Summer...to shave or not to shave?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
jorgovan45

Re: Summer...to shave or not to shave?

Post by jorgovan45 »

Not me, but then i wear maxi skirts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Since I've been shaving my legs I have explored pantyhose (aka"tights"). I purchased two dark colored ones that look very nice. Will probabky wear them out with my jumper dress on payday.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I don't shave my legs at all.

I either wear thick dark tights (colder weather) to obscure the hairs or in warmer weather, just the short skirt (no tights)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

skirtingtoday wrote:I don't shave my legs at all.

I either wear thick dark tights (colder weather) to obscure the hairs or in warmer weather, just the short skirt (no tights)
The feel of tights on shaved legs is beyond the imagination of those who do not shave.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

dillon wrote:The feel of tights on shaved legs is beyond the imagination of those who do not shave.
I TOTALLY AGREE, 1000% :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

dillon wrote: The feel of tights on shaved legs is beyond the imagination of those who do not shave.
Each to their own.

I tried tights a number of times and have never found any that fit and feel right. I tried shaving in case that was why they felt wrong but...

...suffice to say, I still don't like tights, don't wear tights unless absolutely required for warmth and, to be honest, in conditions that cold I'm more likely wear insulated trousers than tights with a skirt.

Have fun,

ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

dillon wrote:
skirtingtoday wrote:I don't shave my legs at all.

The feel of tights on shaved legs is beyond the imagination of those who do not shave.
I will very likely never experience that. But tights over hairy legs are still comfortable for me. I think it would just look ridiculous if one was to put on a pair of sheer, thin tights which flattened out the hairs.
Am I "old-school" in that men are "more manly" if that are hairy (ie legs, arms, body). Besides MOH pefers hairs on a man!
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Post by skirts4me »

One of the biggest problems with shaving legs is that the hair grows out again quite quickly, and what grows out first is hair which has had the end cut off, so it's thicker than new hair. I have my legs waxed. It's uncomfortable for the first couple of times, but produces a much better result and it takes several weeks before it needs to be done again. I don't go for tight/hose with a skirt as I'm trying to get away from unnecessary material around the crotch, even if it is light weight, but I do appreciate the smooth feeling on the legs - and my wife does too.
Shalom
Steven
Jetblasted

Post by Jetblasted »

My wife & my libido has shot through the roof because of my sooth legs. Our already awesome sex life went from great, to words can't describe amazing. And, the last 4 years all described encounters were in a skirt. Why take the thing off, when all you gotta do is lift it up & get busy.
Bamaskirting
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bamaskirting »

years ago, I had a mountain biking accident and broke my arm. I have always been into biking. I once read that shaving legs helped prevent injury. after crashing, I sat on the side of the highway and smoked a cigarette before continuing on. I made it a few more miles and bought a lot of beer for pain and called met mother to come get me. at home, I noticed how scraped my legs were from the crash. the beer helped my arm, and the buzz made me decide to shave my legs. I loved it. I shaved for the next year or so afterwards.
I ended up going to prison, so I did not shave anymore for reasons you might guess. I'm free now and once again shave. I love the look and feel.out of curiosity sake, I even tried shaving armpits. I've discovered that I like that too.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Bamaskirting wrote:years ago, I had a mountain biking accident and broke my arm. I have always been into biking. I once read that shaving legs helped prevent injury. after crashing, I sat on the side of the highway and smoked a cigarette before continuing on. I made it a few more miles and bought a lot of beer for pain and called met mother to come get me. at home, I noticed how scraped my legs were from the crash. the beer helped my arm, and the buzz made me decide to shave my legs. I loved it. I shaved for the next year or so afterwards.
I ended up going to prison, so I did not shave anymore for reasons you might guess. I'm free now and once again shave. I love the look and feel.out of curiosity sake, I even tried shaving armpits. I've discovered that I like that too.
Manscaping?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Caultron wrote:Manscaping?
LOL...Every time I hear that term, an image of an English garden maze shaved in a hairy back comes to my mind.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

dillon wrote:
Caultron wrote:Manscaping?
LOL...Every time I hear that term, an image of an English garden maze shaved in a hairy back comes to my mind.
Wrong side.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Bamaskirting wrote:I love the look and feel.out of curiosity sake, I even tried shaving armpits. I've discovered that I like that too.
After years of shaving under my arms several times a week I started having them waxed. A bit painful, but the results last for several weeks. Having done it three or four times now, I notice I have less hair growing.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

I've been using an epilator for a couple of years now. I hated the stubble from shaving. I epilate once a week, and it gets most of the hair. If for some reason I want to be very smooth I go ahead and shave after I'm done epilating. With the combination I get very smooth legs, arms and pits. What little is shaved does cause some stubble but a heck of a lot less than if I shaved only. The epilated hair follicles produce very fine hair at first when they grow new hair several weeks later.
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon