Worried that people might take pics of me

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Worried that people might take pics of me

Post by skirted_in_SF »

robert wrote:I was out enjoying the day. A few days later a friend and colleague called me. She didn’t know about my dressing. A picture of me had ended up on her facebook profile on a friend of hers home page. I told her everything, and she was very accepting. We made a deal that she didn’t tell anyone else. My worst fear ending up opening to an other friend that of course was accepting. After all it had a very positive ending.
I curious how this happened. Was it completely random/based on location or does FB use face recognition to match you with a name in their system and then showed you to someone with whom you have a FB connection?
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
robert
Distinguished Member

Post by robert »

Hi Skirted_in_sf

The picture ended up on my friend’s wall on facebook because she is a friend with the one who posted the picture. On facebook many people have several hundreds friends. Some are maybe someone they only met ones. I went out in my own city and that is why I ended up on my friend’s facebook wall. It is so often when I meet someone new we do have common friends on facebook. The world is too small. It isn’t any general face recognition thing. My colleague and friend recognized me on the picture. She called her “friend” and she removed it immediately. She was embarrassed. I attach the photo that was posted. I received a copy before it was removed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

I think its a good picture Robert. You look very comfortable in the dress.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

Wesley wrote:I was walking in the woods recently and saw an odd contraption strapped to a tree. Sure enough, a hunter's game camera probably got a great set of photos of me walking up the trail in an ankle length skirt. There is no such thing as privacy anymore in the digital photo era.
Well I had a similar experience. I was walking a nature trail on my property in the nude (except for shoes and hat) and was startled by a flash. I retraced my steps, and saw another flash. It took me at least 5 minutes to locate a game camera strapped to a tree. A disrespectful hunter had put it there even though the land was posted. I took it apart and hooked it up to my computer, and downloaded (and erased) 3 nude photos of me! The guy's contact info was in the camera, and I had the police serve a no-trespasing order on him. I later found a second camera aimed at a hayfield of mine, and the thing had photographed one deer and a lot of tractors and haying implements!

I don't care if anyone photographs me skirted, or nude, or otherwise. If you get the calendar of The Naturist Society you'll see a couple of small photos of me in group shots… What bothered me was that the hunter had installed electronic surveillance equipment on my property without permission.

------ Henry
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I hope you kept the cameras. If someone has trespassed on your property and you find things left by them they are yours. I found a tree stand on one of my wooded lots properly marked with no trespassing and no hunting signs. :evil: I notified the game management people and they found out who it belonged to and gave them a $500 ticket. I got to keep the tree stand [not a cheap one at that], :twisted: I later sold it to a friend of mine who hunts and he was extremely happy at the price. I would love to find a game camera on my property.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Fred in Skirts wrote:I hope you kept the cameras. If someone has trespassed on your property and you find things left by them they are yours. I found a tree stand on one of my wooded lots properly marked with no trespassing and no hunting signs. :evil: I notified the game management people and they found out who it belonged to and gave them a $500 ticket. I got to keep the tree stand [not a cheap one at that], :twisted: I later sold it to a friend of mine who hunts and he was extremely happy at the price. I would love to find a game camera on my property.
Good for you, Fred, although I am not opposed to most folks reducing the population of White-tail. They should do so with permission, however.

I'd like to recount a tale of a friend, whose name shall remain anonymous...and it was not me. I don't care to get up early enough to shoot deer. And i will advise that this is a bit disgusting...

My friend suffers from a severe case of IBS...if you don't know what that is, Google it.

He went hunting on a large tract of private property, by invitation, which had many erected deer-stands, and upon climbing the fifteen or twenty feet to his assigned stand, found that he had to go...URGENTLY...and could not wait.

So he dropped his camo coveralls and hung his derriere over the side of the tree-stand and let his business go.

Later in the day, after the hunt, a friend there said "Today I saw something I had never seen before..." To which my friend asked "And what was that?" The fellow said "I saw a man take a s--t off a deer-stand." My friend asked "And how did you see that?" To which the fellow replied "I saw some movement in his direction, so i looked through my rifle scope to see what was happening...and I watched the whole thing."

Maybe you should get some telephoto equipment...

LOL!! :)
Dillon
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

dillon wrote:.... Later in the day, after the hunt, a friend there said "Today I saw something I had never seen before..." To which my friend asked "And what was that?" The fellow said "I saw a man take a s--t off a deer-stand." My friend asked "And how did you see that?" To which the fellow replied "I saw some movement in his direction, so i looked through my rifle scope to see what was happening...and I watched the whole thing." ......
Your friend should be lucky that the spotter did not have a itchy trigger finger.

In German, a lower back tattoo or tramp stamp is called an Arschgeweih, ass antlers. So your friend could have been lucky two times.
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak