo act. It affects your skirted brothers, whether you like it or not.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

I dunno, 12 inches you say. Even the slightest breeze or misstep could be, um, revealing.

Or are you into that? Or is your wife? If so, just be ready to pay the penalties.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Wear a Skort (a skirt with built in undies - even better when the undies are compression shorts keeping everything in check and out of the way).
But a 12 inch mini just one slight slip-up and there will be trouble in river city or where ever you reside !
To get an idea of radical mini skirts try this LINK:

http://www.sisterfunbunny.com/

An almost extreme example of daring do *!*
Note some of these go to 10 and even 8 inch hem length - absolutely no room to duck and cover !
These are not leaving much of anything further to note - but frankly the female form is more appealing !
Best ONLY way to wear the mini skirt is with opaque tights/pantyhose.

The same could be noted for the Ultra Mini-Kilt from SportKilt:

http://sportkilt.com/category/7051/Ultra-Mini-Kilt.html

No more imagination - I am hyperventilating - Huba-huba-huba - WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: :!: :!: :!:

Must sign off - this is getting to be way too much !!!
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
hairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hairy »

'Hope your not getting me wrong chaps, as it looks like you might be. I like em short so I'm not all wrapped up in yards of material, but I don't want to be giving a cheap thrill to anyone. At home with no one about not bothered but out and about would be different. That said surely if I was just in public and taking care not to bend over a skirt as long as a pair of shorts would be long enough. I'm only about 5ft 6 so that has to be taken into account, so any views as to just how short is too short. Like I said I'm NOT one of those.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

A 12" mini leaves little room for manoeuvre but I am sure it would be OK if care is taken and with dark underwear - hard to distinguish from shadows if exposed.
I find a 13", worn low on hips, is my minimum for the public eye - I am 170 cms (5'7"). Also an unpleated denim mini will not lift in a wind storm.
It also depends on the situation where you are wearing it, if it is acceptable or not - like any clothing. Wear it where you would wear short shorts.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

I play sports in a fairly short skirt but always wear swimming trunks underneath so everything is tucked away where it should be. Good undies should do the trick, but bouncing and running around something firmer is required! Also trunks make the thing look like a skort.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I'd not try to dictate, what's o.k. for girls should apply to us guys.
Just remember that any lapse in supposed decorum gives ammunition to the nay sayers.
Steve.
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

I mow the grass in a mini.

I've even been known to wear it out and about on errands.

Well...it's really a swim-skirt and has a built-in bottom. Nowadays I mostly squat (1) to pick things up rather than bend-over at the waist. Though I may have made an error or two starting out. Either way, I'm covered in this configuration. Plus I wear support hose for medical reasons.

(1) This afternoon was at Greater's Ice Cream as a mowing-the-jungle-out-back reward, dropped some lose change - while kilted - and squatted to pick the coins up automatically.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Darryl wrote:Nowadays I mostly squat [...] to pick things up rather than bend-over at the waist.
This is actually a good thing to do rather than a bad thing. The key seems to be to keep the curve in the lower spine correct through the entire operation. In any event, bending at the knees becomes quite natural the longer one wears skirts (young girls have a considerable leg up on us lot in that regard!)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Yes they do have a lot more visible leg to bend and a great deal more practice in doing so
AND a lot less pieces and parts falling out of place in the act ! I dare go no further in detail !

Never the less with practice (perfect practice that is) one can abide by the Catholic Nun's
admonishment of "keeping the legs crossed and closing the gates to hell" !
Now that has to hurt a bit with the irresistible force meeting the immovable object if there
isn't any flexibility in the movement. So love those spandex compression under things be
they visible or under skirted cover. Aye matey shields up prepare to ward off boarders !

Looks are free and imagination can run wild but beware of the 'Fig-Leaf Police' coming to
reduce the intentional or accidental exposure !
Ye came into this world stark buck naked and no one knows what the hereafter dress code
is going to be !

Fade to BLACK and I am out of here !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !